Civfanatics Fantasy Hockey 2011-12

Oh man...I have Toews and Datsyuk out as DTD so I'm desperate for a center. Drop Michalek and he's being used against me with great success. Nice. :)

Now, Backstrom is out (DTD) for weeks and my pick up Hackett is getting ripped. Timonen is just DTD icing on the cake!

That would be tough considering he's my best player. I'm hoping Toews (skated today) and Datsyuk (skating) will be back for playoffs.

All I can hope for is to limp into the playoffs and hope they get healthy. I'm doomed whether Frazen or Couture is on my team without those two.

Oh man...I have Toews and Datsyuk out as DTD so I'm desperate for a center. Drop Michalek and he's being used against me with great success. Nice. :)

Now, Backstrom is out (DTD) for weeks and my pick up Hackett is getting ripped. Timonen is just DTD icing on the cake!
That hurts.. :) He's been a good pick up for me so far.

On a sidenote - why is the cut off for the playoffs at six teams? Seems too harsh in a 14 team league.

Having half the teams make the playoffs would be ridiculous. Having more than half make it, which is what would be needed as the next option after 6 is 8, would be even more crazy.

Well I finished well out of the running, but the playoff matchups are starting tonight. The matchups are:

1)Strebers
Bye

4)penguin magic
5)Adria's Meeples

3)Fred's Freaks
6)Committed Indians

2)Psycho Bunnies
Bye

Congrats to Fred for laying the hammer on me. :)

Thanks Whomp... my guys did well this week.

As self-declared commissioner of Civfanatics Fantasy Hockey, I hereby award the Civfanatics Cup to this year's champion, Loppan Torkel, manager of Strebers! Congratulations!

Civfanatics Cup

Stay tuned for this year's edition of the Thunderfall Cup in the NHL Playoff Pool! I'll set it up as soon as the playoff matchups are set.

Congrats Loppan! You did it end to end!

Yay! :banana:

Thanks. Kudos to Adria who kept an intact team the entire season and nearly knocking me out.

Yay! :banana:

Thanks. Kudos to Adria who kept an intact team the entire season and nearly knocking me out.
Congrats!

I wasn't paying close enough attention to hockey in general this year to do much with moving players around. I think I had a bit of a Stanley Cup hangover. :lol:

But now it's time for the real season to begin.

I don't think I did too bad for my first time, that and I basically just set my roster and then lurked.

congrats Loppan. that was a stud-ly team you fielded. well done. the hockey gods smiled on you.

to our self-annointed commish: more roster spots next year please :) or some way to make it more liberal for us to adjust lineups etc. the DTD injuries killed a portion of us. please, please, sir :) come up with a way for us to have better roster flexibility! thank you.

happy labor day, NHL owners :rolleyes: you're pathetic. please don't lose another season...

@Subi
what is your plan for the fantasy league? i know it's early and all that. but we should be ready if they unlock. also, more roster spots/IR spots please & thank you :D

Top Bottom