DudeWiththeFood- 1
Urdnott_Scott- 2
Kerfuffle- 2
inthesomeday- 1
Groucho Marx- 1

Comes down to another tie, so it appears

I had two votes too but no biggie..

Urdnott, got a good challenge for us?

Ah, you're right, apologies, I have a habit of missing votes that come in recap posts

woo i did it

naut sure there's even any interesting times left, we've had the modern era, interwar era, industrial era, enlightenment era, classical era, ancient era, medieval era... thats like all of them I swear

woo i did it

naut sure there's even any interesting times left, we've had the modern era, interwar era, industrial era, enlightenment era, classical era, ancient era, medieval era... thats like all of them I swear
You know when they said no regional limitations? It's time to regional limitations.

REGIONAL LIMITATIONS HARD

alright then, I'll do a nice broad one then

precolombian (medieval?) americas, 1000 - 1492

:greatwork: The Toltecs :greatwork:
:c5capital: Tula
Mixcoatl

UA: Toltecayotl
:greatwork: Great Works provide +2 :c5faith: faith and +2 :c5science: science in their cities. Units gain :c5war: experience for each :greatwork: Great Work in the city where they are built. Free :c5greatperson: Great Artist upon discovering Masonry.

UU: Coyote
Replaces the spearman. Produces :c5culture: culture and points towards :c5greatperson: great artists in the capital when gaining :c5war: experience.

UB: Coatepantli
Replaces walls. Contains a slot for :greatwork: great works of art. Generates :c5goldenage: golden age points and :c5greatperson: great artist points when the art slot is filled.

Oh boy, here we go!

The Avate Kueri

Leader: Obera

UA: Yby Mara E'yma
Every :c5citizen: Citizen following your Religion increases the food kept when a :c5citizen: Citizen is born by 1%. Whenever a :c5citizen: Citizen converts back to your Religion, gain :c5faith: Faith.

UU: Guarany
The Guarany, unlike the Swordsman it replaces, does not need Iron, and gains Experience whenever one of your :c5citizen: Citizens converts back to your Religion. In addition, it may be bought with :c5faith: Faith.

UA: Karai
Whenever a Karai is born, all your :c5citizen: Citizens following a foreign Religion convert to your own Religion.

Ayy

Timucua
Leader: Saturiwa
Capital: Ossachite
Start Bias: River
Cul Div: Katuje or Tribal American
Civ IV Traits: Aggressive/Creative
Religion: Mahoma

UA: Black Drink Ceremony
May discover the unique "Alligators" resource near cities settled on River, which deals damage to nearby Units and increases Unit Production. Units may temporarily sap their Combat Strength for additional Movement.

UU: Blowgun
Significantly weaker than the Composite Bowman, which it replaces, the Blowgun may construct Camps in friendly or neutral territory and gains experience from doing so. In addition, units which it attacks receive the "Poisoned!" promotion, causing them to take passive damage at the beginning of every turn until the promotion wears off.

UB: Owl Totem
Unlike the Monument, which it replaces, the Owl Totem is instantly constructed in any city founded adjacent to a river. Provides a small amount of Culture whenever a unit is born in the city, as well as +1 Culture on Alligators.

Finally I get to design a civ from where I'm currently living!

The Chumash - Swordfish

UA: From the Sea and the Land: Coastal cities gain a copy of the Olivella Bead luxury resource while inland cities gain a copy of the Woven Basket Strategic Resource, which increases food stored after population growth +5% (max 20%)

UU: Tomol (Replaces Caravel): Much cheaper and weaker, but comes earlier, at compass. Internal trade routes sent from a city with a Tomol garrisoned generate culture and additional food/production.

UB: Painted Cave (Replaces Garden): Does not require fresh water, but is cheaper to build for every coastal tile or mountain in city radius. Has a great work of art slot that generates faith when filled

@GPuzzle, I searched up your civ but got absolutely no results on google. Did a quick check on the leader and Karai as well, no results either. The only possible clue I had was that the Guarany unit linguistically resembles the Guaraní of South America. I'm curious, am I missing something? :p

The Yaghan People

Leader: Yamana

UA: Tierra del Fuego
All naval unit gain the unique promotion "Tierra del Fuego" which makes all animal resources adjacent to the unit yield +1 food :c5food:. +5% border expansion rate for every sea resource within a cities' borders.

UU: Anan (workboat)
Acts as a regular military naval unit (8 :c5strength:) that can improve 1 sea resource without being consumed. Naval units adjacent to Anans heal 15 health a turn.

UB: Pusaki (lighthouse)
Costs an extra point of maintenance, but 1 to 4 fish resources may appear near this city depending on the amount of naval units within its borders at the time of construction.

Don't love it, don't hate it. Criticism welcome and encouraged.

Costa Rica might be fun.
The Diquis
Leader: Boruca(Made up)

UA: The Great River: When you settle a city next to a source of fresh water, you gain +3 culture and up to one source of gold within three tiles is revealed.

UU: Metalworker: Unlike the Great Artist it replaces, when the Metalworker creates Great Works it provides +2 culture for every source of gold within two tiles.

UB: Stone Sphere: Unlike the Stone Works it replaces, the Stone Sphere is unlocked at masonry and grants +3 culture great Great Person that is alive, and can be built on plains.

+3 culture? Like total 3 culture each time a GP spawns?

Alrighty, here's my submission:
The Mississippians - Bird Man

The Buzzard Cult - Every kind of internal land trade route generates + 1 :c5food: food for every agricultural resource (wheat, bananas, sugar, etc.) within the borders of the city of origin. Cities with Mound Temples may send internal :trade: trade routes generating :c5faith: faith, while cities with amphitheaters may send internal trade routes generating :c5culture: culture.

UB: Mound Temple - The Mississippian replacement for the Temple. In addition to the base + 1 :c5faith: faith it provides, the Mound Temple generates +1 :c5faith: for every farm directly adjacent to the city. Enables sending internal faith trade routes.

UU: Tchung-kee Warrior - While weaker than the Spearman it replaces, Thung-kee warriors have + 1 :c5moves: Movement and have an additional ranged attack. However, if they use this attack and do not return to the tile they attacked within 3 turns, they are dealt damage. + 2 :c5happy: happiness while garrisoned.

Check out this spoiler for some cool history and background information.
Spoiler :
The Mississippians were maize farming mound-builders who lived throughout the eastern United States from the 9th century to the end of the 16th century. Their culture was largely unknown and mysterious until archaeologists discovered the scale of their most famous city, Cahokia, which at it's peak had over 40,000 residents. Since then, we have discovered just how huge their influence on native North America has been and how widespread their culture had become.

The Unique Ability is a reference to an old name for the Southeastern Ceremonial Complex, a huge area of land throughout the Eastern United States where Mississippi culture and religion was influential. Aspects of their culture and spirituality permeated far throughout this region largely due to the propogation of their maize-harvesting style of life and extensive trade networks.

The Unique Building is a Mound Temple. Mississippian peoples commonly built huge mounds of great spiritual and social significance, the most famous of which was found in Cahokia. The extra faith from farms is a reference to the fact that many archaelogists theorize that in Mississippian cities, the adjacent maize farms were actually part of the city, as no food storage buildings were ever discovered.

The Unique Unit is a reference to the sport of tchung-kee (also known as chunkey), played by the Mississippians and their descendants. In it, players would roll large stone hoops and compete to try and throw their spears/sticks into them. The sport was played in huge fields (hence the additional movement) for the entertainment of the people (hence the happiness). Many tchung-kee players would apparently bet almost everything they had on the game, and if they lost they were known to commit suicide (hence the damage from not picking up their thrown spears).

Culture per turn or culture like raw culture? Because the answer here dances the line between absurdly OP and minute and irrelevant

Culture per turn or culture like raw culture? Because the answer here dances the line between absurdly OP and minute and irrelevant

That actually gives me an idea. It means culture per turn for every GP currently alive.

Top Bottom