Chit Chat

I can't remember if it was before or after. You know they say when you get older memory is the first thing to go. I can't remember the second thing.

It was well intentioned :blush:

First off, I'm fine for you, Sommers, to be in charge of running polls.

As for the rest, hmm, where do I start...

First of all, I am not saying that people are only allowed to suggest things if they support it with a test sim! Not everyone even has BTS for a start.

Hey come on. You know I am not saying an issue is "key" only when people disagree with me, be fair. We've run tests for every city we've built so far, and even for lesser matters, I don't see why deciding the location of this city should be any different

And I think that if we are going to try and win this game we should plan what we want to do in detail. We will vote, but surely people will prefer to vote on facts rather than speculation? Or at least as close to facts as we can get. We can present views and opinions and people will make their decisions based on that.

You're kind of arguing against a proposal I haven't made here... I'm am not in any way suggesting that we decide things by anything other than team consensus (illustrated through discussion or polling whatever is appropriate). I am saying that we should try and test various options through test games because that is best practice and just generally a smart, sensible thing to do.

Final point:
When the RNG comes into play you need to be careful with trusting a sim game. We all know that, nothing new there, it's nothing about being 'faulty' as you put it. When I repeatedly got Confu founded in Oskemen I raised it to the team to ask what people thought about it. Then we discussed the formula and we realised the results were being repeated because the RNG was not refreshing without a Civ restart.
OK :king: I agree with everything you said except this:

This is not what I am suggesting at all, and you know it.

I was mainly trying to alert you that that is how you were coming off. I can admit that I was very forceful and provocative and possibly a little overly-dramatic.;)

You should try taking some of your own advice:
And Provo, this above Post is Mean spirited and Off-Topic. In your reply please:

1. Stay on topic and say something of substance. I know you have good ideas about a tech trading treaty for example...
2. Resist the temptation to put in Barbs and Insults... Please! Your team mates are "troublesome" because you antagonize them by calling them "troublesome." OK?;)
No apologies for this:
1. I was doing something that you do all the time, keeping the thread on topic.
2. I did not call anyone names or hurl any insults, I seldom do (if ever) even when I am called names or insulted.
3. If you think my tone was "harsh" toward Provo, well maybe, but c'mon... I mean, Really?

As I said everything else I agree with, and thanks :king: for the vote of confidence :goodjob:

I did not think my response to this was really relevant to any thread so I stuck it in chit chat. Hope that's OK.:)

Sure you weren't being insulting but you were certainly stirring :trouble:

Anyhooo, glad we're all clear now...

Seeing as Sommers seems to love referring to me as :king: instead of 'Kaleb'

I thought it would be a laugh to find smilies for other members of the team.

Here are some suggestions:

donsig = :old:
Indiansmoke = :smoke:
cav scout = :cowboy:

hmm, that's all I can think of right now...

I'm heading off to meet PurpleTurtle. He's visiting in-laws near by and so we've arranged to meet. This will be the first time I've meet another member of this forum in person. BTW, he's on Team Cav.

Oh yeah, PurpleTurtle. I thought that was something rude first time I heard it...

Oh yeah, PurpleTurtle. I thought that was something rude first time I heard it...

:lol: Actually, I learned from him today that the name comes from his playing style. He likes to play Ghandi and use a turtling strategy. Not sure if this is from his [civ3] or [civ4] games.

He's a very nice guy. A lucky bloke, too, cause he has a wife who plays Civ. What more could a man ask for? We had a nice meeting, the three of us, with lots of Civ talk. I suggested we get up a pitboss game on the side, something that involves (Kaz/Cav). I suggested we try to use partners since that can speed up play time. He came up with the idea of partnering someone on Cav with someone on Kaz - a sort of cultural exchange if you will. It would be good if we could also partner people up in different time zones where they could alternate playing turns - the game would go much faster that way I think. Anyone interested?

That sounds like a great idea!! We would need some kind of a forum for that to chat, where could we do that?

I'm GMT+0 (soon to be moving to the G of GMT too...)

And yes, lucky fellow. My wife hates Civ. It's her arch rival for attention :mischief:

PurpleTurtle said:
As far as map settings do you think your teammates would have interest in playing some kind of water-intensive map? Like an archipelago or something like that? The part of maps that is resource intensive is usually land, so if we made a map with a relatively small amount of land and a whole lot of water there could still be a lot of exploration without a lot of burden for our computers. Something like a large archipelago would run as well as a standard hemispheres. I also suggested pairing up with one person from each team. The time zone point is a really good idea and I will add that to my thread.

For those who want in, what about settings? As for a forum to chat, couldn't we start a thread in the multiplayer forum?

For those who want in, what about settings? As for a forum to chat, couldn't we start a thread in the multiplayer forum?

Yeah, let's call it "Team Cav and Team Kaz get along so well they are playing a pitboss together..."

:p

Does anyone here play the Game of the Month?

I just started GOTM 42 - it is a raging barbs game. It sucks hard.

Anyhow we have done a great job of fog busting. Well done - teammates!

Does anyone here play the Game of the Month?

I just started GOTM 42 - it is a raging barbs game. It sucks hard.

Anyhow we have done a great job of fog busting. Well done - teammates!

I try to play them all. I've played and submitted all 90 of the vanilla [civ3] / [ptw] GOTMS. I did try GOTM 42. I was all set to use what I've learned here about fog busting. I didn't learn enough since the barbs took my capital anyway. :( I didn't submit that game. :lol:

I've been trying one of the Gauntlets now (Major 50). It is difficult for me. It's prince on a standard size continents map. You have to play China and have always war checked. I am embarrassed to say how many Chinas I've sent to obscurity in the last week.

Did you play the Rome always war raging barbs GOTM? That was insane.

I never beat that one but I found that early harassment of the AI was very useful in slowing their development. Just having an archer or warrior in their city radius keeps them from doing much development. Using the oracle to get longbows might also be useful.

Nothing like a CG3 Longbow with a whole lot of first strikes.

Has anyone seen the commercial for the Congress of World Religions being held in Kazakhstan? It is on CNN fairly often in DC at least.

Top Bottom