MoraI foundations test, by Johnathan Haidt

Having a full toolkit doesn't make somebody do good works. But boy, does it seem to help sometimes.

as you noted, not much point divulging on most of this, as we both know how it goes when i talk to you. if you don't see the concrete of how morals are socialized, even following pillars, i don't know how to help you. this particularly pertains as to right wing attributions of naturality, when it comes to purity, biopolitics and disgust.

however, as to weaponization, since you asked. some right wingers literally claim that since haidt describes them as generally valuing more moral pillars, they are more moral. ie better people, leftists are naturally more evil, etc. when it's not how it works, not even for haidt. it's not particularly common, but knowledge of haidt isn't either.
Ha! Iirc, we have also laughed about how much we disagree with each other! Are you a tabula rasa guy?

As to claims, I'm sure the most virtuous people will claim that "this test is good for me"....pretty much sounds like nonsense to me.
Having a full toolkit doesn't make somebody do good works. But boy, does it seem to help sometimes.
Oh, I think they have the toolkit. Actually, that's what the theory says too.

Let me refine, then. Even a screwdriver takes some practice to operate with skill.

Once you get past dropping and losing your screw every time you can progress to dropping and finding the screw. Then you can progress to not getting it in true enough to start. Then you can progress to stripping threads. Then you can progress to coring out the head. All baby steps.

no.

which actually returns to why it's tough between us talking. just you actually reading my posts should preempt this question ;)
Well, you certainly sound like one to me. Assuming I haven't read your post is embarrassing....

39. Mentally sound adults should have the absolute right to do what they want to their own bodies, even when it may be detrimental to public health. (This includes both using hard drugs recreationally, as well as refusing vaccination).

This has genuinely challenged my thinking in life. I am VERY strongly pro-vaccination. I'd struggle to spend time with someone who is not.

I also love drugs. Admittedly my use is not resulting in a cost to the NHS.. but there are obviously other costs to society.

Also:

1708452089198.png

This has genuinely challenged my thinking in life. I am VERY strongly pro-vaccination. I'd struggle to spend time with someone who is not.

I also love drugs. Admittedly my use is not resulting in a cost to the NHS.. but there are obviously other costs to society.
Would you share your answer?

Would you share your answer?

Absolutely, but in the end it's not so remarkable. I agree.

Its just that I'd not considered the freedom (to do harm, such as recreational drugs) is arguably equivalent as the freedom not to take drugs (a vaccine).

Well, you certainly sound like one to me. Assuming I haven't read your post is embarrassing....
that's on you and your reading comprehension. there are positions other than haidt and tabula rasa. and i indeed noted there's a lot of haidt i like.

"are you a christian?"
"no, i quite like tyr."
"oh, so you're jewish."
that's what you did.

Its just that I'd not considered the freedom (to do harm, such as recreational drugs) is arguably equivalent as the freedom not to take drugs (a vaccine).
for this puzzle, one can guarantee bodily autonomy in a high regard, but the people that want others to vaccinate are usually indeed very pro body autonomy. the issue is that there's another facet here.

eg a position one could have then - you're free to not take the vaccine, but that does not give you the right to engage in public spaces for example. like, let's go all out here and say that people have the inherent right to blow themselves up with dynamite. doesn't mean they'll be allowed to do that in their own apartment building. similarly, not vaccinating and then going to school or work is an actual safety hazard.

I have effectively four foundations.

1. Right
2. Neutral
3. Wrong
4. Wrong, but mostly inconsequential, and no one else will know

My time is split 1:4:1:4

Thanks, I am mostly pro vax and pro legalization of recreational drugs...however, I don't like all the possible consequences, so I was a slightly agree.
that's on you and your reading comprehension. there are positions other than haidt and tabula rasa. and i indeed noted there's a lot of haidt i like.

"are you a christian?"
"no, i quite like tyr."
"oh, so you're jewish."
that's what you did.
Gee, I hope @The_J has a seen this progression..... No, I comprehend just fine. I made no such comparison. You simply don't understand the concepts, don't want to or there is some language issue. Interestingly, if you would understand haidt, you might consider that moral foundations predate language in humans.

Gee, I hope @The_J has a seen this progression..... No, I comprehend just fine. I made no such comparison. You simply don't understand the concepts, don't want to or there is some language issue. Interestingly, if you would understand haidt, you might consider that moral foundations predate language in humans.
you asked me whether i aligned with haidt.

i said no, but listed things of his i agreed with, including some ideas of us being individually prone to aligning with certain moral pillars.

seeing that i didn't align with haidt, you asked whether i was more a tabula rasa type of guy.

this was, as always, baffling, because tabula rasa is a very far cry from what i literally just told you in the exchange.

when i told you, then, that i indeed was not a tabula rasa guy, your response was that i surely sound like one. which is ???

as such, i used the hypothetical dialogue over religious beliefs as a comparison.

you ask me whether i have position X. i say no, i have Y. therefore, to you, i am Z. this is the absurd part of it. i assure you, i understand the concepts just fine. it's you that defaulted to only X and Z existing, and framing me as Z, by virtue of bypassing the Y that i'm literally typing to you.

the latter is why i'm questioning whether you read my posts before responding to them, or whether you have troubles understanding what i'm writing. the former is giving you the benefit of the doubt, and you act insulted.

-

for haidt and moral foundations predating language, that is a very old idea, and you don't have to be... Haidtian? to agree with it. neither is the idea of moral pillars being innate to personality or nature unique to haidt, or invented with him. he's the first one i learned about who aligned moral pillars along the political axis in his specific way, however.

Sure. That's just fine.

personalitytest.png

Didn't put too much thought into these answers, since I'm used these kinda quizzes by now.

I'd rather like to kill people, grind them up possibly alive; preferably feet first, package them into their own intestines to make fine sausages 🌭, roast those sausages 🔥 FLAME GRILLED 🔥, and enjoy.😊

I'd rather like to kill people, grind them up possibly alive; preferably feet first, package them into their own intestines to make fine sausages 🌭, roast those sausages 🔥 FLAME GRILLED 🔥, and enjoy.😊
Yikes! You're gonna gain a lot of weight!

For that amount of aggression, I suggest you to spar.

We like to imagine violence over people, but when violence is mutual a light jab to the face can reminded you that a cup of coffee and a chill conversation is what you actually like the most.

Plus cannibalism gives brain rot.

Darn those malfolded proteins.

Top Bottom