• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ 5: Civilizations/Leaders Wanted!

I'm not actually positive we know of any Huari leaders, either (I personally would've shot for them before the Nazca).

Pouakai as I told you earlier I couldn't give you a Leader name for the Nazca - However, let me propose a solution: Use an important Character/God of the region

The Hummingbird was the symbol for the San Pedro Cactus used extensively by the Nazca and by subsequent cultures. The Hummingbird is also the symbol of one of the more famous of the Nazca Lines. Possibly just use a local name for "Hummingbird" for a Leader name

Hey Pouakai. There's no link to the Khazar Civ idea under Asia in your first post. :)

Speaking about Khazars, does anyone have new improved ideas for them? I feel many do not know much about them, but they are still a highly interesting Civ.

Khazar
Leader
Religious Acceptance - Religions need -33% pressure to convert Khazar citizens, Cities receive follower beliefs benefits from non-dominant religions in in their cities, addition to regular, Major religion beliefs effects.
Unique Unit: Tarkhan, replaces Swordsman. Provides a +10% combat strength boost for adjacent friendly units
Unique Building: Khazar Mint , Replaces mint, Provide +3 Gold for each Silver, Gold and Salt. Building provides +1 Happiness for each of those luxury resources connected to the trade network
Khazar
Leader: Ziebel
Capital: Atil
Starting Bias: Grassland/River
Music Theme:
Unique Unit: Khagan Bek. Replaces Great General. Upon spawing a Great General, there is even chance that it is a Khagan or a Bek - The Bek gives a larger bonus to nearby troops than the regular GG. The Khagan does not benefit troops at all, however it improves tile yields for friendly cities within the same radius of effect. Note: They get randomly chosen upon spawning, they can't flip from being Khagan to Bek - it's one or the other. It was intended to be chance when it was spawned, and then remained either Khagan or Bek throughout its life.
Unique Unit: Varangian Mercenary. Replaces Pikeman. Cost: 100. Strength: 14, not 10. Movement: 2. Note: Armed with halbred, this mercenary unit does devastation against mounted units, but also has high combat value against melee units.
Unique Ability: Pax Khazarica. Resources from friendly City-States doubled. Receives Military Units from friendly City States double the usual rate when Piety Social Policy is enabled.

Here's some concepts I've been working on:

Africa:
Ashanti
Leader: Oti Akenten
UA:
Law of the Golden Stool - Can sell 1 population for 100 gold or 2 population for a land unit
UU: Ashanti Regulars - Replaces Musketmen, has 3 movement and extra flanking bonus
UB: Slave Market - Replaces Market, produces +1 gold and +1 production during war

Asia:
Afghanistan
Leader: Mir Wais Hotak
UA:
Graveyard of Empires - Units belonging to other civs have triple maintenance costs while in your borders; your units cost half while in your borders
UU: Mujahadeen - replaces Anti-Tank gun. is mounted and uses Horses with 4 movement. Has a bonus vs. Helicopters (also keeps the bonus vs. Tanks). appearance: horseback riders with shoulder-mounted rocket launchers.
UB: Silk Road Station - replaces Bank, same as Bank and +1 gold on each luxury resource.

North America:
Comanche
Leader: Quanah Parker
UA: Spirit of the Open Range - +1 Culture on unimproved plains tiles
UU: Comanche Raiders - Replaces Cavalry, no movement cost to pillage, has a chance to evade melee attacks
UB: Medicine Tipi - Replaces Granary, +1 food from Horses, Cattle, Sheep

Europe:
Saxons
Leader: Alfred
UA: Alfred's Last Stand - Forts have +100 defense, allows +2 visual range for units within, half the regular build time; pillaged improvements are repaired in half the time
UU: Saxon Fyrd - Replaces Swordsman, has +1 movement within cultural borders
UB: Burgh - Replaces Walls, +1 gold, faith, culture

I like your Afghani UA & UU idea. Quite realistic & could be a fun civ to play as. :)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

I think the afghani ub might be a bit too similar to the Arabian ua, though. Maybe it can give gold for each desert tile instead?

