Resource icon

CIV6 GS, <Players> and <PlayerItems> XML ONLY, add compatibility automatically (for multiple mods!) V1.2

raen

Coat of Arms
raen submitted a new resource:

CIV6 GS add compatibility in modinfo - Only makes compatible after GS expansion

Code:
<CompatibleVersions>2.0</CompatibleVersions>

A little tool to add the tag above to mods modinfo file, to make mods compatible with Gathering Storm expansion.

It only adds the code line to properties if not existent and you can add this to multiple modinfo files (see point B. bellow)

Disclaimer: Does not solve possible problems with changes in this version, only makes any mod compatible with GS.

How to Use:

A. Extract and add to modbuddy:
View attachment 518778...

Read more about this resource...

Also works for non modders or outside modbuddy, you just have to add the full path(s) of modinfo file(s) to the ModinfoPaths.txt file, and then run the executable. It's pretty fast also.

Last edited:
You are welcome, thanks :)

I believe with R&F expansion there were many problems with mods because of some modifications, now making it incompatible with GS leaves the default of expansion to run. But they could give a way to do it with modbuddy, I believe they will with time...

Additionally, with GS all my main mods gave an error (some little things changed with GS...), so making it compatible then I could solve the problems! Because incompatible make the game ignore mod.

Last edited:
Faulting Application Path: C:\Users\6C1\OneDrive\Desktop\AddCompatibilityCiv6\AddCompatibilityCiv6\ConsoleXMLCiv6.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ConsoleXMLCiv6.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 5c707580
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.7.2556.0
Problem Signature 06: 59b83409
Problem Signature 07: 190c
Problem Signature 08: 26
Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 6153
Additional Information 1: 2beb
Additional Information 2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3: 3ad0
Additional Information 4: 3ad0e9f4486e91d86927e4a71227ee49

Files that help describe the problem
WERInternalMetadata.xml

Does anybody know how to fix this? Thx in advance

Sorry, I might just be an idiot on this, but when installing, I can't figure out what I need to put in the "Initial Directory" line in the external tools menu.

When I try to run the tool, I just get a string of error messages including a file called ModinfoPaths.txt in the Civ6 directory not being found.

Hi, not a problem.

You have to unpack the download to whatever folder you want, imagine "c:\mydownloadedmods\AddCompatibilityCiv6", and that one is what you need to initial directory in modbuddy external tools.
Also in external tools, you add command (like in the example above): "c:\mydownloadedmods\AddCompatibilityCiv6\ConsoleXMLCiv6.exe"
The title is indifferent, is up to you.
But before you run you have to edit ModinfoPaths.txt (also present in same unpacked directory "c:\mydownloadedmods\AddCompatibilityCiv6") and add the path to your modinfo (you can add as many lines you want corresponding to many modinfo files)

Does this help? Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Hello :)

I have a bunch of new civs (from Gedemo here) wich are not compatible GS nor shown in the leaders menu.
So I tried to make them compatible (and it worked fine, now the game says they're fine), but I still Don't have them in the GS leaders selection. Only in R&F rules.

Do you maybe know where the problem is, or if there is a direct GS version maybe ?
Or what can I do to make them selectable in GS ?

Thx :)
This tool is juste so nice...

Hi, you now have to alter some mod file(s), you need to look for Expansion1 in players (including players items) config and duplicate that for Expansion2.

By the way, many thanks for your comments about the tool.

Last edited:
Haha, thx for your reply, that's already beyond what I can understand :p
I guess I'll just stick with R&F for these civs and wait to see if Gedemo gimself will update them in the future.

Oh? I dl'd them directly from steam so I believed there was no thing like an update.

I'll go check it out

Edit :

And I'm such a dumb fag.
I only looked at the first page of his thread

Thank you lol

Update from Firaxis already has this option in modbuddy:
upload_2019-4-7_22-8-35.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-7_22-8-15.png
    upload_2019-4-7_22-8-15.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 189
raen updated CIV6 GS add compatibility automatically (for multiple mods!) with a new update entry:

CIV6 R&F and GS add compatibility automatically (for multiple mods/files!)

As I posted before this update, we can now add compatibility onetime shot in modbuddy. Nevertheless, I maintain the compatibility adding to modinfo, for you to use. If you don't want to use at all you now can delete ModinfoPaths.txt, and will not bother anymore.

But I add a new feature, I am tired of triplicating <Players> and <PlayerItems> for selection screen expansion compatibility of your modded CIVS. And when I make a modification in a little thing here we go again... So now you can...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom