Civ Palace Architecture

Which palace is the best in terms of appearance?

• Kongo

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • America

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Aztec(Shared with Brasil)

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Egypt(Shared with Sumer)

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Japan

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • China

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • France(Shared with England, Norway, Germany,Russia)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Rome(Shared with Spain, Both Greeces, and Macedon)

Votes: 19 13.3%
  • India(Shared with Scythia,Arabia, Persia)

• Australia

• Poland

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Nubia

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Khmer(Shared with Indonesia)

Votes: 19 13.3%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Korea

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
the hungarian palace is inspired by the hungarian parliament in budapest, the maori one i don't know though i saw something similar in photos of new zealand so i think is a pretty famous building

So you've seen the Maori palace before? I haven't seen anyone post a photo of it. Maybe it'll appear in tomorrow's Livestream.

So you've seen the Maori palace before? I haven't seen anyone post a photo of it. Maybe it'll appear in tomorrow's Livestream.

It was visible in last week's stream. Here's a screen grab, and one from the First Look. They never showed it super close up, so you'll have to forgive the quality, but you can get the general idea.

Spoiler Maori capital :
Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 21.27.19.png
Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 21.30.20.png

Māori city and palace styles seem based on the "wharenui", or the large meeting houses in a marae.

All those wharenui-looking buildings grouped together in a city kinda makes them look like actual marae.

Inca symbol + Palace.png

The Inca have their own unique Palace Style. It kinda reminds me of the look of the palace in the Emperor's New Groove.

Brazil, please! And change the city architecture while you’re at it!

Firaxis likes to treat Brazil as some Amerindian nation for some reason. Or maybe they just don't care to change the palace/city architecture. At least give them Spain's palace!

Firaxis likes to treat Brazil as some Amerindian nation for some reason. Or maybe they just don't care to change the palace/city architecture. At least give them Spain's palace!

The overall Brazil civ design suggests it was not one the dev team was overly interested in. Not worrying about their architecture style fits with that.

Even if they consider us Amerindian, there's no excuse to use the Aztec set when there's the Mapuche one that's much closer to what our natives had.

Can you update

Just noticed the OP was asking for Real Life inspirations on new castles… maybe it's worth to throw here a link for the old topic about R&F assets were also some of this info was in discussion

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/r-f-cultural-styles-preview-in-asset-editor.626947/

As far as I was able to find for that topic, in terms of the new palaces introduced in R&F.

Scotland -> Cawdor Castle
England -> Howard Castle
Spain -> Palacio de Aranjuez

Just noticed the OP was asking for Real Life inspirations on new castles… maybe it's worth to throw here a link for the old topic about R&F assets were also some of this info was in discussion

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/r-f-cultural-styles-preview-in-asset-editor.626947/

As far as I was able to find for that topic, in terms of the new palaces introduced in R&F.

Scotland -> Cawdor Castle
England -> Howard Castle
Spain -> Palacio de Aranjuez

And here I thought the English castle was based on St. Paul's Cathedral....silly me!

I hope Brazil gets a new a Palace, it's a glaring oversight.

Yes. Just as an example, the palace of Ilha fiscal (which already appears in Pedro's background) seems remarcable enough, easy to model (with outstanding relevant features such as the tower or even the palm trees which allow for easy identification), and perfectly fitting the colors of the current architecture, if you don't want to change it.

Spoiler :

Top Bottom