Here's my list:

America:
Leaders: Washington, Lincoln, Reagan

Aztecs:
Leaders: Montezuma, Itzcoatl, Cuatemoc

Byzantines:
Leaders: Theadora, Justinian, Basil II

China:
Leaders: Mao Zedong, Qin Shi Huang, Chiang Kai-Shek

Celts:
Leaders: Brennus, Boudicca, Vercingetorix

Egypt:
Leaders: Rameses II, Cleopatra, Hatshepsut

England:
Leaders: Elizabeth I, Churchill, Edward III

France:
Leaders: de Gaulle, Louis XIV, Napoleon

Germany:
Leaders: Bismarck, Frederick II, Wilhelm II

Greece:
Leaders: Alexander, Pericles, Leonidas

Inca:
Leaders: Atahualpa, Huayana Capac, Pachacuti

India:
Leaders: Ghandi, Aurangzeb, Ashoka

Japan:
Leaders: Tokugawa, Hirohito, Nobunaga

Mongols:
Leaders: Ghenghis Khan, Kublai Khan, Ogedai Khan

Persia:
Leaders: Cyrus, Xerxes, Khosrau II

Rome:
Leaders:Julius Caesar, Trajan, Constantine

Russia:
Leaders: Stalin, Peter, Catherine

Zulu:
Leaders: Shaka, Cetshwayo, Dinuzulu

Moderator Action: Merged with the main civ suggestion thread.

The patriot part of me wants Brian Boru to be a Celtic leader at some point even if his "banishing of the Danes from Ireland" is more than a bit ahistorical. Also it would be nice to have a medieval era Celtic king to signify the continuation of Celtic culture past the classical era (albeit Christianised).

That or they could go in the deep end and pick Michael Collins. :p

Just wondering, have you played Civ 4?

The civ IV system is really quite drab. All the leaders are some combination of about 6 generic traits. I like civ V way better because it makes the traits into unique abilities so that no two civs play similarly even if they have the same tendencies, like warmongers.

If they implemented multiple leaders again, I would hope that each leader has different unique abilities associated with them.

The civ IV system is really quite drab. All the leaders are some combination of about 6 generic traits. I like civ V way better because it makes the traits into unique abilities so that no two civs play similarly even if they have the same tendencies, like warmongers.

I would prefer a combination of the 2:
Unique abilities are the most powerful unique aspects of a civ, but each civ can have multiple leaders with different, less powerful traits

We can have many (30+) of these minor game modifiers for the positive traits... heck, we can even have 10-12 negative traits

Each leader can have 2-3 positive and 1 negative modifier
Even that can make it a totally different gaming experience when playing a different leader of the given civ.
For the AI it's even more obvious, as this is combined with the different attributes for the different leaders.

@CELTICEMPIRE
Ottomans? Spain? Maya? Babylon? Sumeria?
For each of those you can easily find 3 very important and pretty well-known leaders

Just wondering, have you played Civ 4?

Yeah. I have. The system was completely different, so that's like comparing apples to oranges. If you're going to have a bunch of unique abilities, you might as well just have more civilizations. If you're going to go back to a pool of shared traits, that's regressing. It's just like how you wouldn't expect civ 6 to use the system from civ 1 where the leaders were only different based in their personality.

I think each leader would have a different ability, but share the Unique units and/or buildings.

@CELTICEMPIRE
Ottomans? Spain? Maya? Babylon? Sumeria?
For each of those you can easily find 3 very important and pretty well-known leaders

I probably should have clarified that these would be the "essential civs" the others could be added on in expansions and DLC.

I like the idea of multiple leaders because it makes it so that influential leaders like Ronald Reagan, Basil II, Chiang Kai-Shek, Edward III, Aurangzeb, and Constantine, who would otherwise be left out, can be in the game.

Yeah. I have. The system was completely different, so that's like comparing apples to oranges. If you're going to have a bunch of unique abilities, you might as well just have more civilizations. If you're going to go back to a pool of shared traits, that's regressing. It's just like how you wouldn't expect civ 6 to use the system from civ 1 where the leaders were only different based in their personality.

I think that Civ 6 should incorporate elements from Civ 3, 4, and 5 (never played 1 or 2), along with having new features as well. I would really like the Palace View feature and combining units into armies from Civ 3 for example.

Top Bottom