CIV Gold!

Edgecrusher said:
Im just curious.

How come, some of the skinned leaders look new (i.e. the way the look in the mug shots that get posted as teasers), while others, just look like the LH they were based on.

I know it has something to do with the nonshader files. Ive been playing around with them some, but cant quite get it to work.

Some graphics cards cannot handle the regular LHs so they use the nonshader versions. Unless you actually re-skin the nonshader one, it will remain the same as the original (because it hasn't been edited).

Amra has edited both for some of the LHs he did. Sevo did not, that I can recall. And I did not, either. There may be a way to do a quick cut-and-paste to replicate the shaded image and layer it over the nonshader, but I haven't played with it to test it out.

This mod looks really good, however I have a problem when I try to download it. When the box comes up to download it, it says it is an unknown file type. So when I download it, it comes up asking which program it should open with. It has done this more than once. What can I do to solve this problem? I would really like to play with this mod.

You may need winRAR to download it. I didn't have winrar for a lonf time and wasn't able to play many of the mods here. many modders use winrar here on cfc. Best thing is you can get free (trail Version at least and even when the trail is up you can still use it) Just goto to download .com to download it hope that helps

Donkey Puncher said:
You may need winRAR to download it. I didn't have winrar for a lonf time and wasn't able to play many of the mods here. many modders use winrar here on cfc. Best thing is you can get free (trail Version at least and even when the trail is up you can still use it) Just goto to download .com to download it hope that helps

You can also use 7zip. That's the native program for this particular zip type, and the program is freeware.

The reason people use 7zip more now is that it offers much, much better compression that zip (and even better than standard rar).

Donkey Puncher said:

I've got WinRar. I'll try again using WinRar. Thanks for helping.

It says that the file is either in an unknown format or is damaged. It does this everytime I try it. What should I do now?

What I would do is this.

Redownload the file. Just in case it got corrupted or didnt finish

then google 7z extractor, the program is freeware, download it, than install.

What should happen is once installed, if you right click on the file, there will be an option for 7z with an arrow to the right, this will open up more options,... one of those options will be extract here.

uipon clicking extract here, the file will be extracted.

I tried winzip and winrar and neither works for the 7z files, at least the versions that I have of winzip and winrar. Just go for 7z.

I've got to say that I'm really pleased with the amount of Civs that have been added. That must of taken ages to do! Thanks for all the hard work, I really appreciate it!

deserteagle1237 said:
When I try to choose a civilization, Civ IV closes :( Help!

That's odd. At what point? Do you mean when you go to the 'Play Now' screen and attempt to choose? If so, what message do you get?

Can you safely browse through the Civ pedia beforehand?

cybrxkhan said:
Wyz_sub10, i made an add-on to your mod here... http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=184219
it adds some extra diplomacy music to your game.

just wondered what you think about it... i can help you with diplomusic if you need it.:hmm:

Wow! :goodjob: I think you did a great job with these! By all means, if you can flesh out the music for the 6 new civs for 3.0, that would be fantastic. Thanks!!

Hey Wyz, great job with 3.0...

BTW, did you every figure out how to get it to load up faster?

Top Bottom