City of Light & Aesthetics finisher

Frossa

Prince
The French UA, City of Light, doubles theming bonuses in wonder and museums, but apparently so does the Aesthetics finisher.
Do these two modifiers add up and give France 4x the normal tourism bonuses from theming (2x by default, x4 after Aesthetics), or is this combination just not as powerful as I thought?

Yes. IMO because of this, France is the best civ for a peaceful culture approach below deity. You want to build the tourism wonders in your capital anyway.

France and Pedro that have bonuses that can net you extra tourism, and Pedro's is associated with golden ages. I love France!
Anyway, yeah, I think so.

I would presume that you can, anyway. Otherwise, what's the point of going France? They should bring back the +2 :c5culture: per city as well.

I agree, and I love playing France; they're my pick for at least 66% of my games. The City of Light bonus being so wonder-dependent and confined to just one city feels rather weak.

On the bright side, I rather like being able to spam chateaus on tiles that would otherwise be lackluster.

Top Bottom