Civ3MultiTool - Now at Civfanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what it is now. I forgot to edit that file when I renamed the EXE to C3CT.

edit the bat to be
Code:
@C3CT /sge

Gramphos,

Do you think it is possible to change the info in a savegame so that the player can control another Civ instead of the one he is playing?

There must be a byte in the savegame file somewhere saying which Civ is control by AI and which is control by human right?

Just a thought :king:

I've been investigating that, but it has not yet come to any results, and right now I have loads of work for School. won't be partly free until Monday :(

This version can generate CPT-files. (sort of)

It doesn't place any civs in them, but it calculates the sight. (one of the most time requiring thing of making a CPF)
It still needs some work, but I don't have time for that right now, and as I don't have the game I can't check why one tile for Zululand on Marla's maps gets out of sight that should be in sight (according to my handmade CPF (but it might be incorrect)). Now I use only what I remembered about sight for this as I was by a computer without Civ3 for making it. If you figure out any other Sight calculation errors, please report them. When you do so, can you attach a zip with one screenshot of the correct sight and one of the incorrect (calculated) sight.

This version is not tested at all, but as far as I remember I didn't change anything. Oh, and by the way. I forgot to update the readme, so I'll not update the first post for this one.

Or even worse... I'm might be at a too old Cmputer to attach files using IE (3.0) and I can't log in with Netscape

Okay I know how to do this now. Some one download the latest version from Apolyton, and post here. Then I'll post it agin when I have a better browser, and the one that posted the temporary version deletes it (I want to be able to control when a version is deleted.)

Heya Gramphos,

Sorry to keep buggin' ya,

Okay dumb question time, I am using the latest version of your program and getting a mismatch error (using .80 I think, the last tested one).

I am guessing it is a patch thing, what version of the patch is the latest copytool set up for?

The reason for this question is I reinstalled all of my game/components a couple of weeks ago, went and got the patch from the Civ3 site, but then couldn't find the 'no show moves' button on preferences, so I reinstalled, used the copy of the patch I had previously (before the reinstallation) and my 'no show moves' button was back. I'm wondering if there are 2 versions of the patch, or if I'm just a moron, now granted both are possible, but I iz confused, flustered n stuff. Thanks in advance for any help you can throw at me.

Originally posted by Gramphos

Strange. It should show just if the right icon exists :confused:

Hi again, (geez I'm feeling like a goober here)

Ignore the last post, I got it working, I have no idea what I did when I reinstalled before, I re-reinstalled, did the patch, and things worked fine without an error message, so I'll write it down to gremlins...nicer way of saying I'm that dumb.

okay back to not being able to see the large_building icon in the to-build window. Still having the trouble, (with the installs etc)

I didn't touch the copied icons at the bottom of Large_buildings, I did rename the new improvements in the civeditor, dunno if this is causing a problem? I noticed there were numbers/names at the left side of the graphics, but I had been writing that off to simple bookmarking to keep things straight. Do those have to be changed for some reason?

Believe it or not, I really am smarter than this, but I can't figger for the life of my dog why it isn't working. Any advice is good advice at this point...assuming the advice doesn't taking my head out of my backside, cuz, well it's winter and I try to keep it there to keep it warm n stuff :)

Originally posted by micmc_atl_ga
okay back to not being able to see the large_building icon in the to-build window. Still having the trouble, (with the installs etc)

I didn't touch the copied icons at the bottom of Large_buildings, I did rename the new improvements in the civeditor, dunno if this is causing a problem? I noticed there were numbers/names at the left side of the graphics, but I had been writing that off to simple bookmarking to keep things straight. Do those have to be changed for some reason?
Can you zip together the buildings pcx files with the bic and attach it?

Oh, and by the way. I recomend the untested version for BIC editing. I've made some changes to the BIC I/O since the last fully tested one. I'll try to move up the tested versions a bit, but I might have some problems with the city editting.

Here is v0.82.1
out after 12 downloads

The frst thing about your bic is that it has a map in it. Only water, which might cause the game to crash.

The Sight calculation has been fixed to not stop at hills if there is a mountain behind.

12 downloads

- A Unit Organizer has been added. Now you can move the units in the BICs.
- An option to not automaticly save the BIC at copy added. (Don't ask me why)

If I get a minimum of 20 downloads (sum of here and at Apolyton)of this version before Monday I'll make it a tested version unless bugs are reported.

2 downloads

- Bug with the Unit Organizer fixed. if oyu moved a unit with the last version move it back before upgrading or restore the Upgrade to fields by hand.

44 downlods

I dont supose it would be possible to add more Eras with this tool?

Originally posted by Joben
I dont supose it would be possible to add more Eras with this tool?
No, it didn't work with the game at an early state of testing (before I had the game myself), so it is disabled. If anyone finds out a way to do it...

I've flagged it as tested. There is no difference from the untested version, other then then message that it hasn't been tested is gone, so you don't have to download this if you already have the untested version.

I've also sent a full install to Thunderfall.

91 downloads

Hi Gramphos,

with your tool, as soon as I copy a civilization, The game crashes when I load the scenario .

I tried it right after reinstalling the whole game, applying the official 1.16f patch, and change for the Hacked civ editor.

So I now have the original BIC file I didn't make any changes on it.

Is it a Problem with Windows XP?

Let me know

Thanks!

No, it is a problem with the game. When it crashes on the setup you have the same Civilopedia Entry. However, there is no need for you to try it any way, as there is no way to specify the images for the foreign advisor, and the game will crash if you go there.

So, what's the point of having the feature to copy a civilization if you can't even use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom