• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

CivCity 4: A One-City-Challenge Interactive Game

As minister of work ( which I am guessing I am since you wrote "General/minister of work" ), I propose that 2 warrior divisions be raised, during which time the city of Athens must grow to size 2. Once it has reached that size start training two worker groups in queue.

It seems you may request the training of units, but not buildings, these would be part of my responsibility. In the case that the leader decides what to do, this might work, as we may propose different building/training schedules.

I'll propose another course of action for training, and I'll also ask the Leader to change our roles in a specific point: I should be able to suggest the training of worker and workboat units, which are related to my role as Minister of Work. I think the general might be allowed to ask for workers too (battle engineers), but it's imperative that the Minister of Work can ask for these.

So my suggestion is:
Start off by building a workboat. We have a Crab nearby that's our only food resource, we need it asap. We started with Fishing, so we can build workboat from start. Our borders will grow soon to get it too.
For further build/training I abstain. I agree with the general's training plan, if it's put after the work boat.

Assign the citizens to work the Stone for now. As soon as the Crab is available change to it.

Spoiler :
Hardcore Civ:
I guess the workboat will be complete before the border expansion. If so, move it to the tile 1N1W of Athens, which is 1S of the Crab and wait there. On the turn that the borders grow, send it to work the Crab. This way we don't lose 1 more turn without the crab improvement

*Also, it seems I can't open your savegame, which version of LoR are you using?

I downloaded the regular mod, not the SVN.

The general idea is that when it comes to deciding production, if it is military, the responsibility goes to the General, otherwise to the minister of work. Ideally, the two will work out what sort of thing to build.

That being said, I will build a work boat first then a warrior.

I keep forgetting. Then send them south towards the pigs to see if there are tribal villages. Scout the area for 4-5 turns get a general idea about the shape of the land, then go north of our city this time. I want our immediate surroundings in all directions (north, east and south) scouted.

Agriculture then mysticism

Well I've been having second thoughts. How likely would it be that we could get a religion?

Well I've been having second thoughts. How likely would it be that we could get a religion?

My question is what we need agriculture for without a worker on the build queue. Usually in an OCC I initially go for the oracle and bulb Alphabet.

I haven't played early civ ages in so long, which one has the oracle?

I haven't played early civ ages in so long, which one has the oracle?

Priesthood.

I usually go Mysticism -> (Masonry if we have Marble) -> Meditation -> Priesthood -> Writing (prerequisite for Alphabet).

There are plenty of other good techs to bulb as well.

I'm going to stick to my original plan.

We have Marble and Stone, we should make wonders, don't you think aiming at Masonry first would be a nice thing? Then we would be able to build almost all early wonders with double :hammers:

Just an idea :mischief:

So for work, I am going to go with the Minister of Work's suggestion that we build a work boat then a warrior, and work the suggested tiles.

I'm going to go with the Minister of Exploration's suggestion of scouting the perimeter.

For technology, I am going to override the suggested tech path and beeline for the Oracle. I don't want to make a precedent of this, but getting the Oracle, then tech trading for everything else (while keeping Alphabet) is so essential to not lagging behind in tech during the early game. Again, I don't want to and won't do this very often, but I consider the beelining of Oracle that important (also, why do we want agriculture if our work plans don't include a worker?).

With that being said, I will play out and post the first term soon.

Hey! I was going to beeline oracle anyways! I just wanted agriculture first! This is a load of hooey.

Because I assume at some point we're going to get a worker so we will need to be able to build farms. Beelining to oracle will take a while.

Top Bottom