Civilization Leader Pass: New DLC most likely coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. They don't have to show all the leaders, we may be getting more
2. The Depos were initially just 2 as well, then they started showing up more (there was at least one more i wasn't even aware of)

So who knows. the promo is just that, a promo.
I'm fine with that many at this point in the game. More than most people should have expected and a great wrap up.

I wonder if this was supposed to be the "big anniversary announcements" from last year.

I haven't logged in since September and I arrive just a few hours before a major development. Right on time!
Same but for me it feels like years. Stoked for any content at all. I actually don't play Civ too much these days but it's literally the one franchise I buy everything that is released. Thank goodness they don't have lootboxes and $20 Overwatch 2 skins..I'd be broke

"WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A TRADE AGREEMENT WITH ENGLAND????"

Yes please!
Ah, I got beaten to it! So, let me predict some of what these leaders will do.

Lincoln: More militaristic than Teddy. Probably something to do with loyalty mechanics... maybe a bonus against cities that have rebelled/free cities?
Elizabeth: Faith or culture from naval kills? Maybe the ship of the line returns, which gets extra strength against naval melee units and armadas/fleets? Or it could be melee and like a naval version of the Zulu... boats turn into fleets upon capturing a city.
Ramesses: Let's go wild, and say he gets a unique dam replacement that comes very early, and does not reduce yields from floods (since Egypt already doesn't take damage from floods, the reduced yields from dams make them unappealing, but this could stop that).
Ana: No idea!

So, here's the list of base game Civs, since they are the likelier ones to get alternates in case we get a full Pass:

America - Lincoln
Arabia - ?
Aztec - ? (unlikely imo)
Brazil - ? (unlikely imo)

China - Wu Zetian? Still possible, despite Kublai.
Egypt - Ramesses II (apparently)
England - Elizabeth

France - ? (unlikely, but it's France)
Germany - ?

Greece - Already has alternates.
India - Already has alternates.

Japan - ?
Kongo - Ana Nzinga
Norway - ? (unlikely imo, but it's got an "N")
Rome - ?
Russia - ?

Scythia - ? (unlikely)
Spain - ?
Sumeria - ? (unlikely)

Confirmed:

America - Lincoln
Egypt - Ramesses II
England - Elizabeth
Kongo - Ana Nzinga

Likely, imo:
Arabia -
China - Wu Zetian
Germany
Japan
Russia - Catherine
Spain - Isabella

Possible, imo:
France
Rome

Unlikely, imo:
Aztec
Brazil
Norway
Scythia

edited to Include Spain.
Sumeria

Last edited:
So we have news in sight? Interesting.
Happy to know that the game is not over yet, happy also to see that I will finally have another Egyptian leader.
Anna Nzinga, quite interesting, Kongo deserves this love.
I can keep my hopes alive for another Arab and Persian leader somday.
Edit. @Zaarin would be delighted to know that Elizabeth is coming. :p

Last edited:
So, here's the list of base game Civs, since they are the likelier ones to get alternates in case we get a full Pass:

America - Lincoln
Arabia - ?
Aztec - ? (unlikely imo)

England - Elizabeth

Germany - ?

Japan - ?
Kongo - Ana Nzinga
Rome - ?
Russia - ?

Scythia - ? (unlikely)
Sumeria - ? (unlikely)

Confirmed:

America - Lincoln
Egypt - Ramesses II
England - Elizabeth
Kongo - Ana Nzinga

Likely, imo:
Arabia -
China - Wu Zetian
Germany
Japan
Russia - Catherine

Possible, imo:
France
Rome

Unlikely, imo:
Aztec
Brazil
Norway
Scythia
Sumeria
I'd rate Rome as likely, they have no shortage of leader options, and at the moment I'd put Russia all the way down in unlikely just because of the possible PR backlash.

I haven't logged in since September and I arrive just a few hours before a major development. Right on time!
Basically why I'm here too!

EDIT: It also looks like they've taken down this banner finally, but I know I'm not crazy since so many of you saw it too.

Last edited:
created an account just to say you all did the heavy lifting for this one, i did a bit of research in the previous DLC video but i got all of the steamdb stuff from here~ wanted to give proper credit where credit is due!

CivFr has already complained that Napoleon isn't in there :D, link.

I'd rate Rome as likely, they have no shortage of leader options, and at the moment I'd put Russia all the way down in unlikely just because of the possible PR backlash.
CivFr has already complained that Napoleon isn't in there :D, link.
Going to say that maybe the N stands for Nzinga unless Napoleon or Nero shows up. :shifty:

I expect new personas for Arabia and the Ottomans, may be one of the first 4 Caliphs or one from the Abbasid period for the Arabia; for Ottomans, Sultan from a late period, may be Mahmud II.

I agree with Rome, but I think it would need to be visually distinguishable from Trajan. So the usual suspects don't fit, i.e., Julius Caesar or Octavian.

I'm not so certain about Russia. Catherine is an obvious choice, and omission might be a greater political statement from Firaxis than inclusion.

I expect new personas for Arabia and the Ottomans, may be one of the first 4 Caliphs or one from the Abbasid period for the Arabia; for Ottomans, Sultan from a late period, may be Mahmud II.
The Ottomans are a Gathering Storm civ. Arabia is much more likely.

America - Lincoln
Arabia - ?
Aztec - ? (unlikely imo)

England - Elizabeth

Germany - ?

Japan - ?
Kongo - Ana Nzinga
Rome - ?
Russia - ?

Scythia - ? (unlikely)
Sumeria - ? (unlikely)

Confirmed:

America - Lincoln
Egypt - Ramesses II
England - Elizabeth
Kongo - Ana Nzinga

Likely, imo:
Arabia -
China - Wu Zetian