Civ 5: Civilizations/Leaders Wanted!

MARDUK80 said:
How cool it would be if City States would also have Leaderscreens?
That would be awesome!
Maybe for another expansion or DLC?

BTW, if speculation proves true, we might have to compare our Sweden to their Sweden. Although I do think a Cannon UU is more likely than a Borg.

That's who cheated the attention it probably Tamerlane, the great military leader who created a vast empire, which could compete with even the powerful European powers at that time.

Tamerlane - Timur - Timur Lenk. Would definitely be awesome leader. He would kind of take the place of General Hannibal (of Carthage) as 'Chief Military Genious'. Timurids uniques should definitely have bonuses to Espionage, Culture and Warfare.
Having Timur in ciV would be great. After all he was my great ancestor through Babur (Founder of Mughal Empire). :p
His military tactics rivalled that of Genghis Khan, depending upon excellent mobility of horsemen, great scouting & spying potential. UA about espanioge + conquest & a knight UU would be most appropriate probably. 2 UUs would be the way to go as it was short lived conquest oriented empire (unless u count in Mughals).

Okay guys, here's an idea of mine for Venice, critique please?

Venice
Leonardo Loredan
Most Serene Republic - Oceanic trade routes provide +25% extra gold. Resources from city states may be traded
Unique Unit: Galleass, replaces [Melee naval ship from G&K]. Melee attack is sightly weaker, but a ranged land unit may be stationed on the ship and can range attack from deck
Unique Building: Murano Glassblower, replaces Forge. Does not require iron. Provides +1 Glass Luxury resource, which can be traded to foreign powers. Glass provides +6 happiness

Okay guys, here's an idea of mine for Venice, critique please?

Venice
Leonardo Loredan
Most Serene Republic - Oceanic trade routes provide +25% extra gold. Resources from city states may be traded
Unique Unit: Galleass, replaces [Melee naval ship from G&K]. Melee attack is sightly weaker, but a ranged land unit may be stationed on the ship and can range attack from deck
Unique Building: Murano Glassblower, replaces Forge. Does not require iron. Provides +1 Glass Luxury resource, which can be traded to foreign powers. Glass provides +6 happiness

How about you give them extra food from maritime city-states and a happiness boost from mercantile luxuries?
Nice glass blower idea, I know that is a huge Venetian business. :goodjob:

I mentioned a few of these points when he last posted this as well. Your critique mentions some of the things I failed to notice earlier. (can't believe I didn't notice the health thing)

I just realized Laos doesn't have any notable floating markets so it'd be best if an alternate UB is found. (the main countries with floating markets seem to be Thailand, Indonesa and Vietnam) Please do correct me on this if I'm wrong.

Anyway, something involving ivory and elephants seems best for Laos/Lan Xang (Particularly the latter, it literally means million elephants). Maybe something like the upcoming Dutch perhaps? A UI or UB that provides Ivory? And how about that in conjunction with a UA that gives mounted units strength boosts for excess Ivory, sorta like an optional strategic resource?

We have to do something about all the elephant UUs though; Naresuan's Elephants, War Elephants, Carthage's Elephants, Ballista Elephants (previous Khmer suggestion), and now Battle Elephants?

Elephant UUs are fine (aside from not needing any elephants to build), but they do seem to be deliberately designed as replacements for different units at different points on the tech tree. The Khmer suggestion is consistent with this in replacing the trebuchet. And it's not as though there aren't enough knight replacements as it is.

As for the empire's name, if that's to be used as the basis of the UA it should have a military focus as it was coined as a reference to the Laotian army rather than to suggest they had an excess of elephants in the country.

I ommited it because of Austria(-Hungary), I can put it back in

Yeah it would be nice
Hungary was on the height of it's power during 900-1500, not under the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy in the 19th century

I'm impressed the Hakkapeliitta was included. I'm even more impressed that they kept it with the original Finish name as opposed to a German translation (Hackapel) that was more American-friendly. If that isn't an indication that Firaxis is paying attention on these boards, I don't know what is.

Removed. Interestingly enough, we got the leader and both UU correct

Sweden
Gustavus Adolphus
Swedish Liberalism - Cost of Social Policies decreased by 20%. Annexed cities produce 25% less happiness
Unique Unit: Carolinean. Replaces Musketmen. Cost 120. Strength :c5strength: 16. +25% Strength against foot units
Unique Unit 2: Hakkapeliitta, Replaces Knight. Starts with Woodsman promotion.

Removed. Interestingly enough, we got the leader and both UU correct

Sweden
Gustavus Adolphus
Swedish Liberalism - Cost of Social Policies decreased by 20%. Annexed cities produce 25% less happiness
Unique Unit: Carolinean. Replaces Musketmen. Cost 120. Strength :c5strength: 16. +25% Strength against foot units
Unique Unit 2: Hakkapeliitta, Replaces Knight. Starts with Woodsman promotion.
Yep, I'm also statisfied with Firaxis' choices for Sweden
Btw, I think the Hakkapeliitta will be a later mounted unit replacement, Lancer or Cavalry
Probably Lancer

EDIT: Hungary? ;)

Yep, I'm also statisfied with Firaxis' choices for Sweden
Btw, I think the Hakkapeliitta will be a later mounted unit replacement, Lancer or Cavalry
Probably Lancer

Neither unit has any UU replacements, so either would be good - but I'd prefer a replacement for the Lancer, which is unloved in its vanilla form (AI Germans like using them though).

You forgot to replace the :c5culture: / :religion: bonus of Brazilian UA for a culture bonus during "We Love the King Day",which I suggested on the MARDUK80's public profile .

I'm just asking for a change,because I realize that one of the components of the UA is too overpowered . Now it's something like this:

Unique Ability: Ordem e Progresso. Culture generation increased during "We Love the King day" events and and less penalties for Unhappiness (like no loss of GA points and no penalties on strength of units and production)

I'm just asking for a change,because I realize that one of the components of the UA is too overpowered . Now it's something like this:

Unique Ability: Ordem e Progresso. Culture generation increased during "We Love the King day" events and and less penalties for Unhappiness (like no loss of GA points and no penalties on strength of units and production)

Has anyone done a New Zealand civ? Or is NZ too unlikely a candidate? I think the SAS and the Maori Battalion would be interesting as UUs, but the Maori Warrior from Polynesia conflicts, not to mention them both being Infantry replacements (although with the new units coming in the expansion, this might not be so much of an issue. Also, I would say Sir Keith Holyoake as the leader. For a UA, some sort of bonus from trading with other civs.

Golden Horde
Uzbeg
Start Bias: Tundra and Grassland
UA: Tatar Yoke. Can "whip" puppet states for an instant bonus of 200 gold, -1 global happiness that lasts 20 turns.
UU1: Halberdier. Replaces Pikeman. Higher cost to produce, 10% bonus versus melee units.
UU2: Steppe Cavalry. Replaces Knight. Melee strength of Knight and can melee attack, also has a slightly weaker ranged attack.

Top Bottom