CIV Gold BTS - Technical Support

I don't know if this thread is even really looked at anymore, but it's worth a shot.

Ok, so I downloaded CIV Gold 5.2 and then tried out three ways to use the thing, when I found out a certain option didn't work, I deleted what I had done and started anew. Right now I still have the untouched unzipped download stored, so I can hopefully follow on from there, anyway here are the three methods I tried out:

1) Double clicked and my PC supposedly installed it to the default pathway
PRFiles/2K Games/Fireaxis Games/Sid Meir's Civ4 Complete/BtS/Mods
2) Used 7zip to extract files (first to desktop, then dragged unzipped file to mods folder pathway in 1) because it won't let me just extract them in the mods folder)
3) I heard some people say not to do it, but I also tried to follow 2) except instead of dragging it into the pathway I described in 1) I dragged it to the My Games mods folder in Documents.

Of all of these options I tried, only 2) seemed to have worked, 1) seemed to do absolutely nothing, the whole installation process claimed to have worked but produced no results. Anyway, so once I thought I had it running, while the actual mod was loading it was telling me about a number of errors which occurred, I can't remember them but they had to do with various units/flags/LH and then when I started into a game, as soon as I met a new civ the game crashed ("A problem has caused the game to stop working" :rolleyes: ) I suspected it was because of the mod not loading properly or something. But even when I was looking at all the new Civs in the Civalopedia and getting all excited, a vast amount of the LH didn't appear at all.

Anyway, my question is this;

Either I'm doing it wrong or I'm missing some key files or both, but can somebody gentle and patient please describe to me in slow-people terms what I'm doing wrong?

I just want to play as Ireland dammit! :sad:

Top Bottom