1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CIV Gold BTS - Technical Support

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by Fierabras, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

5.0 is coming Tuesday. You may just want to wait. :)

In the meantime, I'll go check those two immediately.

2. leodesertking

leodesertking Chieftain

I'm in the middle of a 4.0 game, will it still play if I install 5.0?

3. Wyz_sub10

Good question. I don't think it will, but you could change the install folder from CIV Gold to CIV Gold 5, and you'll be fine (essentially having two versions available).

...or wait until your done this game. :)

4. EMT

EMT Hated by the Spaniards(?)

Well, I personally enjoy 90% of all the civs in CIV Gold 5.0, but some civilizations keep appearing over and over, while some I have yet to see even once by random selection. Civs like the Maori appear EVERY OTHER GAME :eek: . So, I was wondering, is there some form of percentage selection that the game goes by, or do I just have horrible luck? Is there some way I can disable certain civs?

5. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

I've been getting error messages when I try to load the mod (the 'send error report' kind). This happens while it tries to load the uncached XML. Usually the mod loads perfectly, but I sometimes get these errors. What could be causing them?

6. Wyz_sub10

No idea. I don't think there is any hard and fast rule about what civs end up appearing, although I remember playing CIV Gold 1.0-2.0 and I seemed to get the Celts every time.

You can disable a civ by going into the "Civname"_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and changing the AI Playable and Playable values from "1" to "0". They will still appear in the pedia but won't be playable.

7. Wyz_sub10

I got this once in a while during testing, but I thought I had isolated it to the Kazakh file (which was fixed). It's possible that it was simply a random condition (thought I doubt it).

I would look at memory issues first. Beyond that, I couldn't say unless the error is reported by other users and we can find a common thread.

8. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

In terms of memory how much RAM would you recommend is enough to run the mod perfectly? My computer has 1 gig.

9. Wyz_sub10

Honestly, I'm not sure. Mine is a gig as well. I believe my laptop has 2. It may be another issue. I know if I run it under Game Jackal, sometimes it'll cause I crash.

10. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

Got 4 gig of ram for my computer now, but I still sometimes get prompts to close the program such as 'FATAL ERROR Bad memory allocation". This happens when I try to start a new game after playing another one (with 18 civs on a largeish map). Could it be a problem with the program itself?

11. Mojoqmeyvam

Mojoqmeyvam Chieftain

Civ does have memory leak issues. Two large maps with all the extra stuff that this mod requires, and 18 civs...yeah, I could see that being a problem, even with 4GB of RAM (and Vista takes out about 0.5-1GB of that anyway, and XP can't handle 4GB). I wouldn't expect it to be a problem with the mod per se, but simply that the mod isn't more efficient than regular Civ with respect to memory allocation.

12. EMT

EMT Hated by the Spaniards(?)

I recently downloaded Blue Marble and BUG, both installed in CustomAssets.....whenever I try to load CIV Gold, some of the BUG bonuses disappear(Like the icons on the bottom screen and the tech bar) and Blue Marble won't load at all......

These are my settings for the relevant(I believe) settings on CIV Gold.ini and CivilizationIV.ini:

; Modular XML Loading
    ModularLoading = 1

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
    NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
    NoCustomAssets = 0

Is there anything wrong with these settings? I checked the front page post regarding blue marble, but I'm not sure if it's still relevant, because it didn't seem to work for me. :(

EDIT: Actually, whenever I load CIV Gold, all the BUG filters turn bright pink and the tech progress bar gets a pink background. Any idea what this could be?

13. Wyz_sub10

Hmmm....nothing wrong with those setting that I can see. But I know nothing about BUG so I cannot comment from that perspective.

14. totteswede

totteswede Chieftain

I had the issue with pink bars and icons before I changed this setting:

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
    NoCustomArt = 0

Since you seem to have that one fixed I have no idea why the art doesn't load.

15. superuke

superuke Chieftain

i have tried both ver 4 and 5 in neither of them can i see the new civs or leaders. it id in the mods folder of bts so what do i do?

16. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

Hi,

I had a large amount of words forming questions, but I have found a answer to to major one so no more questions at this time;)

17. leviathan25

leviathan25 Chieftain

Hey, I'm having the same prob as superluke. I've installed both civ gold 4 & 5 and made sure they're in the right folder (C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\), but none of the new civs, leaders, etc. are not present when the game loads and when i go and load up a mod, either of the gold versions are not present.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks

18. Napalm Eddie

Napalm Eddie Chieftain

I've installed the mod but when I go to run it I get kicked to the desktop. I don't get any indication of the game working. If I look at the task manager I can see BtS running but not in the applications tab. If I try to load the mod 3 or 4 times it eventually works however it suddenly starts to run 3 or 4 games of BtS at once. Has this happened to anyone else? Does it even make sense? ;)

19. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

Whenever I click 'exit to main menu' Civ Gold crashes. Any help?

20. shippokirara

shippokirara Chieftain

(accedental double post. please ignore this message. im sorry i diddnt mean to double post i just cant figure out how to delete this post)