Civilization: Dawn of Man

As PortugalPower has decided not to stand for tribal chief, I will instead support Tarik Isthvia (filli_noctus) for chief! May he lead our tribe to greatness!

First off I'd like to thank Portugal(OOC: name? couldn't find one) for ending this stupid power grab in a reasonable fashion, with no blood spilled.
Second of all I shall be telling our myth, if any would like to listen.

Spoiler :

God made the world. He made the Promised Land. And all the other land. And all the beasts, and countryside, and forests, and jungles, and plains, and deserts, and water, and all else.
And then He made man.
He made many men, all who look different, who spoke different, who acted different, who lived different, and finally he made the last man, John.
And he was our Father.
John alone listened to God, as his sole creator and his sole savior. John listened to Him, and was told where to go, and he wandered and wandered and wandered until finally, atop a mountain he saw the Promised Land. And so he told his sons and daughters and followers to go there, but John died atop that mountain, and it was there a monument to Him and to the Lord was built.
In the Promised Land the Sons and Daughters of John lived and loved, and that was where our Nation of John was born. It was there where we discovered our Manifest Destiny to spread across our earth and to spread the word of the good Lord, who will guide all his followers who ask and who shall reward all followers of Him.

I commend Alfonso Castela on showing the wisdom to make this contest about the most important attributes of a chief instead of raw brute strength. I look forward to engaging with you in civilised debate.

I will support Tarik as long as he acknowledges the stories of the fire god and dedication to our founding father Marrak.

@Portugal it must have been the God of Fire that spoke to you. May his flame shine bright!

I'm sorry about noticing this but like this is probably the best idea I have had in my life. While just looking at these forums (mainly this and Helmling stories) I noticed that this IAAR is moving in a very Philosopher Kings direction. Then I had a revelation, we need to make a Philosopher Kings IAAR, now. Somebody has to do it, or else I will probably commit suicide (just kidding, at least I think so), because MY LIFE IS HELMLING. I know I sound a bit fanatical, even for CivFanatics but really we need to do this. Probably after this but we do need to do it.

I have no idea what Philosopher Kings is. Captain?

What? Have you even read Helmling? (sigh...) You visit the stories and tales forum, so you just have to search for a thread called Civilization in it. Read that and if you like it (liking it is pretty much a constant) read more of Helmling's work. Then you will understand. Please, for the sake of you, do it. Everybody else, back me up and if you haven't already read his stories follow my advice.

Now, before Helmling buzz consumes us all, back to the IAAR.

Yeah Helmling has written Philosopher Kings, Unbound, and Civilization on these forums (at least that we know of :p) he's a great writer, if you ever get free time you should read his stories. But dear God I hope he did not read any of that PortugalPower....

Change order from defend to support Tarik Isthvia for Chief.

Oh, blast. Work kept me tied up for just a little too long. Here's what my tell a founding myth would have been:

In a time before time the earth was shrouded in darkness and men feared that which lurked within. Our people wandered through the black never staying long in one place to avoid the attention of the inhabitants of the darkness.
Whilst travelling a great desert a spirit whispered to Murak, the man who led our tribe in those times, drawing him to a pool of dark water.

Murak knelt by the pool and spoke to the spirit, promising his service and that of his people if the spirit could protect them and grant them prosperity. The spirit agreed and showed Murak two small rocks by the pool's edge. The spirit instructed him to strike the rocks together over the pool.

When Murak did this a spark leapt from the rocks into the pool which erupted into a great fire that rose into the sky, illuminating the world. Murak prostrated himself before the newly ignited god of fire.

The spirit was true to his word and the tribe were able to drive out the horrors that once ruled the eternal night and guided the tribe across the desert sands, allowing them to trade with others and grow prosperous.

Even though we no longer travel across the desert the lord of fire still keeps his promise and we must keep the Promise of Murak.

Let's not be hasty, you may have swayed some NPCs. But thank you anyway.

I have a position in mind for you (if the rules allow it) and unlike certain previous rivals it isn't at the top of a pointy stick.

All honor to Tarik Ishtvia, a very pious Chief.

Nothing brings our village together more then bringing rivals into the fold. Barbarians all over will quiver when they hear your name, and all the land near the sands of our deserts will be yours!!!!

Let's not be hasty, you may have swayed some NPCs. But thank you anyway.

I have a position in mind for you (if the rules allow it) and unlike certain previous rivals it isn't at the top of a pointy stick.
OOC: I remember the pointy sticks. That was fun. I almost had you on one a few times as well, if I recall correctly :mischief:

Just an update on the update, I am working on it as much as I can. Tonight I should have a lot of time and my last final is tomorrow. So expect it imminently.

Top Bottom