[GS] Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Antarctic Late Summer Game Update (April 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not quite true.

I was able to suze and levy 4 city-states in a row before unlocking Swordsmen and rolled through my neighbors with about 18 warriors.

Massive snowballage, no iron necessary.

Well, this strategy is not affected by the change at all, but to be honest, I find this approach extremely situational and borderline impossible on Deity.

The Chateau culture and gold yield was changed from "if adjacent" to "for each adjacent".
Ah okay, thank you. I was trying to figure out how that was worded. I will update accordingly!

I do not know why they increased unit upgrade costs. That is very disappointing to see. The AI hardly upgrades their units enough as it is. I blame all you guys that post screenshots of 1,000GPT on the forum and on Reddit. The AI cannot play that well, so there was no point in bragging about that.

I'm with you. They should have just nerfed professional army to be 25% reduction in gold (an no reduction in resources). Cheap upgrades is really only a problem for the human player since we can utilize that policy card so effectively.

Ho yes, the pantry, yes, that's a huge one for all graphic makers/users.

But come on, an updated Worldbuilder that's for players, not modders, YnAMP for civ6 was released just 3 days after the game, and I added a "brush size" tools to the WB 6 months ago in one's of YnAMP update...

There are also custom tools released by other modders to make our own map, I mean, we can do that ourselves. But still no words at all about the most important tool, I'm really starting to assume that the DLL source code will never be released for civ6 now.

So I'm waiting for the patch content / livestream then if still no words I'm moving away, I've lost enough time with this game.

Why not tell us what are you plan for civ6 modding in the future, why do you think that we can develop mods without any planning Firaxis ?

Fully agree with the DLL source code.. beyond final authentic official version by Fixaris (to somewhat seal gameplay ruleset & other major aspects), the only rational replayability factor falls on Modders' shoulders -- almost exclusively.

To me.. it all looks like Civ6 isn't done yet with extra content & a few balancing patches. 2K won't kill-off their proverbial milk-cow as long as there is DLC grabbers & Fanatics out there. God knows how many will still stick around for another year and most likely many more with VI+. Thus.. the path is clear. Mooo Civ stuff == Mooo money. ;)

As modders (for at least, the core group).. the highway to anything (else) is wide open.

Hmm this really nerfs Hungary and Maori. I agree with the TOA change but nerfing the marae in addition seems a little too much.

Glad they added another +1 diplomatic point to the game but not with the Mahabodhi ugh. Just strengthens religious civs that much more. Makes Russia and Arabia even stronger for diplomatic victories as those are the only two civs I can tolerate going for religion.

Pretty nice patch overall. Now i can play Canada and feel the power...

THAT BUFF TO INDIA MADE ME SO AROU- I mean, yeah, Gandhi's India is not bad for the first time since 2010

EDIT
Jesus Christ: nerfs to Maori and Hungary, buffs to Canada, Norway, Spain, France and China

Last edited:
According to Carl in GameMechanic stream, city states at higher difficulty will start with more units and pre-built walls - so another mod has been implemented

That would actually overall buff hungary on deity, despite the nerf to levying. At least if you got iron in range.
Lots of promising changes, i hope they toned down the science/culture yields norway receives compared to what it is now.

THAT BUFF TO INDIA MADE ME SO AROU- I mean, yeah, Gandhi's India is not bad for the first time since 2010
Remember the AWFUL Civ V "bonus" they got? And never once thought to consider changing?

Glad they added another +1 diplomatic point to the game but not with the Mahabodhi ugh. Just strengthens religious civs that much more. Makes Russia and Arabia even stronger for diplomatic victories as those are the only two civs I can tolerate going for religion.

Try China, in GS you can almost certainly get stonehenge (stone required ofc.). They can also build the temple wonder with builders.

I'm with you. They should have just nerfed professional army to be 25% reduction in gold (an no reduction in resources). Cheap upgrades is really only a problem for the human player since we can utilize that policy card so effectively.

I don't think the card needed a nerf either. None of this helps the AI much. I still see warriors in the Renaissance...even with the AI+ mod.

You know they kind of fixed this back in R&F (I forgot which exact patch) but the AI started upgrading much better. Then when they overhauled the system for GS, it is broken again.

I don't think the AI not updating have to do with gold, it's just the AI having a virtual brain fart and forgetting to update.

Sometimes that is the case and sometimes it is because the AI is too broke to upgrade or does not have the resources because everything is rare like oil has been. Even if you put Abundant or Strategic Balance, it is slightly better for the AI, but still not enough.

It's too easy for the player to upgrade. This is a good change.

They AI may need discounts on upgrading, particularly at higher levels. But that's no big deal.

I really don't think Giorgia need a buff. Medieval and Renaissance Walls need a buff.

England... yeah. Let's see.

It's a really good change. Needing a Religion is very cool.

Using a card for upgrades is gimmicky anyway. Making that 50% discount card literally handicaps the AI. A balanced upgrade price with no card would be easier to balance out. The AI probably does need a discount on gold and maybe resources too, but nobody is going to support this on these forums. The vast majority of the player base seems to like sim city/sandbox playing and hate war. Giving the AI a break on upgrades potentially increases their aggression and their ability to fight you better overall. It would be better than that ridiculous +number combat boost they get on Emp-Deity.

Remember the AWFUL Civ V "bonus" they got? And never once thought to consider changing?

Ah yes, civ5 Indian ability being basically "overpopulation", the only civ with a penalty, and the "leader intro description" mentioning great poverty and stereotypes, that was truly spiritual successor of civ4 India's with its unique unit "fast worker" :D

Ah yes, civ5 Indian ability being basically "overpopulation", the only civ with a penalty, and the "leader intro description" mentioning great poverty and stereotypes, that was truly spiritual successor of civ4 India's with its unique unit "fast worker" :D
At least Fast Worker wasn't as blatant.

That would actually overall buff hungary on deity, despite the nerf to levying. At least if you got iron in range.
Lots of promising changes, i hope they toned down the science/culture yields norway receives compared to what it is now.

Omg, I totally missed the part about pre-built walls for city states. That actually does buff Hungary in a weird way if you have the resources like you said. If all city states survive you can pull of some nasty pillaging from far across the world :) Or just take a city knowing it will rebel that far away due to loyalty issues. As long as the AI doesn't have medieval and renaissance walls. Ancient walls can be chewed through with enough swordsman. If only there was a way to magically teleport a battering ram to a city state that is far away after you levy them...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom