Civ Palace Architecture

Which palace is the best in terms of appearance?

• Kongo

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • America

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Aztec(Shared with Brasil)

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Egypt(Shared with Sumer)

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Japan

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • China

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • France(Shared with England, Norway, Germany,Russia)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Rome(Shared with Spain, Both Greeces, and Macedon)

Votes: 19 13.3%
  • India(Shared with Scythia,Arabia, Persia)

• Australia

• Poland

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Nubia

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Khmer(Shared with Indonesia)

Votes: 19 13.3%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Korea

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
Rome's palace reminds me of Civ 4 BTS's opening. I love Korea's because of the sleek roof and green color scheme. The fact that the lanterns glow green at night is an amazing touch. The only one I don't like is the mongolian palace. I wish the devs took such a detailed approach to other smaller features in the game like this. It's great to see your capital slowly progress through the ages, but it leaves me wanting more ways to make each game unique in terms of what my capital looks like. By the atomic era, it seems like every city is drowned out in skyscrapers with a futuristic theme, and everything loses its identity.

I like Tenochtichtlan and Xi'an best, probably followed by Mbanza Kongo. The European and European-derived capitals suffer from the buildings being poorly-proportioned to fit the hexes since the real buildings tend to be wider.

Shame they used the same capital model for the Khmer and Indonesia - Indonesia could have had something with the Trowulan Gate (not appropriate for Jakarta, but Angkor-style architecture is also completely inappropriate for Jakarta).

Shame they used the same capital model for the Khmer and Indonesia - Indonesia could have had something with the Trowulan Gate (not appropriate for Jakarta, but Angkor-style architecture is also completely inappropriate for Jakarta).
I think it would be appropriate since Majapahit (Trowulan) is the capital in the game and not Jakarta.

Norwegian Palace in Nidaros.png

Since No one posted a pic of it in this thread. Norway's Palace was also changed with Gathering Storm. So now only France uses that generic European palace. I wish Scythia and Persia got unique palaces now.

Also a lot of the City-State Palaces need to be fixed. Why is Babylon using the Mughal style? Why is Mexico City using an Aztec Pyramid when the Spanish razed Tenochtitlan to create their own buildings? Why is Nan Madol using a Chinese palace? Why is Muscat's Palace Mediterranean? Why does Rapa Nui have a Southeast Asian Palace? Fez and Granada have the same palace as ancient Egypt. I'm glad Buenos Aires now shares Brazil's Palace though.

Also a lot of the City-State Palaces need to be fixed. Why is Babylon using the Mughal style? Why is Mexico City using an Aztec Pyramid when the Spanish razed Tenochtitlan to create their own buildings? Why is Nan Madol using a Chinese palace? Why is Muscat's Palace Mediterranean? Why does Rapa Nui have a Southeast Asian Palace? Fez and Granada have the same palace as ancient Egypt. I'm glad Buenos Aires now shares Brazil's Palace though.
It bugged me along time ago that Hattusa's palace and city center had Mediterranean architecture like Rome and Greece. I guess Turkey=Mediterranean though that doesn't explain the Ottomans. I'm assuming it hasn't changed either.
I'm pretty sure Rapa Nui should use the Polynesian set because it came in GS with the Maori?

It bugged me along time ago that Hattusa's palace and city center had Mediterranean architecture like Rome and Greece. I guess Turkey=Mediterranean though that doesn't explain the Ottomans. I'm assuming it hasn't changed either.
I'm pretty sure Rapa Nui should use the Polynesian set because it came in GS with the Maori?

I think Hattusa would be better off using the same Palace as Sumeria, Phoenicia, or maybe even Egypt.
Rapa Nui isn't using the Maori Palace, when I last checked.
Rapa Nui as Ally.jpg

I think Hattusa would be better off using the same Palace as Sumeria, Phoenicia, or maybe even Egypt.
Rapa Nui isn't using the Maori Palace, when I last checked.
View attachment 561270
That is odd. They should use the Maori palace as it's the closest culturally....what palace is that? Looks SE Asian.

That is odd. They should use the Maori palace as it's the closest culturally....what palace is that? Looks SE Asian.

Same Palace Indonesia and the Khmer are using.

Nan Madol should also get the Maori Palace style. I remember when it, Seoul and Hong Kong (I think?) were using the generic European Palace at Civ6 launch. Now it's using a Chinese Palace.
Nan Madol classical-renaissance era.jpg

Back then
Nan Madol Industrial era.jpg

Now it's Chinese. If any City-State should share their palace with the Chinese, it should be Hong Kong, but they are using the same palace as Japan.

So - I know I'm late, but I'm out of fun working on listing each palace - as well as the pre-existing building(s) they are based on.

Can anyone help me with the following, wich are mssing ? :

- Is the Chinese palace inspired by the E-Pang palace?
- Portuguese palace?
- Gran Colombian palace?
- 'Iberian Meztiso'/Brazilian palace ?
- 'Mediterrane'/Roman/Greek/Macedon palace?
- Nubian palace?
- Phoenician palace?
- Southern African palace? (... probably something Hausa)
- Zulu palace ?
- Gaulish palace ? (... it looks more Irish, than Gaulish)
- 'FirstNation'/Cree palace
- Mapuche palace?

It is mentioned on the wiki page

Thank's for the reply, however the Wiki is sadly incomplete and not very accurate. For instance, it says that England's palace is only based on St. Paul's Cathedral, when it's obviously mainly based on Castle Howard in Yorkshire, only to some extend Buckingham and St. Paul's, in London

You can always try to look for the artists' work on these.
Nubian palace has the reference images appended to it: [...]

Thank's, I've been going through the concept art already - it seems like, many palaces are also re-used out of previously used models. For instance, the Malian palace seems to be based on the deafult Northern European palace as a model, however refurbished with elements inspired by various "Grand Mosques" in Mali, as well as the Univeristy of Sankore in Timbuktu.
The palaces of the Gaulish and Mapuche Civ, are also also refurbished out of one of the ancient themes (the roundish turf thingies), yet decorated with native vernecular elements.

Top Bottom