Civ V - One World Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem with that is that it wouldn't fit for every civilization.
I wouldn't suggest having unique policies for every civ, just for a couple civs like unique improvements are now.

Would also be great to have something implemented for Migration of Population. From one city to another, but also from one Civilization/city state to another.

I think that would be a really neat system.

Like when a city is starving, the population point moves rather than dies. Like during the Great Potato Famine, droves of Irish emigrated.

Then in the modern ages, the refrigerator technology would enable population to seek out the biggest commerce cities. But then again, that would be a HUGE structural change for the game.

(Las Vegas stands out in my mind. Such a city could never succeed in Civ without such a migration system.)

Would also be great to have something implemented for Migration of Population. From one city to another, but also from one Civilization/city state to another.

There is a mod for this. I'd downloaded it, but haven't tried it yet.

I've considered ideas of migration before. It would be an interesting mechanic to happiness, in that if you have significantly higher happiness than other empires, there is a transfer of population from one empire to another. Although I'm not sure how it could be implemented without being a completely broken mechanic. Not only do higher level AI have insane happiness bonuses, but I don't think the general audience would be pleased with the idea of losing population if their cities have low happiness.

I wish they would add more victory types.

I really only ever see myself going after Science online and MAYBE Culture once in a while. (I usually lose because Science is much easier to manage.)

Domination Victory is so hard online with most maps because of the seperation between civilizations. Usually somebody is already at the space race by the time you can take out most of the civilizations.

Diplomatic Victory is reasonable but very unpopular and I play ALOT of Civ 5 online and never see anyone go for it.

Culture is possible if you can keep up your Production, Remain Peaceful, and keep up in Science to get enough wonders.

Some of the victories I wish they would add are...

Religious Victory - Spread Your Religion to the point where every Civilization has atleast ONE city with your religion in it and 50% of the City States in the game must have your religion. Also, to limit the ability to do it before the Atomic Era, I think they should add a technology that you MUST adopt In Order to win. It could be like the Diplomatic Victory to where you must get to a technology and then you can win.

Economy Victory - Make $100,000 Gold and purchase a unique building which can be adopted in the Modern Era.

Maybe more... But this would help out the game in my opiniob.

Some of the victories I wish they would add are...

Religious Victory - Spread Your Religion to the point where every Civilization has atleast ONE city with your religion in it and 50% of the City States in the game must have your religion. Also, to limit the ability to do it before the Atomic Era, I think they should add a technology that you MUST adopt In Order to win. It could be like the Diplomatic Victory to where you must get to a technology and then you can win.

Economy Victory - Make $100,000 Gold and purchase a unique building which can be adopted in the Modern Era.

Happiness Victory - When you have accumulated 25000 (or some other reasonable number) total happiness points you can build the Infinite Comedy wonder. The problem here is of course the massive happiness bonuses the AIs are getting. Apart from spawning golden ages, any excessive happiness is now not very useful so (almost) noone (I think) ever worry about more than adequately happy civs.

When do we think an announcement will be made?

My guess is Thursday 14 Feb, so one more week... :)

They will want to have the market's attention. Thus I suspect it will be after VD Day. The 15th at the earliest. I think a Tuesday is most likely, so the 19th or 26th is best.

They will want to have the market's attention. Thus I suspect it will be after VD Day. The 15th at the earliest. I think a Tuesday is most likely, so the 19th or 26th is best.

What's VD Day?

Edit: oh Valentine's Day... uh oh... have to organise something, damn can't believe I got reminded about Valentine's Day at CivFanatics :blush:

Rather than Casus Beli I think what this games needs is war justification options. You should be able to recklessly declare war whenever you want.

Instead of simply asking a civ to go to war, you can state a justification for war and put out the diplomatic feelers to ALL civs for their opinions on it. (everyone with an embassy gives you a response) Then, when you declare war you know where you stand and some civs may jump in with you ( or in defense of the target civ ). Also, you can do away with the wait 10 turns dialogue, or being forced to DoW on the spot because the justification and diplomacy has been established and within a timeframe anyone who DoWs the reasons are understood.

"Quebec must be liberated from the Americans!" and they respond "You warmonger!" or "I agree, but I do not have the means to help you" etc...

"Japan must be crushed, they worship heathens!" ( religious war )
"England is becoming too powerful, someone must knock them down to size!"
"Mongolia is hording the worlds crab supply!" :lol:

etc...

Your spies can get wind if another civ is plotting against you ( similar to intrigue, but with more data)

Civs can have flavor about what makes them go to war ( some will jump at the chance at religious wars but never go to war for resources or vice versa )

Well, the name is "one world" so I suppose it will mean more diplomacy options, a more interactive UN (hopefully), city state interaction, and improved modern era. Technology tree expansion?????

I'd bet money the tech tree will be expanded, but seriously, they should add future era units if theyre gonna have a future era.

Has no one yet suggested that "one world" could be more about empire building, akin to say the European powers dominating the globe, rather than trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom