Civ4 Warlords Info Center

Anybody know how I can get EARTH1000AD scenario to work with Warlords? Short of that, anyone know how I could at least get at the map in Warlords World Builder?

Poly

Bringen sie mir Fegelein!
FEGELEIN!
FEGELEIN!
FEGELEIN!

I'm possibly got screwy eyes after too much civing around....

I still can't find any exact list of tweaks that Warlords has made to the core of the original civ4 patch 1.61. Can't find it in the info centre. Can't find it in the readme that came with the game. Can't find it on the official site. What's going on? Warlords does actually patch civ4 in away doesn't it!?

If the list doesn't exist, could one be compiled on the Warlord info centre?

The reason I asked is that in Warlords, I captured a size 1 barbarian city with a chariot that had a fortified axeman in it and I had to cross a river. Firstly I was amazed that I succeeded and secondly I thought you could only raze not capture size 1 cities?

Thanks.

I would also like to see a list of the little tweaks and changes. Also where has the thrust of warlords discussion been shifted to? I can't seem to find it. :p Isn't the new GG brilliant for testing promotions in world builder? And I have a question: I understand building gold and science is now more powerful in WL, could someone confirm this and say how it has changed?

Watiggi said:
Oh ok. I will have to keep an eye on that. It does still get multiplied though, doesn't it? For instance, if an Imperialistic leader chops a settler, the production from the chop still gets increased +50%?

Yes.

The exploit fixed is: produce-things-during-anarchy exploit... all this chops during anarchy are added when the anarchy is finished...

pixiejmcc said:
.... And I have a question: I understand building gold and science is now more powerful in WL, could someone confirm this and say how it has changed?
Building gold/science/culture is now 100% (not 50%) of your hammers, multiplied by any PRODUCTION enhancing buildings, but NOT affected by any of your gold/science/culture enhancing buildings. :eek:

So, for great gold production, best to do it in your ironworks city with factory & power, NOT in your wall street.

The Warlords Info Center has been updated. :)

There are lots of changes, including: civilization flags for civs table, unique building icons for the UB table, new table for unique unit details, wallpapers and reviews sections, and improved article navigation.

Most importantly, all the info in there (except the scenarios info) have been verified with the release version of Warlords. :)

Jaybe said:
Building gold/science/culture is now 100% (not 50%) of your hammers, multiplied by any PRODUCTION enhancing buildings, but NOT affected by any of your gold/science/culture enhancing buildings. :eek:

So, for great gold production, best to do it in your ironworks city with factory & power, NOT in your wall street.
Hmm. Not necesarily so. I cannot wrap my head around it yet, but commerce (which would become gold in this case) would be more common than hammers. Iow, you would be able to amass a lot of base commerce and multiply that than it would to amass an equivalent number of hammers and multiply that with the Iron Works.

This does raise an interesting game dynamic for workshop focused State Property empires though. I might have to revisit that kind of empire again... The fact that it is multiplied it good. That would mean that the Japanese Shale Plants can produce 10% more gold, culture or research :)

I have Civ IV, I patched it with the most recent (1.6x) patch, and then installed Warlords. I cannot play the Turks. I cannot even play with the Turks - the minute I encounter them the game crashes.

Anyone else run into this? Anyone have any ideas?

Gherald said:
Thunderfall, the Mall replaces Supermarket.

The Mall, Mint, and Stock exchange add +% GOLD, not commerce.
Thanks. It's corrected now.

I've been trying to figure out how combat experience and the Great General counter work. So far I see that fighting barbarians has no effect. The next thing I'm wondering is - if you have the leadership promotion on a unit and it gets more experience than usual from combat, does this extra experience count towards the next great leader?

It might just be because I've screwed up the installation but I can't have any free games on Warlords. I can only play the scenarios. Any help?

jtoc72 said:
I have Civ IV, I patched it with the most recent (1.6x) patch, and then installed Warlords. I cannot play the Turks. I cannot even play with the Turks - the minute I encounter them the game crashes.

Anyone else run into this? Anyone have any ideas?
I have same problem with 1 civ (will confirm whether or not it was the turks), any contact causes the system to crash.

Did you ever resolve the problem?

Playing as Spain, I got ready to destroy the English. Status closed borders. However, about 5 turns before attacking, my units were suddenly able to travel within England even though I had not set up an open border agreement. When I finally declared War on England, my units still had free movement in English space and I could not attack anything. My units just entered the cities as if it were peace time. The relationship icon clearly had Spain and England at war. Anyone else seen this?

I have just installed warlords and whenever I encounter a specific civ the game crashes. I don't know which one it is but it's dark green (Arabs?). REALLY annoying! Any one any ideas? Tried reinstalling the whole game but to no avail. Will it work if I delay encountering them?

Top Bottom