1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CIV Gold!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Wyz_sub10, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

Thanks!

I thought you were looking at the load thing? :eek: (of course, you get tagged with almost everything, huh? ;))

No, I'm not quite sure how to approach that. I do find, however, that when the mod is set to default, it doesn't take that long to load after the initial load. In other words, when I add a bunch of new stuff it takes a good while to load. But every subsequent game I play seems to load in a decent amount of time.

I'd be interested in knowing if my experience has been shared by others or if it's all in my head, which is always a possibility.

2. Ket

Ket Composite Of A Composite

Kael just posted that he got load times down to 15 seconds from packing all the art files.
    Which strikes me as odd, but yea...its way faster....

3. TheLopez

TheLopez Deity

Ok, so I packed my art files and the game loaded up faster but right before the main screen came up the game crashed... I loaded the game without packing the files and the game loaded just fine. Wierd.

Any ideas?

4. Ploeperpengel

Ploeperpengel academic precarity

Did you compress the files?(Kael mentioned to me they shouldn't be compressed)

5. Wyz_sub10

Do you have a link to the thread? I'd be interested in this because when we move to Warlords (and it is coming), we'll likely add even more civs after the first release.

6. TheLopez

TheLopez Deity

Link to which thread? No I didn't compress the files.

7. Wyz_sub10

Sorry, I meant Kael's thread where he talks about packing the files.

8. Wyz_sub10

I'm leaving town today for a week's vacation. I'll have sporadic internet access, but no access whatsoever to my files.

Sevo, woodelf and I are working on the UBs for the Warlords version, and I think we'll be close to finished in a little over a week's time. Most of the XML changes are complete, so we should see a Warlords version by mid-October.

Sorry it has taken so long, but with many mod-makers trying to convert their mods all at the same time, time and resources have been scarce (not to mention having to deal with the post-summer real life rush).

9. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

i think i can do that over the weekend... maybe even finish it... i'll get to work right now! :hammer:

10. Azazell

Azazell Prince

I have expansion Warlords and during started games is the error

How to play this mod Civ Gold 3.0 ?

11. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Great work on 3.0! Can't wait for the Warlords version!

@Azazell
    It's still not Warlords compatible yet. Try it with Vanilla.

12. Azazell

Azazell Prince

a ok :)

and when this mod was compatible with expansion Warlords ?

13. Wyz_sub10

Hopefully second week of October. I am out of town until the 1st.

14. Azazell

Azazell Prince

oki ;) I`m waiting for this wonderful mod ;) Good Luck !! :)

15. ironic_lettuce

ironic_lettuce Warlord

Hi everyone!

I've only just found this and really want to download and give it a go - but does it really increase load times? (I cant read the whole thread my computer is going soooooooooo slow!) If it does, is it just the initial load of the map that takes ages? Or does it increase the load time for the whole game? My PC isnt the most powerful unfortunately!! :(

Last thing - is it possible to download an older version of it, or do I have to download 3.0? I would be happy enough with the earlier version with Robert The Bruce in it :) (if I can download an earlier version - which would I dload to get RTB?)

Thanks for any help! And well done on the mod guys it looks awesome!! :goodjob:

16. awb

awb Chieftain

Downloading CivGold is next to impossible on that 3DDownload site -- anyone have a better mirror for it?

17. Wyz_sub10

Probably varies a lot among PCs. For my comp, the first load of the game with mod takes a while. After that, not so much. Once you're into the game, though, I don't notice any additional time to get going.

You can get version 2.0 in the downloads section, and if you scour www.3ddownloads.com, I believe the link to 1.0 is still around.

18. Wyz_sub10

I actually find 3ddownloads to be a lot better than some of the other free services. I used to host some files on my own space, but Gold is a bit too big for that.

If someone finds something that downloads a little faster, let me know. awb, I would suggest trying to download late at night or first thing in the morning.

19. Azazell

Azazell Prince

Wyz_sub10 ---> www.sendspace.com - this is good free server for file upload ;)

or rapidshare.de :p

btw.. This mod is wonderful !!! :) a waiting for playing in warlords:)

20. Falkenhayn_CiV

Falkenhayn_CiV Chieftain

This whole thing is amazing, though there are several more civs you should add. maybe like some more native american tribes like maybe the Pueblo or Apache and add like a north and south korea and tibet.