City placement confusion!

Yes, that was much more of a personal attack than a point in a debate. What good does that do here?

Yes, that was much more of a personal attack than a point in a debate. What good does that do here?

It told truth where there was a lie.

I understand now that reacting with hatred is not good, but lying in first place isn't either.

It's probably best for you to learn that lies cause sickness and that they don't lead far.

I think I've done my part already.

lol seraiel is that even your real pic?! jk. ok guys thanks for all the tips. Man, I always end up stirring up controversy over the oracle! seems to still be a somewhat undecided topic. But here's what I'm hearing regardless: Focus more on expansion, get the settler before the worker (particularly because I can net a profit from a second city by using the oasis) and get a barb defense going.
I like the idea of worker stealing and rushing Isabella in theory... But I need a lot more practice before I would have faith in my success of that. Well, I guess I have to start somewhere :) So what, just hike my warriors around her borders looking for workers and metals, then storm in? Then just keep it two cities, put up a barracks in at least one of them and spam axes? Any other tips?

I'm in favor of the 2nd city being 3S of Tim. Work those cottages for a heckuva bur cap.

As for the oracle, Izzy has been known to get the oracle as early as the 2600-2700 BC, so that may not be a good play with her lurking. She loves her religious techs , and priesthood is along the path to them.

Axe rushes are not that good on immortal AFAIK. But if you workersteal (2 warriors might do), you can keep Isa chocked to death. I'd actually make peace with her if you have enough room to expand peacefully. She might even like you later on with shared religion and be decent trade partner.

Well since i was mentioned here (which is fine..i do not take this serious), i guess i should say that my Oracle opinion would be: good wonder, but under the right circumstances only for me.
Like most wonders really.

Here there seems much land to grab, and an Oracle an unnecessary risk for me (with Fin cottages on FPs and others rivers available soon). Also you already see Isa, #1 Oracle rusher :)
There will always be some discussions, Civ can be played in many ways..and Oracles are very rarely needed to "survive". If you go Oracle just so you can say you tried, with no real reason..then yep i will always advice against that, because you push your luck when it's not needed.

Well since i was mentioned here (which is fine..i do not take this serious)

Such childish insults can not been taken seriously. Anyway, welcome to the club, Fi :lol:

I am still positive Oracle beats Mids in majority of games. :p

How about test game? Say, player can chose if go for Oracle or Mids (not both!), having prerequisite techs for both, easy access to stone and enough land with good food to expand.

If you want to be really greedy I would go 1SW of rice, but safer it's with copper first ring

regarding Oracle... you can win any game without landing it (if the map is naturally winnable ofc), the difference is mostly number of turns, since Oracle can speed the win a lot.

Losing Oracle while abandoning expansion is usually ticket for losing the game.

Some players take safety over risks, some like risks since it's easy to just roll another game. take your poison.

oh goody :D
If we have more Pyras vs. Oracle talks, we will soon dream about that..
which leader would you pick? Gandhi? :b

Topic..yep you could worker steal (or maybe too late now) or attack Isa, but it's worth considering that she is one of the best neighbors you can get.
Spreads Budh, no annoying traits, easy diplo when you accept her Reli..
it's really not an AI that i want to attack early usually, unless there's no other land.

You pick the leader!

Topic: I am not sure if workersteal will be best here either. What neighbors do we have besides Isa?

Topic..yep you could worker steal (or maybe too late now) or attack Isa, but it's worth considering that she is one of the best neighbors you can get.
Spreads Budh, no annoying traits, easy diplo when you accept her Reli..
it's really not an AI that i want to attack early usually, unless there's no other land.

Just for Fippy:

Dan Quayle of the Ultimate Evil Kingdom
Luxurious (-1 :commerce: in all tiles with at least 1 :commerce: output)
Wasteful (+100% civics maintenance. Double production cost of courthouses, lighthouses, and factories)
Clumsy (+50% wonder production cost, Double production cost of forges)

Special condition just for Dan Quayle:
Cannot work any gold, gem or silver mines
No :commerce: bonuses from rivers
Double spawn rate of Barbarians
Starts with unique world wonder "The Great Plunder": Allows double strength and 1/2 the movement cost for all barbarian units inside the border. Attracts double the number of barbarians into border. May not be combined with "The Great Wall"
10 :hammers: per forest chop with no added bonus from Math

---Now to try to figure out how to actually make this game happen..... ----

***runs and hides before someone starts throwing rocks my way.... ^_^

well I went with 1sw of rice.

I would like to hear your argument for doing so. I think the general consensus here was that 3S of the capitol was a stronger location for the 2nd city, so i would be interested to see your list of pros and cons and why you chose to settle where you did. What were your priorities with that city?

I would like to hear your argument for doing so. I think the general consensus here was that 3S of the capitol was a stronger location for the 2nd city, so i would be interested to see your list of pros and cons and why you chose to settle where you did. What were your priorities with that city?

Well I was just playing through and got to a point where I didn't really know what would be best, so I wanted to know everyone's opinion, but I kept playing in the meanwhile. The lessons will have to be learned in the next game. The forum has helped me come up from noble to imm so thanks so much for helping me out!

Top Bottom