Civ6 Live stream in 12 mn (3PM EST)

"Slip up." Could be that he'll intentionally reveal a small new nugget of info today to keep us sad obsessives frothing at the bit. Otherwise ever interview he gave would have been redundant after the first one. Redundant interviews = less sad obsessives watching = lower perceived interest = less money being thrown around by publishers.

These interviews are not about stringing along the obsessive long-time fans. They are trying to interest new customers. So there is no harm for them in sticking to the message from one interview to the next. Each interview goes to a slightly different media market.

Edit:
Additionally, I suspect we will see some conventional game journalism articles with exclusive new information shortly after E3. I seem to recall something like that happening at a past show. Game magazines love exclusives. They wouldn't want to ruin that agreement by showing too much new stuff in the "show to everybody" video.

I must say I was expecting more info on new civs, or at the very least Japan's leaderscreen.

Is there a version of the footage where you can hear the music or Cleopatra's voice?

The Venetian Arsenal wonder seems quite strong. Literally two naval units for the price of one, all game. I hope other wonders are this potent, the Beyond Earth wonders were lame.

I don't think we can accurately ascertain potency until we play it. It's not that useful if naval units aren't worth having en masse.

...the Beyond Earth wonders were lame.

What? You're saying you don't like +2 Production per turn for the reasonable price of 1000 Production? :lol:

Those wonders (and the Sponsors' UAs) weren't just weak: they were completely uninspired.

The Venetian Arsenal wonder seems quite strong. Literally two naval units for the price of one, all game. I hope other wonders are this potent, the Beyond Earth wonders were lame.

Wow, can you imagine Civ V England with that and Ship of the Line? Almost disgusting to think about haha

And it wasn't even that all cities gets +2 production, it was just the city that built the wonder that got the bonus! :eek:

You'd think a health insurance company designed the game.

Not the first time this has happened during this E3. Having to swap with Todd Howard had to be the most "exciting" schedule error since it was early rather than late. :lol:

Not much new in the interview... but something I had noticed earlier

Warrior
10 str +5 str v. spear/pike

Pike
?? str + 10 str v. melee

not % bonuses but flat str bonuses

(so it will be particularly significant if there is another source of % bonuses)

Top Bottom