[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

Oof that would be a pretty boring Lizzy, especially given the lack of excitement in the naval game.
I’d love a novel spin on the naval game though!

Something like her boats being able to found cities with some sort of balance or malus (or neither, we have Yongle I suppose), or a Civ wide version of the Jong where her boats can carry land units and she can start the colonisation game *early*, or even something like her boats have some sort of charge and expending it in a rival Civs borders gives diplomatic favour, gold and culture depending on the distance from her capital and a little something for the Civ she used it on.

I guess most of those require coding though so it will probably be something like “gain X culture when you build a naval unit”

Re: Lizzie and naval stuff.
How about every 10 ocean hexes you reveal, you get some little reward, like an extra science, or 1 gold or 1 culture. She was a bit of a patron of explorers, wasn't she? I just chose 10 as an arbritary figure, but there'd only be a finite amount you could collect before everything was revealed.
The other England-centred thing is that bonus for settling different continents. Perhaps some chunky reward for each continent she discovers with an explorer or naval class unit? You'd want to have some way to differentiate when a suzerain's unit reveals new stuff though.

EDIT: resisting the temptation to call her Frizzy Lizzie because of her hair : )

Oof that would be a pretty boring Lizzy, especially given the lack of excitement in the naval game.
According to the leaked audio files, it seems that way. Besides, we really don't have a naval leader really for England. Victoria wants to go out and settle all continents but nowhere in her ability is anything related to naval combat or production.
I'm at least hoping Elizabeth's naval raiders can coastal raid in peacetime. :mischief:

I wonder if they are going to update English ability again. I don't think they would, because all new Leaders seem to reuse mechanic and Agenda currently in the game. I don't think they will go out of their way. Yet, I always found weird that many Royal Navy Dockyard abilities are spread in both the English ability and Victoria's ability. Could they centralize abilities?

Royal Navy Dockyard
English unique district that replaces the Harbor. It is 50% cheaper to build, removes the Movement penalty for embarking and disembarking, grants +2 Great Admiral points per turn instead of 1, and provides 4 Loyalty if built on a foreign continent. Receive the strongest Naval unit you can build at completion, and each buildings inside this district grant +10 Strategic Resource stockpiles.
+2 Gold bonus if adjacent to a City Center
+1 Gold bonus for each adjacent Sea ressources
+2 Gold if built on a foreign continent

Victoria (Empress?)
+1 Movement to all Naval and embarked unit. The first city founded on each continent other than England's home continent grants a free melee unit in that city and +1 Trade Route capacity. Gains the Redcoat unique unit with Military Science.

What are the odds that Victoria "Age of Steam" could inherit the British Museum? Either:
  • As an Archaeological Museum replacement.
  • As an unique building in the Government Plaza, just like Kristina.
The odds are very slim since... you need to create a whole new building asset? But it would be a good wink to vanilla.

For Elizabeth, I don't know exactly what they would represent. She did a lot on Religion appeasement, during an age of talented Writers, while foreign relation was mostly done for commercial reason (trading with the "enemies" of the Faith, she did won against the Spanish Armada). I guess she would be the "diplomatic" leader, or the "naval military leader"? But I wonder how much willing they are going to write new code, or rewrite one. Military-wise, I guess they could reuse Gorgo / Aztec abilities but with Great Works instead of Military policy cards / