Christian priest defends gay people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you also show Christian charity by not ramming your views on homosexuality down everyone's throat?

You don't have to engage in sexual acts with members of the opposite sex to pertain to a certain sexuality. One can be gay without ever once having sex with a member of the same sex. Even if you never have sex with a man again (I thought you were a virgin?), you cannot change your bisexuality. That is, you claimed you were once a bisexual.

One cannot change one's sexuality, one can only suppress it. Perhaps forever, perhaps not. Suppression, however, leads to frustration, and frustration leads to anger, which we are seeing on display here today.

Peri said:
Will you also show Christian charity by not ramming your views on homosexuality down everyone's throat?
Sorry, I have as much of right to say my views on homosexuality as much as you do.

CivGeneral said:
Unfortunately, no.
Then that means that allthough you might loathe homosexual behaviour you cannot deny them the right to act gay in public. You can try by voting for candidates who supprt your view to get it outlawed but untill it is, you have to tolerate it :)
Well I thought you already answered your own question. But you don't have the right to deny me the freedom of speech.
Disco! In the same way, you don't have the right to deny the right homosexuals have to display their sexuality.

I get the feeling you understand all this but that sometimes your emotions get the best of you.

Well CG, you cant complain when your views are refuted, ridiculed and rubbished can you?

CivGeneral said:
Well I thought you already answered your own question. But you don't have the right to deny me the freedom of speech.

*sigh* Another thing you don't understand.

Ziggy Stardust - Sorry, I cannot tolerate homosexuals showing public displays of affection and I cannot tolerate homosexuals displaying their imoral sexuality in my face.

Pasi Nurminen said:
One cannot change one's sexuality, one can only suppress it. Perhaps forever, perhaps not. Suppression, however, leads to frustration, and frustration leads to anger, which we are seeing on display here today.
Realy, cause I did changed my sexuality. Thanks to Jesus and good old self discipline. All I simply did was renounced bisexualiy and said bye to it and return to heterosexualiy. I will still be a heterosexual and will always be a heterosexual.

Turner said:
Really? Where does it say that?
Its in there. Abortions, murders, and ESCR goes against the "Thou shall not kill commandment"

Well, to be fair to CG, I'm not comfortable with public displays of affection period, that is outside established places (disco, bedroom, etc) but maybe I've spent too much time in a buddhist culture.

CivGeneral said:
Its in there. Abortions, murders, and ESCR goes against the "Thou shall not kill commandment"
Right. Old testament. Where in the new testament does it say to do that?

Turner said:
Right. Old testament. Where in the new testament does it say to do that?
Please see my related post in the "What if you were in a Islamic country?". I do not like repeating myself in two separate threads.

CivGeneral said:
Realy, cause I did changed my sexuality. Thanks to Jesus and good old self discipline. All I simply did was renounced bisexualiy and said bye to it and return to heterosexualiy. I will still be a heterosexual and will always be a heterosexual.

Well changing sexuality through external means rarely ends well.
But you said you dont go with the OT didnt you?

CivGeneral said:
Please see my related post in the "What if you were in a Islamic country?". I do not like repeating myself in two separate threads.

It would be polite to provide a link.

CivGeneral said:

Hey, you're the one who jumped into that thread and started going about there the same way you are here.

Ive found it. I just didnt recognise the tile CG gave it.

CivGeneral said:

Like I said, you don't have to have sex with men anymore to be a bisexual. Unless you have completely wiped the thought of homosexual relations from your mind, stopped looking at men attractively, and ceased all *private* activities you will still have bisexual tendencies. Even if you manage to do all of that, which is not likely regardless of the stance you've made here, you'll still be a bisexual because no one can change their sexuality, only they can repress it.

Sweeping something under the carpet doesn't mean it isn't there.

Pasi Nurminen said:
Unless you have completely wiped the thought of homosexual relations from your mind, stopped looking at men attractively, and ceased all *private* activities you will still have bisexual tendencies.
Sorry, but I explicitly said that I find the attraction of men repulsive and disgusting. And I have whiped every shread of homosexual relations and ceaced all private activities that is related to bisexual tendencies.

Pasi Nurminen said:
Even if you manage to do all of that, which is not likely regardless of the stance you've made here, you'll still be a bisexual because no one can change their sexuality, only they can repress it.
Sorry, I will have to disagree with you on that one. I will never be a bisexual. I am a heterosexual and I will always identify myself as a heterosexual whether you like it or not. I changed my sexuality through the help of Jesus Christ and self-discipline!

Pasi Nurminen said:
Sweeping something under the carpet doesn't mean it isn't there.
Sorry, I shreaded and burnt it forever. I did not swept anything under the carpet. Now quit trying to falsely out me. I am happy as a heterosexual so get used to it.

CivGeneral said:
Ziggy Stardust - Sorry, I cannot tolerate homosexuals showing public displays of affection and I cannot tolerate homosexuals displaying their imoral sexuality in my face.
Then I'm afraid it's you who better either stay indoors or simply ignore it, because as it is, you can't forbid them to show public displays of affection either.

Ultimately those are the options you are giving yourself, and they are limiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom