City sets

Here's something I doodled. This could be a start point for the largest city - a lot of work still needs to be done. The smaller pic is in game-size.

Attachments

• City1test.gif
    City1test.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 210
It was always going to be tricky to make something gothic and huge look good in civ city scale.
I would suggest keeping the architecture, but making the buildings a lot smaller in size. That way you can magnify the details without having something too big.

Maybe it you "fatten" up everything. Like, take out 2/3's of the butresses, but fatten up the ones that are there. That way it won't completely blur up. :D

yeah, I know the details get lost, when zoomed out. But to be frank, imperial structures are huge and gothic. I think widening & flattening the bulidings might help a bit. Plus adding some weird adeptus mechanicus buildings, hab blocks, towers and factories. Or something like that.

If i was making the set i would choose some smaller buildings anyway, since in this scale you will get nowhere with massive gothic ones. Perhaps fortified bunkers as small houses, and a gothic cathedral in the center?

Oooh! oooh! Where can I park my Titan, mr.aaglo, sir? :mischief:

On top of any building you like... as long as your titan bears the marks of ruinous powers.

I like the new version. :goodjob:

Maybe you should make building graphics out of those building too?

What are the 5 culture groups again? Imperial, Chaos, Ork, Eldar and Tau?
Seeing as Necron and Tyranids aren't in yet...

If the Necron and Tau do enter in, I propose:
Imperial- SM, IG, DH, WH- Large impressive buildings, very typically Imperial
Chaos- Ork, CM, LaTD, DE- Generally lots of spikes and dark buildings
Eldar- Eldar- Roundy, eldary, with the wierd Omega shaped... ness
Tyranid- Tyranid- Tentacles. Spores. Goo.
Tau- Tau, Necron- Very square and circular buildings, brownish, lots of glowiness

Yes they are - but they're only xenox who could use similar looking buildings.

As for my new previews: No, not at the moment. The "flame" sort of died out, because... well I actually don't know why. I managed to put in some walkways and whatnot.

Deldar could fit in with chaos, and the orks have some cities already that we can use, and since we have next to no nids at the moment, i think they would be better off as barbs until more are made, which frees up a slot for da orks :D

Could the eldar and tau be grouped together perhaps?

Top Bottom