CivCon 09

DanQ - thanks for the invite - had a really good time participating in a polycast.
You're welcome, and thank you for being apart of it. :)

Well, I didn't actually say 'why' but the reason my Civ4 experience is now complete... I totally don't know what to do with myself now!
:D

Go to Civcon and meet Sid?
:goodjob:

Just bought non-stop airfare. Arrive 9:14 AM friday, depart 5:54 PM Sunday.
:cool:

any chance of getting tv coverage on some gaming channel or something or uploading a video of the action to youtube at least?

Now I know there was a hidden reason which made me move from NYC to Rockville, MD.
Count me in guys, yup, I'll be there for sure. But don't tell to my girlfriend where is it, she hates Civ as it is:lol:

[KC]Bantams;7683681 said:
any chance of getting tv coverage on some gaming channel or something or uploading a video of the action to youtube at least?
It will greatly depend on if someone is, or perhaps more fittingly someones are, willing and able to volunteer to digitally record the event.

If that's you and/or anyone else reading this, please PM me as soon as possible to this effect.

Now I know there was a hidden reason which made me move from NYC to Rockville, MD.
Count me in guys, yup, I'll be there for sure.
:)

But don't tell to my girlfriend where is it, she hates Civ as it is:lol:
:D

Wow!! I can't wait to go! We pass by that area every time we go to visit our families.

Any guesses on how much it will cost? Like $25-$50 or $100-$200?

First off, apologies for this notably delayed reply. :o:blush:

Wow!! I can't wait to go! We pass by that area every time we go to visit our families.
:king:

Any guesses on how much it will cost? Like $25-$50 or $100-$200?
Unfortunately we cannot at this time as the event's timetable, options and possible sponsorships are still in flux. We are, of course, working to keep it to a minimum.

This is actually only about an hour away from my house - if nothing else, I may have to come check it out for a day.

Are costumes (circa other conventions) welcome or discouraged? I want to dress up like Julius and my fiancee wants to go as Napoleon :D

That sounds like a lot of fun. I can't set anything in stone, but pencil me in as a "yes."

This is actually only about an hour away from my house - if nothing else, I may have to come check it out for a day.

Are costumes (circa other conventions) welcome or discouraged? I want to dress up like Julius and my fiancee wants to go as Napoleon :D
That's a good question. I will raise it with the Committee for a definitive answer (I'm only an adviser to them), but I have a strong feeling that they won't be discouraged. :D

That's a good question. I will raise it with the Committee for a definitive answer (I'm only an adviser to them), but I have a strong feeling that they won't be discouraged. :D

That sounds like an excellent title : Advisor to The Comimittee For a Definitive Answer:lol:

That sounds like an excellent title : Advisor to The Comimittee For a Definitive Answer:lol:
:lol:

My title is Administrative Liaison (to the Apolyton community). Moreover though, I led the committee of the first Civ convention in '06, so my word is good for something. :p

Can we get a little more info? Costs associated with it? General schedule of the days? I need more info before I can decide one way or the other, and before I try to ask for days off work or not.

"Direct from Baltimore.... It's Plastercast! " :cheers:
:woohoo:

:lol:

Can we get a little more info? Costs associated with it? General schedule of the days? I need more info before I can decide one way or the other, and before I try to ask for days off work or not.
I am hopeful that the Committee will be able to provide some more specifics in the coming weeks, but much is still being ironed out in those respects.

Ah, me. While I'd love to see you (and any Firaxians in attendance) again, Dan, it looks like it's not to be. Finances just aren't solid enough to do it. (Heck, I couldn't have made the CivRev trip if 2K hadn't picked up the tab.)

I'll be with you all in spirit, though!

Ah, me. While I'd love to see you (and any Firaxians in attendance) again, Dan, it looks like it's not to be. Finances just aren't solid enough to do it.
Ah shout. :(

I'll be with you all in spirit, though!

quite interested and just a hop down I95.

Reminds me of something my father used to say. "There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately, it's New Jersey". :)

Top Bottom