1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ V - One World Speculation Thread!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Aaron90495, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

About Colonies, you're right, I don't think there's any issue, you can pretty much afford settling a new city if you're low on happiness because the new luxury resource pretty much guarantees you you'll get enough happiness to settle a new city without going into unhappiness.

2. Heinage

Heinage Khan

If Firaxis were going to showcase a new expansion at pax, would they need to make at least some noise before the expo to generate interest?

EDIT: or is E3 more likely?

3. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

There was something at the 2K forums about a Firaxis presence at a gaming convention, but I can't remember the exact specifics of it

4. geolawyerman

geolawyerman Chieftain

It also said that there would be designers from the Civilization series there.

5. Heinage

Heinage Khan

What I mean is... wouldn't they have to already announce an expansion prior to the expo in order to generate interest?

6. Liex

Liex King

Maybe threads like this are "noisy" enough, but I get your point. I guess they could give us some hints on the "big reveals and announcements" before March 23, but I wouldn't expect much.

What if nothing is announced at Pax (besides XCOM stuff and "behind the scenes" slipslop)? What should we do? Can we close the thread to pretend we don't care anymore so they feel compelled to reveal something solid?

7. Pouakai

*In Firaxis HQ*

"Nope, guys. They've had enough. Shut'er down."

*Machine writing expansion disks and whole Civ sector shuts down*

8. Heinage

Heinage Khan

:cry:

9. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Emperor

I will be at PAX on Sunday the 24th. I will do my best to hunt down any Civ info.

10. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Bring your home waterboarding kit and thumbscrews. We want details!

11. anandus

anandus Errorist

Don't forget your raincoat and a newspaper with two eye-holes! :D

12. Zango

Zango Chieftain

Off-topic, but, connecting a coastal city that has a trade route to the capital to an inland city with a road/railroad will also connect the inland city to the Capital.

13. Pouakai

I came to the series with IV, could someone explain how this worked to me?

14. Haig

Haig Deity

In normal circumstances, if a game is announced at the time of PAX, how long will it take after that to be released?

15. MARDUK80

MARDUK80 Prince

I haven't played Civ III probably since 2004 and reading through that page now reminded about the combat elements it had that I really liked like; Armies, Draft and Mobilization. :)

16. Shadow717

Shadow717 Warlord

Right, but that requires having a coastal city on the second landmass. I talking about having ONLY landlocked cities on that second landmass.

17. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

A way of flying units between cities, a la Civ IV's airports wouldn't go amiss. It'd take some tweaking to make it useful with 1upt, but it'd sure beat shipping/walking your armies across continents in the modern era.

18. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

:confused:

I think, airlifts would be way more useful with 1UPT than with stacks. Even in Civ4, you could airlift only one unit per turn. To move an entire stack took several turns or multiple airports and was a terrible chore.

Single units are way more powerful in Civ5 than they were in Civ4. Airlifting even one of them to it's destination has a way higher impact in consequence.
    If at all, airlifting should be limited in Civ5. For example with the necessity of an airport at both participating cities.

19. Biologist

Biologist Researcher

Allowing the airport to drop your units anywhere within 1 tile of one of your cities would probably work, especially if you could move multiple units through the airport in a turn.

20. Sake

Sake Warlord

Wouldn't that make paratroopers useless? IMO they already are almost useless in G&K, as their only advantage is moving fast using paradrop ability, but they are weaker than infrantly. If regular infrantly could use airdrop, it makes whole unit piece of garbage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.