Civ V - One World Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That supposed "watch on March 7th" leak seems odd to me. The person created an account just to say that. Why?

Some people just get a kick out of knowing something that others don't, and sharing it. No need for fame or credit.

Of course, others also get a kick out of making random guesses just to see if they end up being correct.

9 hours, 49 minutes, 42 seconds plus some time for the information to trickle through (~5 minutes).

Where are you getting this from?

Someone with a throwaway account at the 2k forums said watch March 7th according to insider info. There is zero credibility to this statement, but it's the only statement we have right now.

I can't say that I fully buy it, but I'll be watching just like I have been every day since the Steam database leak.

Where are you getting this from?

Being hopeful more than anything else. If they do announce it, it's likely that they'd announce it at the same time of day that they announced Gods & Kings, meaning that if a Thursday announcement is to happen, it will likely be at 13:00 UTC (1 pm GMT), which is at this moment in time:

6 hours, 53 minutes, 44 seconds away!

The announcement is expected to be coming, in fact arguably late at this time, at least in comparison to the announcement and release of Gods & Kings, and being announced on a Thursday is consistent with their previous patterns, although it's not always the case.

Being hopeful more than anything else. If they do announce it, it's likely that they'd announce it at the same time of day that they announced Gods & Kings, meaning that if a Thursday announcement is to happen, it will likely be at 13:00 UTC (1 pm GMT), which is at this moment in time:

6 hours, 53 minutes, 44 seconds away!

The announcement is expected to be coming, in fact arguably late at this time, at least in comparison to the announcement and release of Gods & Kings, and being announced on a Thursday is consistent with their previous patterns, although it's not always the case.

I always laugh when I see your count-down. It never fails to remind me that I stay up way too late here in the States!

I always laugh when I see your count-down. It never fails to remind me that I stay up way too late here in the States!

It just clicked in my head that the count down was telling you that morning is under 7 hours away. Good luck with your day tomorrow morning, hopefully you'll wake up to some good Civ News!

Oh yes, wait a minute Mr Postman
Wait Mr Postman
Please Mr Postman look and see
If there's a letter in your bag for me
Why's it takin' such a long time
For me to hear from that expansion of mine

There must be some word today
From Firaxis so far away
Please Mr Postman look and see
If there's a letter, a letter for me.

I'm a bit cross with my postman at the moment, he's been giving me mail from two suburbs over. I don't even get how, the only similarity is the street number.

I... had a DREAM.. in that DREAM, I was in the News section of Steam, there.. I was... reading...patch notes? Appereantly we're getting a quest system for civs, so you can mark cities you gonna take over.. that's all I remember. There was a building that looks like Hagia Sophia/Taj Mahal (I think it was Indian) and it was supposedly giving Pottery but that was changed to Mining.

Judging from that.. maybe today is the day.

I... had a DREAM.. in that DREAM, I was in the News section of Steam, there.. I was... reading...patch notes? Appereantly we're getting a quest system for civs, so you can mark cities you gonna take over.. that's all I remember. There was a building that looks like Hagia Sophia/Taj Mahal (I think it was Indian) and it was supposedly giving Pottery but that was changed to Mining.

Judging from that.. maybe today is the day.

Yes, I've had Civ V dreams before too. Its a sign we play this damn game waaaaaay to much! :D :lol:

ಠ_ಠ

Grumble grumble

I'm actually getting aggrevated now.. I wish they would've said SOMETHING.

But it is only 1:41 P.M, something might still pop up, I think it's night in America anyways.

Relax, it's not even 3 pm GMT+1 yet, Firaxis and 2k are in the US where it's still early in the morning.

I'm actually getting aggrevated now.. I wish they would've said SOMETHING.

But it is only 1:41 P.M, something might still pop up, I think it's night in America anyways.

8:41 am on the 2k blog, there's all day for them to announce something, but I'm getting seriously annoyed at this point. We know it's coming, all they are doing now is annoying us, there is no more build up of anticipation, that peaked in mid February, at least for me and those I've talked to.

For reference sake, Beyond the Sword was announced around 7 pm GMT.

We know it's coming, all they are doing now is annoying us

Or, because marketing departments don't tend to annoy people for no reason, all they are doing is waiting until they either have something to announce, or have enough material to announce something with. It only seems like it should be now because it's a while since this thread was started, and this is the general time other expansions have been announced. But neither of those things are accurate indicators of how far along a development timeline Firaxis would be this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom