City Name Maps

I don't know, I just downloaded the Dutch map you uploaded two posts above mine. I edited the landmarks, because I thought I should do it so. Then I saved the worldbuilder file and uploaded it here. The Byzantine landmarks were already there.

Umm.. no, the Byzantine names are not there
The file I uploaded only has the dutch city names as landmarks

I guess you don't use the latest version of the mod then?
Update to the latest SVN version, and try running the file I uploaded again

Yes I use the regular download version, the OP said I didn't have to download the latest version to do all this.

Yes I use the regular download version, the OP said I didn't have to download the latest version to do all this.

Sry, that's outdated
There were some .dll changes since
Until 1.2 is released, you need a somewhat recent SVN version

By the way, did you receive my email with the Bulgarian and Norse CNMs?

Yeah, got them, but I wasn't home for a couple days
Will update them with my next commit
Thx!

I've updated and emailed you the Venetian city name map to cover Egypt and the Levant properly. I tried to get Venetian exonyms where possible, but ultimately most of them are Italian. I also corrected the Turkish CNM in Algeria (previously it just swerved into the Mediterranean- never changed from an old map?) and added some city names in Morocco. I also modified the Byzantine, French, Arab, Cordoban, Burgundian, and Turkish city name maps slightly in the Aleppo area (one city name was misplaced).

I've updated and emailed you the Venetian city name map to cover Egypt and the Levant properly. I tried to get Venetian exonyms where possible, but ultimately most of them are Italian. I also corrected the Turkish CNM in Algeria (previously it just swerved into the Mediterranean- never changed from an old map?) and added some city names in Morocco. I also modified the Byzantine, French, Arab, Cordoban, Burgundian, and Turkish city name maps slightly in the Aleppo area (one city name was misplaced).

All your recent city name updates are up on the SVN

Is there a reason why Germany's city name map is slightly different from everyone else's (about one tile north and/or east)? Which one is correct- Germany's or everyone else's?

I presume the German/Austrian city name map is the correct one, and (literally) everyone else's is wrong? I don't think that's right, since for example the Prague tile (where it spawns) is presently Plisen, not Prag.

I previously reshuffled cities in Germany a bit and added more detail. Especially I did not like the situation along the Rhine. But that threw the map out of sync with e.g. France, Burgundy & Netherlands. Prague is difficult bc it was 3x3 earlier, allowing for the possibility of it existing twice. I can look over it again. But it would be better to have a map tool that allows to check whether the map spots are in sync with all other civs.

Well, at least have the spawning Prague spot say, well, Prag. ;)

Also, I patched and filled in the German and Norse city name maps for the Levant. I also made a minor change to the French/Burgundian city name maps, and somewhat expanded the Norse city name map in the British Isles. Should be emailed to AbsintheRed shortly.

Well, at least have the spawning Prague spot say, well, Prag. ;)

Also, I patched and filled in the German and Norse city name maps for the Levant. I also made a minor change to the French/Burgundian city name maps, and somewhat expanded the Norse city name map in the British Isles. Should be emailed to AbsintheRed shortly.

Thanks, will check it soon
Btw, the german city name map was perfectly in sync with the other ones before 2phunkey4u's changes
He improved some regions though, so make a concensus about the names, and we can sync everything to that map

I've done the Hungarian and Spanish city names for Egypt and the Levant, and emailed it to AbsintheRed. Of course, I don't speak Hungarian, so fix whatever mistakes you see. ;)

Also, a reminder about this:

I've done the Hungarian and Spanish city names for Egypt and the Levant, and emailed it to AbsintheRed. Of course, I don't speak Hungarian, so fix whatever mistakes you see. ;)

Yep, got it
Will check it tonight

Also, a reminder about this:

Already included in my WIP version
Will be up with the next commit

In that file I sent you, I also put Kievan city names for Constantinople and Jerusalem. Forgot to say that initially.

As long as Bohemia is fixed.
Easy solution: Rename the Prague spot back to Prag (this was not my intention, anyway) and the city on the Stone nearby to Pardubitz. This way, Prague remains in a 2x2 area.

Easy solution: Rename the Prague spot back to Prag (this was not my intention, anyway) and the city on the Stone nearby to Pardubitz. This way, Prague remains in a 2x2 area.

Yeah, I'll fix that once AbsintheRed commits my city name map changes. I also suspect that Berlin might be out of place, though I need to check.

In that file I sent you, I also put Kievan city names for Constantinople and Jerusalem. Forgot to say that initially.

Yep, I always check your changes before including them
Thanks for all the updates!

Added Polish city names for Egypt and the Levant, and a couple of minor changes in the German CNM in Eastern Germany and Bohemia that also need to be applied to the Austrian CNM.

Added Polish city names for Egypt and the Levant, and a couple of minor changes in the German CNM in Eastern Germany and Bohemia that also need to be applied to the Austrian CNM.

Thx, got your email!

Top Bottom