[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

Well, the Leaders Pass is already free. At least if you own all the previous content.
I own a switch. No DLCs (except for Vikings, Poland, Australia, and Persia & Macedonia), no expansions.
And in my parsimonious behavior, I do not want to spend my money on DLCs and expansions. So that's why I want them to be free.

Hello Fellow Civ 6 NFT LP Fans,

I am still a little surprised that Ed and the team have not done a Live Stream for the China DLC pack release. Although it has been a couple of weeks since the China pack came out I still would like to see a 90 minute stream with their take on the individual Chinese leaders and how they would use them to win certain victories. Also the back stories on each leader and what was getting discussed and pushed around while developing the leaders etc.

I have won a Culture Victory with all 3 new leaders on King level. So far I am still a huge fan of Nader Shaw with the trade routes "TO" the capitol to build cities quickly and rack up a gold supply early.

Thoughts?

Brew God

Don't have any access to Leader Pass, so no opinion. Some of the leaders (Nader Shah, Tokugawa, Unifier Qin, Yongle) seem overpowered.

I own a switch. No DLCs (except for Vikings, Poland, Australia, and Persia & Macedonia), no expansions.
And in my parsimonious behavior, I do not want to spend my money on DLCs and expansions. So that's why I want them to be free.
I get you (I'm a frugal spender myself, and 2023 has made that more necessary than in the past couple of years), but it's kinda unrealistic to want something to be free just because you can't pay for it.

"free for everyone who owns the rest of the game content" is already better than I was expecting (though I would've been critical had they not done something like that in the first place), but any more than that is just sinking money for a negative return (especially considering the biggest issue with the game isn't so much content, as it is polish and support for stuff like modding).

"free for everyone who owns the rest of the game content" is already better than I was expecting
I agree. I was quite surprised when the first leaders popped into my game setup window late last year. I thought it was like a preview, where you get the first few leaders for nothing, and then have to pay for the rest - but evidently not.

I am still a little surprised that Ed and the team have not done a Live Stream for the China DLC pack release.
They might be worried they may accidentally say something to offend a certain government.
:mischief:

Kind of glad we moved onto leaders we don't have to tiptoe around.

I sort of prefer that the dev team doesn't spend time doing live streams and spends their time developing.

The leaders yet to come (as of 5-Feb-23) that I'm most looking forward to are Rameses, Sejong and the alternate Harry. It's hard to choose just one from each trio, because I much prefer the slow builder / expansion / trade game to the military aspect, and there's a lot to look forward to.

Rulers of Sahara
Egypt​
Rameses
Feb 2023
Egypt​
Ptolemaic Cleopatra
Mali​
King Sundita Keita
Great Builders
Byzantine​
Theodora
Mar 2023
Korea​
Sejong
Germany​
Ludwig II
Rulers of England
England​
Elizabeth I
Mar 2023 (?)
Norway​
Varangian Harry Hardrada
England​
Age of Steam Vicky

Screenshot 2023-02-04 7.24.00 PM.png

if i were to create the leader pass (i'd really want Ana Nzinga, but don't know where to put her)

the ones im most hype for from each of the upcoming waves i'd say are rameses, ludwig, and vicky. for ludwig im just really hoping they let him be at least a lil fruity. as a treat. and as for age of steam vicky, i already prefer playing england as a science civ so hopefully thisll just make her strictly more fun for that than her existing persona. maybe if they take elizabeth and/or harald in interesting enough directions ill end up liking them more, problem is right now i just have no clue whatll be done with em :p

I can't access the leader pass because Firaxis doesn't care about the switch.

You've mentioned that a few times.

The lists I posted up above were the actual contents of the pass, not some wishlist of mine.
Sorry then if it feels like spam. I also know that those were actual content.
It's more an issue with Aspyr, which does the port, rather than FXS.
Thank you. Now I have a new enemy to face.

and as for age of steam vicky, i already prefer playing england as a science civ so hopefully thisll just make her strictly more fun for that than her existing persona. maybe if they take elizabeth and/or harald in interesting enough directions ill end up liking them more, problem is right now i just have no clue whatll be done with em :p
As much as I love Elizabeth returning, I'm afraid that they're going to turn her into just a naval unit spammer. As for Harald, I expect him to be more religious/trade oriented. If that's the case, it will be interesting to explore another side of Norway.

As much as I love Elizabeth returning, I'm afraid that they're going to turn her into just a naval unit spammer. As for Harald, I expect him to be more religious/trade oriented. If that's the case, it will be interesting to explore another side of Norway.
I was guessing she was a great writer spammer.

Top Bottom