Civ V - One World Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New building boosting your City-State influence could be a good one. There was a Compilation topic for new additions (Buildings, Techs, Units, Terrain etc.) a long time ago. There was some good suggestions. I especially liked likes of Zoo, National Park, Oceanographic Institute and Ski Lodge. :)

So the great date of announcement? I'm guessing now it will be either Thursday 14th or 21st of this month.

What about airports? It seems like a large area of civilization with no representation in civ 5. then you can make it a natl. wonder and have an international airport that has diplomatic abilities.

I think the announcement will come a week before PAX east. That way they can build buzz about the conference.

Where did that dam and canal artwork come from!?
Is it extracted from in-game content or something?

That is actually a good question, because I neither see it in our image gallery for unused game art, nor do I see it on the webpages of the artists, who are linked in our info center.
So where does it come from?

What about airports? It seems like a large area of civilization with no representation in civ 5. then you can make it a natl. wonder and have an international airport that has diplomatic abilities.

I think the announcement will come a week before PAX east. That way they can build buzz about the conference.

Like the idea of Airport

You're not the only one. I'm ridiculously tired of "OMG I want Civ X in the game!" threads anyway. I'm much more interested to potential changes to the core game mechanics, as well as the AI.

I agree with you entirely. Personally, I am looking forward to the improved mechanics. If I want a civ, you can always get a user made civ.

There is one thing I do know for sure, I can not wait for Civ 5 Rhyes and Fall! I would rather have 2K help Rhye to accomplish that first, and then work on this expansion.

That is actually a good question, because I neither see it in our image gallery for unused game art, nor do I see it on the webpages of the artists, who are linked in our info center.
So where does it come from?

They've been in the files since we could access them, I just didn't upload them to the Unused art folder.

If there is an expansion centered around economics and diplomacy, I hope they bring the UN/Apostolic Palace elections back. It was fun to manipulate other nations into doing what you wanted, and force wars or peace treaties. I also oddly enjoyed clicking "Never! DEFY Resolution!" when the AIs passed something I didn't like.

There's a tip over at 2kForums that we will get "something" tomorrow Thursday the 7th. I dunno how reliable that info is... :confused:

I've given up on predictions... they'll announce it when they're good and ready...

If it is on the Thursday though, that would make the most sense, they tend to announce things on Thursdays, although that's not overly solid as it turns out. They announced Gods & Kings at 1 pm GMT, so if they do that again it'd be then again...

DAMN IT!

Oh Menzies, it is such a shame to see your confidence broken like this... :sad:
But don't worry, you are not alone! Other prophets, as Harold Camping or Nostradamus missed their dates, too. (Fortunately, in their cases... :D)

Seriously spoken, an announcement before the next bigger games fair (the PAX, IIRC) seems very likely. They will want to have some days/weeks in advance to make people (others than civfanatics ;) ) excited and curious about the upcoming expansion. Then, at the fair, they will enjoy the higher attention.

If it is on the Thursday though, that would make the most sense, they tend to announce things on Thursdays, although that's not overly solid as it turns out. They announced Gods & Kings at 1 pm GMT, so if they do that again it'd be then again...
Is pm at night or in the afternoon?

Is pm at night or in the afternoon?

...isn't pm the way people usually do it? I like 24 hour time, but people don't seem to use it that much, or is it becoming more popular these days?

1 pm GMT on Thursday is, in 24 hour time:

13:00 Thursday for GMT/UTC
0:00 Friday in Sydney
21:00 Thursday in Beijing
17:00 Thursday in Dubai
13:00 Thursday in London
8:00 Thursday in New York
5:00 Thursday in Los Angeles

...isn't pm the way people usually do it? I like 24 hour time, but people don't seem to use it that much, or is it becoming more popular these days?

AM/PM is one of those stubborn anglo-saxon habits of doing things in a just slightly awkward way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom