Civilization Leader Pass: New DLC most likely coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, while I'm not holding my breath about this, do hope they'll give one of these Leaders a Unique Governor in the vein of Suleiman's Ibrahim. That was a fun concept that I wish they had expanded upon more in NFP.
Francis Walsingham "the Spymaster" for Elizabeth. They really need to justify her inclusion since she'd be the third leader for England.
I'd love for one of his promotions to just do an "inquisition" in one of your cities.

She'd also be great for expansion and culture, but Victoria and Eleanor already took those abilities so this would make her different.

Charlemagne for France and Germany.
Margaret I for Norway and Sweden. Add in Denmark(never actually going to happen) and you've got a triple-civ Leader, as well as the whole Kalmar Union.

Francis Walsingham "the Spymaster" for Elizabeth. They really need to justify her inclusion since she'd be the third leader for England.
I'd love for one of his promotions to just do an "inquisition" in one of your cities.

She'd also be great for expansion and culture, but Victoria and Eleanor already took those abilities so this would make her different.
If not Walsingham, then Sir Francis Drake as a Maritime/Piracy governor for Elizabeth. Imagine getting extra power against enemy armadas within 9 tiles of Drake. Or, your Sea Dogs can perform unrestricted pillaging and coastal raiding against civs and city-states you are not at war with, within 9 tiles of Drake.

For Nader Shah, they might give him the Zamburak as a unique unit. For those who don't know, zamburaks are basically swivel cannons slapped onto camels then voila, you have mobile artillery. :p I touched on the zamburak in one of my civ ideas, with it being a Bombard replacement that could move and attack on the same turn, and also not have any penalties attacking units.

Also, while I'm not holding my breath about this, do hope they'll give one of these Leaders a Unique Governor in the vein of Suleiman's Ibrahim. That was a fun concept that I wish they had expanded upon more in NFP.

Wouldn't that be more like a field cannon? Just judging by the pictures I can find.

I'm hoping Djoser or any of the Giza-builders as alt leaders for Egypt. But given the mainstreamness of Lincoln or Lizz, most probably the same Ramses II from Civ V.

That is true. They would probably more of field artillery than bombards.
They were actually more like modern Infantry Heavy Weapons than artillery. The fact that "zamburak" means 'wasp' in Persian tells you a lot about their effect. Think of them more as heavy sniper rifles with, on a percentage basis, a much longer range than the smooth-bore muskets of the time. Used in mass, as they frequently were in the 18th century, they could break up enemy formations before any of the enemy infantry weapons got within range.
BUT unlike even the lightest field artillery, they would have none of the effects of regular artillery or Bombards against cities, walls, forts, or even ordinary buildings. Strictly an anti-personnel weapon.

If enough people buy the LP, do you think they might do another?

Which leaders would you like to see for that?

Isabella is at the top of my list.

Most likely not, but if they did, I'd probably want Hannibal for Phoenicia, Selim I for the Ottomans, and Huayna Capac for the Inca, to name a few.

Can we at least wait until we get a clear and official content announcement from Fireaxis before speculating on what the content of ANOTHER pass would be ? :lol:
we have less than 24h left to wait (probably - for something that was planned for least Year, but I'm not complaining, nope!).

But, to stay on topic of this Leader Pass, if the leaks are true and we are getting more Content in addition to the Leaders, what do you they are (Infrastructure, Wonders, Units...etc)? What kind of Game Modes/Scenarios await us?

I just have the Idea that bc the Devs scrapped some Scenarios they wanted to add in NFP and chose to focus on Game Modes instead (apart from 1 Pirates Scenario), they might be adding back those Scenarios in this Pass. And because NFP was 50% Fantasy and 50% historical, we might get at least a Fantasy Scenario (since Pirates was historical).

Maria Theresa for Germany and/or Hungary. :)
But, to stay on topic of this Leader Pass, if the leaks are true and we are getting more Content in addition to the Leaders, what do you they are (Infrastructure, Wonders, Units...etc)? What kind of Game Modes/Scenarios await us?

I just have the Idea that bc the Devs scrapped some Scenarios they wanted to add in NFP and chose to focus on Game Modes instead (apart from 1 Pirates Scenario), they might be adding back those Scenarios in this Pass. And because NFP was 50% Fantasy and 50% historical, we might get at least a Fantasy Scenario (since Pirates was historical).
I would love it if Theodora came with a disease/pandemic game mode, considering the first ever plague pandemic happened during her and Justinian's reign.
She might already have a disaster theme to her leader ability anyways. Partisans appear every time you build a Hippodrome. Good thing you'll also get a free heavy cavalry unit to deal with them. :lol:

I'm also convinced that the supposed leak is real considering LPGN might stand for Leaders Pass: Germany+Neuschwanstein, meaning Ludwig II would come with a world wonder. LPJ would probably be Tokugawa.

For a scenario I wouldn't mind a mythology scenario, if we don't get it in a spin-off game. Apparently Ming Dynasty China will be in a scenario but who knows in what context.

Maria Theresa for Germany and/or Hungary. :)

I would love it if Theodora came with a disease/pandemic game mode, considering the first ever plague pandemic happened during her and Justinian's reign.
She might already have a disaster theme to her leader ability anyways. Partisans appear every time you build a Hippodrome. Good thing you'll also get a free heavy cavalry unit to deal with them. :lol:

I'm also convinced that the supposed leak is real considering LPGN might stand for Leaders Pass: Germany+Neuschwanstein, meaning Ludwig II would come with a world wonder. LPJ would probably be Tokugawa.

For a scenario, I wouldn't mind a mythology scenario, if we don't get it in a spin-off game. Apparently Ming Dynasty China will be in a scenario but who knows in what context.
Yeah that sounds 100% plausible. And if so we know who we will be getting first which is cool!

What kind of Game Modes/Scenarios await us?
If the leak is right about Zhu Di being a scenario leader we're probably gonna get a scenario about either fighting Mongolia, conquering Vietnam, both, or an exploration scenario starring the treasure fleets.

I’d be surprised if we don’t get one more Civ with a Unique Governor. It’s just such a ripe area to expand on.

Nothing I haven’t said before, but Governors are a really underdeveloped mechanic beyond the early game. I’d really like to see FXS do a lot more with the mechanic.

NFP was 50% Fantasy and 50% historical, we might get at least a Fantasy Scenario (since Pirates was historical).
No idea what we get, but one possibility is more Sci-Fi stuff given FXS have already done fantasy. The game is relatively thin on future tech type stuff, other than the GDR and some flavour techs and civics. Might be an area they look to do something.

But overall, I’m still leaning towards any additional content beyond Leaders being pretty light. I just can’t see this pass - if it really is a pass - being as expansive as NFP.

Guess we’ll see soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom