1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CivCon 09

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Methos, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Grifftavian

Grifftavian Emperor

Less than three months to kickoff, and still no word on the registration cost:commerce::commerce::commerce::commerce:

2. Rusty Edge

Rusty Edge Deity

Catch #22- The compulsive planners that are drawn to this game can't complete their plans to attend without knowing what it costs. The comittee can't know what it will cost indvduals without an idea of how many people will be sharing the fixed costs... :hammer2: I'm glad this one is not my headache.

I'm going anyway, but it's hard to recruit without hard numbers...

Could we have them 60 days out?

3. DanQ

DanQ Deity

Grifftavian, Rusty and others, I'm hoping that a member of the Committee will be able to given you a definitive answer shortly. (I'm only an adviser.)

4. Rusty Edge

Rusty Edge Deity

Doesn't matter to me, personally, I'm in. If I say, "Will I see you there?" then it follows with "when is it and how much does it cost?"...if I say "I don't know" then it will be answered by "Me, either". Meanwhile, airtravel could be going up with the cost of petroleum and calenders are filling up. Maybe if we could delay researching those two techs they'd be a non-issue....;)

5. tariqari

tariqari Warlord

I would love to go to this. I clicked the link but its just a hotel page. When will the registration be up?

6. Rusty Edge

Rusty Edge Deity

Did you see the itinerary at the Apolyton site?

7. KMadCandy

KMadCandy giggling permanoob

*giggle* if only RL worked like civ that way...

i do hope to go, and i'd be driving not flying so the date the cost info comes in a bit more flexible for me than some, since i don't have to buy plane tickets. but the registration cost is a definite factor, and i haven't registered at the hotel or officially said here that i'm in because i don't know yet. when i first heard about it i hoped i could stay with my in-laws and just drive to the hotel each day, but they're actually a couple hours away not as close as i thought. /sigh huge map size and my terrible knowledge of geography, gets me every time!

8. Rusty Edge

Rusty Edge Deity

OK, delay researching flight and calenders, reboot on standard map and we're good to go.... while I'm at it I think I'll go into LifeBuilder and delete those bears before they can maul my retirement accounts.:lol:

It's great to see you on the forum again!

9. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

ditto that times a very big bit.

10. AfterShafter

AfterShafter Deity

Jeez, can't you guys hold it somewhere near Washington State? Sid can afford plane tickets, but I sure as heck can't ;)

11. Rusty Edge

Rusty Edge Deity

She says it's time to repeat her quote " for people that practice running the world every day, you're not very well organized."

12. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

tell her that they have decided to build a courthouse but are unsure if that will stem the flow of their additional settlements :D.

13. DanQ

DanQ Deity

There have been some setbacks in terms of planning and personnel on the Committee in recent months, but work has resumed. Once more details are for certain a Committee member will disclose them.

14. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Ha, you think you've got it bad?

I'm an unemployed 16-year-old living in Los Angeles.

15. bestbrian

bestbrian Just this guy, ya know?

Well then someone needs to quit whining, put down their blanky, get older, get a job, and for the love of mike, MOVE!!! :lol:

EDIT: Apparently lost the whole other half of this post (weird that). Anyway, this thing is coming up REAL quick; how soon before the finalized details are posted?

16. DanQ

DanQ Deity

There is an open call for proposals for break-out sessions for this event. Details can be found in that thread started and being managed by Lead Organizer Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney.

On behalf of the Committee, yes, more details are forthcoming.

17. DanQ

DanQ Deity

Here it is at last -- registration for the event is now live! :cool: Don't forget to reserve your room at the hotel where this get-together is being held.

If you register before July 13th, it will cost $95US -- a $25US discount off the regular price. Similarly, use the event's promotional code to get a discount on the room... it is automatically applied when you follow the reserve link above. Only 25 such rooms are available, and the code is only good on bookings before July 14th.

18. bestbrian

bestbrian Just this guy, ya know?

I'm out; lost that week of vacation to someone with more seniority. Silly union rules. :)

Have fun. Looking forward to see who you get for the Polycast. :D

19. DanQ

DanQ Deity

:(

Thanks. :)

So do I. :lol:

20. Draknith

Draknith King

I was looking forward to this for awhile. Unfortunatly I will be gigging all that weekend. If there's a live game that will be hosted online my sax player and myself may just have to join into it.

Excellent idea though, it's surprising that this hasn't been done yet with the popularity of the series.