[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

J happens to be positioned prior to Negotiators, Commanders, and China, so I tend to think it was mistakenly created for Julius Caesar, and will be removed at some point.

I agree that SH could be Sahara and Pinky could be England. Lizzy feels like she could be nicknamed Pinky for her red hair. That leaves Bart for the Builders.

Now the brand new unnamed one.... ?
In the tradition of Completely Off The Wall Leader Suggestions:

Pinky refers not to hair color, but affiliation:
Leon Trotsky leads Pinko-Commie Russia in Civilization VI!

Bart, as everyone west of Weaubleau, Missouri knows, is the Bay Area Rapid Transit subway system in California, so this is an entire download devoted to modern infrastructure: subways, water systems, electrical systems, pipelines, none of which will actually work as intended in the game but will cause massive pollution and empty your treasury.

The brand new one yet un-named would be either
Milard Fillmore leading the US or A, or
Louis XIX, Leader of France (for all of 20 minutes in 1830 - look it up!)

- Chiefly because No One has ever requested either one of them as Civ Leaders . . .

Milard Fillmore leading the US or A, or
Louis XIX, Leader of France (for all of 20 minutes in 1830 - look it up!)

- Chiefly because No One has ever requested either one of them as Civ Leaders . . .
And...pretty sure no one ever will. :p

You're excellent at replying with annoying takes. Blocked
Well, my day is truly ruined. A stranger blocked me on the internet for not hating Marie Antoinette. :rolleyes:

What if the bonus leader is Napoleon...

...the Third.

I almost want to see firaxis do a bait and switch for Napoleon iii for civ 7 in their announcements.
Honestly, I'd be down for Napoleon the Third. Not the greatest leader but he did successfully industrialize France and remake Paris, which isn't nothing.

Anything but Napoléon? "Philippe Pétain leads France in Sid Meier's Civilization VI." :shifty: I don't think I need to add that I am, nevertheless, firmly Team No Napoléon.
Ah, but you see, the Etat Français under Pétain is not France ! We, French, as a people, collectively decided that this period of History is not part of the History of France. It's History, it happened on the territory that is known as France, but it's not part of France's political, cultural and historical continuity. Pétain was never a leader of France, and wasn't even a French anymore (we took his nationality away, far from his hands, in a place where he couldn't do anything wrong with it), so putting him as a leader of the French in Civ VI would be completely ahistorical. It'd be more legitimate to have William the Conqueror leading France than Pétain. It'd be as stupid as having an italian woman leading... Wait, no, that's legitimate. But it'd be like saying: "Oscar Bernadotte leads France in Sid Meier's Civilization VI". A complete buffonery, a travesty, a charade.

(Also, if we could avoid leaders worshipped by the French far-right, be it Pétain or Napoléon, it could be good.)

...the Third.

I almost want to see firaxis do a bait and switch for Napoleon iii for civ 7 in their announcements.
As a big fan of Napoléon III (mainly because of Offenbach), I'd be glad for it!

Also, if this mysterious leader happens to be Napoléon III and he gets his own music, maybe this lovely song about his military exploits would fit the bill perfectly!

...the Third.

I'd be one of the few people genuinely excited and relieved. :D

Well, my day is truly ruined. A stranger blocked me on the internet for not hating Marie Antoinette. :rolleyes:
I think you were blocked for not being ardent enough about not hating Marie Antoinette.

You agree with me only mildly?? THE GUILLOTINE!

tenor.gif

I'd be down for Napoleon III. If not for my love for the industrial era and for the fact that, in the end, he was a fairly succesful ruler (albeit often dismissed due to his foolish adventure in Mexico and due to his infamous end - I guess bigger borders are simply more glorious than industrialisation, modern city planning, railways, economic prosperity and success in managing to keep Orléanists, Republicans and Bonapartists who all despised each other at bay for some twenty years), then at least for his absolutely amazing moustache :p

I'd be down for Napoleon III. If not for my love for the industrial era and for the fact that, in the end, he was a fairly succesful ruler (albeit often dismissed due to his foolish adventure in Mexico and due to his infamous end - I guess bigger borders are simply more glorious than industrialisation, modern city planning, railways, economic prosperity and success in managing to keep Orléanists, Republicans and Bonapartists who all despised each other at bay for some twenty years), then at least for his absolutely amazing moustache :p
- And for the fact no one since him has been particularly memorable as a Big Personality French Leader except maybe Clemenceau and DeGaulle, and DeGaulle is probably too recent to be picked.

- And for the fact no one since him has been particularly memorable as a Big Personality French Leader except maybe Clemenceau and DeGaulle, and DeGaulle is probably too recent to be picked.
I'm pretty sure DeGaulle was a leader in Civ Rev 2. Considering we have WWII leaders in the game currently, Curtin and Wilhelmina, and have had leaders that have died later than him, Selassie and Mao, I don't think he's out of the realm of possibility.

I'm pretty sure DeGaulle was a leader in Civ Rev 2. Considering we have WWII leaders in the game currently, Curtin and Wilhelmina, and have had leaders that have died later than him, Selassie and Mao, I don't think he's out of the realm of possibility.
I'm pretty sure he was an alt leader in one of the Civ IV expansions.

DeGaulle was in Civ4 Beyond the Sword, so he’s not too recent. Honestly, if in civ7 France went a militaristic route, I’d rather have him leading than Napoléon.

DeGaulle was in Civ4 Beyond the Sword, so he’s not too recent. Honestly, if in civ7 France went a militaristic route, I’d rather have him leading than Napoléon.
Philippe Auguste gets my vote for militarist France, though I'm hoping for a commercial/colonial France under Henri IV.

Top Bottom