1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ V - One World Speculation Thread!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Aaron90495, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahawk

ahawk King

I've heard from reliable sources that the waiting is the hardest part. And yes, I do get all my life advice from Tom Petty.

2. Heinage

Heinage Khan

Last night I saw a mickey mouse shaped cloud drift by my apartment. I took this as an omen, so cast my Oracle Bones...

3. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

WHAT DID THEY SAY?!?!

If it is proved true you may become the first named Great Prophet :king:

4. Heinage

Heinage Khan

"An eagerly anticipated announcement may be expected by the second of Kay before the Eagle emerges from the depths"

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Well, it's after 5pm on the east coast where Firaxis is. Better luck next week.

6. Zango

Zango Chieftain

HL3 confirmed for E3 this year.

7. Vamphaery

Vamphaery Chieftain

You take it on faith. You take it to the heart.

8. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

9. Eagle Pursuit

And it involves the Civ 5 development team.

"this panel takes a look behind the curtain at Firaxis Games with the development teams responsible for the critically acclaimed XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Civilization franchise"

Sounds promising.

10. VenGyr

VenGyr Chieftain

There also seems to have been some technical updates.

http://steamdb.info/app/221522/
    http://steamdb.info/app/221523/

(That is what you get when you click on the old One World entries, was changed yesterday).

There is also reference to Civ V - Frankenstein - by googling i found out this is a group of voluntary testers, where one of the members is (or was?) madjinn for example.

11. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

No info on the two links, they're onto us, RUN!

12. Eagle Pursuit

Yup. It looks like Madjinn & co are testing it now. And don't bother trying to get info out of that guy. I totally offered him like $.34 and half my candy bar, and he said "no way". The man is untouchable like Eliot Ness.

13. Liex

Liex King

Dude, you should have offered him the whole candy bar, I doubt he's that incorruptible.

2 more weeks, let's go.

14. Shadow717

Shadow717 Warlord

Hmm, anyone think we could see the return of Civ3 Conquest tile improvments? I'd love to see them back, especially the airfields. If I remember correctly there were also Radar sites, and also outposts which provided far reaching LOS and could be placed out of your territory. It wasn't a very big feature but I actually really liked it.

Maybe if airfields got reintroduced there could be a limit on the amount of aircraft that could be stationed on one tile? That might be interestting.

15. anandus

anandus Errorist

Airfields would be nice, and a no-stack option for airplanes too.
    And I'd like the colony option from Civ3 too.

16. Shadow717

Shadow717 Warlord

Yeah I guess the colony option could come back, although personally playing civ5 I feel like its not as necessary as it was in Civ3. Still no reason not to bring it back I suppose if all the others come back too. Wonder if there is anything similar that could be added? Besides the much desired and discussed canal of course

17. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Actually, there's a good reason to have "colnoies" a la Civ 3, connect Strategic and Luxury items to your trade network (i.e ability to use that strategic resources and gain happines from having Luxury items) the only useless ones are Bonus resources.

I disagree with "no stack" airplanes, seriously, a single airplane on a single tile? Bad bad bad bad bad idea. I would say increase upkeep cost to balance the number of possible planes, or just limit the amount of planes in a single stack. but no removing stacknig abilities for planes.

18. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

If it were one plane per tile i'd say they have to be produced in squadrons and all planes start with logistics, or something to that effect.

19. Matthew.

Matthew. Deity

I don't mind unlimited stacked airplanes. If you have the oil/aluminum for that many planes, then you won the game either way.

I see the late game techs at purposely designed to end the game quickly. For example: You finish all the spaceship techs you win science shortly after. You build UN while securing enough CS's you win diplo shortly after. For military, if you get to the later techs and secure the right resources, you should win shortly after. Bomber stacks, nukes, and 3+ range naval achieve this.

But they should add airports. Have the ability to transfer ground troops from one airport to another; it would make cross-continental warfare much better in late-game. If it needs to be limited at first, just change how far you can transfer per air tech, somewhat how each improved airplane can go farther out on bombing missions.

20. Shadow717

Shadow717 Warlord

What I meant by saying i'm not sure colonies are necessary, is that I usually don't have a problem getting a resource in my borders expect for OCC games. In civ3 I found it a much more frequent need, sorry for the confusion. I would certainly welcome it back, its just that I don't see it getting much use.

As for airfields and airplane stacks I certainly didn't mean 1 plane per tile, that would be plain simple stupid haha! I meant a limitied stack size, like the aircraft carries already have. Maybe 3-6 planes a tile?

edit: AIRPORTS! of course, how could I forget. We seriously need airports back! It's a little stupid that we can't get a traderoute to landlocked cities on another continent from our capital in the later eras. I also would like to see the airdrop drop function of helicopters and airports from civ 3 back.

While on the topic of airdrops, maybe bring back a modern paratrooper unit too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.