Civilization Street Fighter Turbo Alpha?

Mozzington

Prince
My apologies if this has been asked a million times already but I haven't been able to find it while searching the forums so I shall ask anyway!

Why is it on the UK preview of Civ V from amazon (link below) or at the top of the forum (pre order civ 5 - amazon uk) if you scroll half way down the page it has four screen shots, one of which I havent seen before.

"Diplomatic negotions is a lot more fun than it sounds".

And pictured with this is what looks to be a screen shot of Washington taking on the Japanese leader from a Street Fighter game?

Anyone?

I don't want Civ Street Fighter!

:)

Thanks for clearing this us. I wasn't on the forums in April. Good of Amazon to not realise I guess.

Ha ha ha, Uncle Slam, Tsunami Train, and Super Gunpowder Ex. I love it

:lol:

My apologies if this has been asked a million times already but I haven't been able to find it while searching the forums so I shall ask anyway!

Why is it on the UK preview of Civ V from amazon (link below) or at the top of the forum (pre order civ 5 - amazon uk) if you scroll half way down the page it has four screen shots, one of which I havent seen before.

"Diplomatic negotions is a lot more fun than it sounds".

And pictured with this is what looks to be a screen shot of Washington taking on the Japanese leader from a Street Fighter game?

Anyone?

I don't want Civ Street Fighter!

:)

You really thought it was real? You bought into the dumbing-down bandwagon SO MUCH that you thought that was real? Sorry, after picking myself up off the floor I just had to ask.

You sir are a champion bandwagon soldier.

That's pretty embarrassing that Amazon has it on the product order page.

It's more pretty funny :lol:.

Can someone see a "report function" somewhere other there, to let the admins know what they did wrong?

You really thought it was real? You bought into the dumbing-down bandwagon SO MUCH that you thought that was real? Sorry, after picking myself up off the floor I just had to ask.

You sir are a champion bandwagon soldier.

Dude...... Have you played C&C4? Have you played Supreme Commander 2? Have you played Empire Earth 3? Have you played MOO3?

Great franchizes have been dumbed down to idiocy too many times to count, a diplomacy minigame-fight-em-up wouldnt even be the worst example. (in fact it would be kinda cool, in a lolz way)
So I for one, dont blame him for thinking it *might* be real.
SO many other games have pulled stunts out of their arses that were too dumb to be believed :lol:

Dude...... Have you played C&C4?

Generals was the only good C&C, so no.

Have you played Supreme Commander 2?

Didn't like the first one at all, but I'm more of a CoH man so...

Have you played Empire Earth 3?

Empire Earth 3 was horrible, but I disagree with the implication that EE was a great franchise. The games ranged from intolerable to instant cancer on install.

Have you played MOO3?

This was the only real tragedy on your list. However, it doesn't support your contention about "dumbing down" because the opposite was its problem. It was all about realism and vast complexity and widgets and whooziewhats.

I have an infinite hatred of Quicksilver. I remember the pretentious asses talking about how the Bulrathi and Mrrshan were "too campy" and MOO2 "didn't seem real." Well :):):):) them. Super Mario Brothers didn't seem even remotely real and it was still one of the most solid, if basic, ideas for a game ever conceived. They were such imbeciles that they didn't grasp the underlying genre of MOO2(Deliberate homage to cheezy sci-fi shows.) These were designers that utterly failed to understand that less is more. *They* were a perfect example of the "uberfan" run amok. If anything, MOO3 died of being "smarted-down."

Great franchizes have been dumbed down to idiocy too many times to count,

I can't really take this seriously when Empire Earth is in the list...

a diplomacy minigame-fight-em-up wouldnt even be the worst example. (in fact it would be kinda cool, in a lolz way)

I actually agree with you here. I'd love to see "aggressive diplomacy" be a custom game option :D

So I for one, dont blame him for thinking it *might* be real.

I do. Only someone who cried himself to sleep at night because Civ4 had production overflow management could be in the mindset required to think this could be true. It betrays a deep suspicion of the largely legitimate streamlining that, thankfully, is in style this era.

SO many other games have pulled stunts out of their arses that were too dumb to be believed :lol:

Yeah, Empire Earth existing was a pretty horrible stunt :p

What's funny is how similar the complaints on Civ 5 are to the complaints of SFIII players about SFIV.

I kinda hate saying that as it goes against the points I've made against the game, but it's true.

Now now, Amazon didn't just grab a silly screenshot. Quoting from their Product description, under Key Features:

Big Stick: Negotiate, and play as, some of history's most famous rulers, including the new beat 'em-up style diplomacy mini-game.

or #3 has insider information :worship:

It's more pretty funny :lol:.

Can someone see a "report function" somewhere other there, to let the admins know what they did wrong?
My guess is they know that they did it wrong, and there priorities for fixing it are right up there, just barely under 'taking out the trash' and 'fix the tl-lights on the second floor, third row.'

Top Bottom