[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

I think it will be something referencing the Jade Hall. Maybe a free random Inspiration whenever you build a building in the Government Plaza or build a Seowon.

If Sejong leads "cultural Korea", maybe the ability will be
Scholars of the Jade Hall: Campus buildings provide culture equal to their intrinsic science output

So it's Choral Music but Seowon.

I think it will be something referencing the Jade Hall. Maybe a free random Inspiration whenever you build a building in the Government Plaza or build a Seowon.
he better have something to do with Great works... Sejong is very well known for his love of books and heck his greatest achievement is creating Korean alphabet hangul all by himself!

he better have something to do with Great works... Sejong is very well known for his love of books and heck his greatest achievement is creating Korean alphabet hangul all by himself!
eh we did just get Sundiata as a Great Works leader so chances are probably slim. If they do go for that though they can always copy the code for Anshan suz bonus (which would be in line with Korea's science bonus)

eh we did just get Sundiata as a Great Works leader so chances are probably slim. If they do go for that though they can always copy the code for Anshan suz bonus (which would be in line with Korea's science bonus)
I am thinking maybe universities grant extra writing slot and Great works of writing provide a science and production?

that is historically possible as sejong did wrote many books... I for one is eagerly awaiting for return of true king!
Would prefer a cultural Korea for Civ VII. I think it's too late for Civ VI, sadly.

we did just get Sundiata as a Great Works leader so chances are probably slim.
This makes me think- this pass has a lot of leaders with potential for abilities that do with Great Works of Writing.

Yongle led to writing of the Yongle Encyclopedia, Sundiata is best known from an epic, Sejong created Hangul, and Lizzy was a poet.

Deciding to throw out potential abilities for all the leaders of the next DLC:

Sejong: Jiphyeonjeon- Receive a free random Inspiration after constructing a Seowon and Govt. Plaza buildings. Theater Squares produce less -50 % less culture per turn but Seowon buildings grant culture equal to the science produced by the district.

Theodora: Nika Riots- Every time a Hippodrome is built partisan rebels will spawn in any adjacent districts, or city center. Killing a unit provides faith equal to 50% of the combat strength. 20% faster production for pillaged districts and buildings.

Ludwig: Neuschwanstein- You may pay in gold, once per wonder, to complete 50% of the production cost of Renaissance, Industrial, and Modern Era Wonders. All world wonders provide an extra +2 culture from any era.

Ludwig: Neuschwanstein- You may pay in gold, once per wonder, to complete 50% of the production cost of Renaissance, Industrial, and Modern Era Wonders. All world wonders provide an extra +2 culture from any era.
How about: Fortresses ("castles") gain +something adjencies for nearby districts, and also provide adjacency bonus towards those districts. Plays to the board game tile laying game that I'm sure inspired including him in the game.

How about: Fortresses ("castles") gain +something adjencies for nearby districts, and also provide adjacency bonus towards those districts. Plays to the board game tile laying game that I'm sure inspired including him in the game.
I would love for Forts to actually give some yields (I wish the Roman Fort had unique graphics and provided something, even if it's just 1 culture), but it would be nice to get something for Ludwig's forts! (Only time I ever build forts is as Poland - I don't even bother with the Eureka for them)

I would love for Forts to actually give some yields (I wish the Roman Fort had unique graphics and provided something, even if it's just 1 culture), but it would be nice to get something for Ludwig's forts! (Only time I ever build forts is as Poland - I don't even bother with the Eureka for them)
Have you looked at JNR's Castrum mod?

I don't see forts getting any bonuses, especially if they are wanting to get away from a more militaristic take on Germany. I could possibly see Medieval or Renaissance walls if you want to link anything else to castles?

I don't see forts getting any bonuses, especially if they are wanting to get away from a more militaristic take on Germany. I could possibly see Medieval or Renaissance walls if you want to link anything else to castles?

I am preparing myself to be underwhelmed with Ludwig -- I think he might be able to work mountain tiles for culture, or extra appeal to mountain and lake tiles. Something like that.

I for one is eagerly awaiting for return of true king!
Aragorn leading Korea might be a bit too jarring :p

I am preparing myself to be underwhelmed with Ludwig -- I think he might be able to work mountain tiles for culture, or extra appeal to mountain and lake tiles. Something like that.
I wouldn't mind something to do with Mountains since it's exclusively exploited by the Inca (throw lakes in as well, why not). But without a unique improvement to go with it, might be a bit shallow.

I wouldn't mind something to do with Mountains since it's exclusively exploited by the Inca (throw lakes in as well, why not). But without a unique improvement to go with it, might be a bit shallow.

I agree that it’s shallow 😂 — it’s shallowness, I think, makes it all the more likely that this is his ability.

I would love new builds of any kind, but, sadly, I don’t think it’s happening.

Oh sweet god, if Ludwig had a unique “fairytale castle” tile improvement I would die and go to heaven.

Maybe he gets Ski Resorts earlier. Welcome to the Bavarian Alps! :mischief:
But would they give him those bonuses if currently Germany has no start bias towards them? :think:

I agree that it’s shallow 😂 — it’s shallowness, I think, makes it all the more likely that this is his ability.

I would love new builds of any kind, but, sadly, I don’t think it’s happening.
Surely rushing wonders with gold is something they could use right?

Surely rushing wonders with gold is something they could use right?
Not easily. As is, this is limited only to a Great Person action. It’d be comparatively a lot of work to enable it for all units or from a menu or something. Given how this pass thus far has only included easily moddable abilities, I don’t think they’ll do that. Cool idea though

Top Bottom