1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Design Challenge III - Alternate History

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by NiaoMeow, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

Don't tease the poor dears, Niao, they're going to need all the help they can get with this one. =]

2. NiaoMeow

NiaoMeow Ximicacan? XIMICACAN?

3. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

I vote for Tarcisio's Richu dynasty. Superb UA.

4. Scapegrace

I too am voting for TarcisioCM's Richu Dynasty, entirely on the strength of the UA. It's absolutely fascinating, and probably also a nightmare to code, which is the best kind of Civ design. =]

5. SULOMON

SULOMON Mod Civs Best Civs.

I vote for Scapegraces Michumash Republic.

6. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

My vote goes to Tarcisio's design, though honestly it was a difficult decision.

7. Uighur_Caesar

Uighur_Caesar Comandante en Jefe

It's really tough to choose between Scott and Tarcisio, but I'll vote for Scott since his made a bigger first impression on me.

8. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

I'm voting Urdnot_Scott too given the backstory, format and the civ design which is nice itself.

9. SULOMON

SULOMON Mod Civs Best Civs.

I don't think we should vote with format as a factor. The challenge is already time consuming and having to make a good format makes it take longer.

10. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

But then we might as well forget about most things; I did the cool formatting because I thought it added to the professionalism and quality of the post the same way maps, good spelling and an interesting idea do, it seems unfair to start ignoring certain things because it takes time - might as well ignore the post at all.

11. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

People always mix up my civ name with my leader name, even though I do it how Firaxis does it...

I vote for Urdnot_Scott.

12. NiaoMeow

Sorry! I couldn't really tell :blush:.

13. GPuzzle

GPuzzle Available in wax cylinder!

Do it like we do rather than how Firaxis does. Give the name of the Civ, then the name of the Leader indicated in something else.

14. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige Chieftain

I vote for Tarcisio's Richu Dynasty. It appeals to me far greatly and...just wow man...Just...wow.

15. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Spoiler :
    It was crafted with much love and care

16. NiaoMeow

Good job Tarcisiocm! The Richu dynsaty won with 4 votes, meaning you can chose the next challenge! Please P.M. me within a week with your idea. Alright, time for the challenge:

What if the Russian colony in Djibouti had not only survived, but prospered?

Some things to consider:

How will nearby Ethiopia and the Khedivate of Egypt deal with the Russian incursion?
    How will the French react to the Russians settling "their" part of Africa?
    What are relations going to be like between Russian Orthodox Cossacks and Coptic Christians?
    What kind of impact will this have on Western Europe's domination of trade in the Red Sea and the Suez Canal?
    What happens to Russia's colonies after the Russian Revolution? Does the Communist Revolution happen at all?
    How does Russia decolonize?

Have fun!
    By: Scapegrace

17. Natan35

I knew ittttt scapegrace

18. Scapegrace

=]

/5char

19. Natan35

Sagallo(Nikolay Ivanovitch Achinov)
    UA: Nation of Glory
    Gain :c5food: food from killing units and plundering encampments within caravan ranged of cities per each tile in their territory. :trade: Trade routes grant :c5production: towards military units and buildings, which grant :c5culture: culture upon completion per each citizen in the city.

UU: Red Cossack
    Replaces lancer. Unlike it, doesn't require horses and moves at half of the Lancer's speed(2 :c5moves:). It has the "Achinov's dream" promotion, allowing it to claim neutral tiles and granting it +1 :c5moves: movement when doing so. Also gets the "Redcoat" promotion, allowing it to heal 5 HP each turn even if it moves and granting it double XP if it attacks a fortified unit.

UB: Angliskaya Stina
    Replaces arsenal. Grants all units the "redcoat" promotion, and doubles the :c5culture: culture boost received from completing units, in addition to increasing their starting XP by 15.

20. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

Must say that a third colonisation scenario in a row is not quite to my liking but I'll see what I can do anyway! Now, how can I twist this scenario into something totally silly and not at all what its asking me to do...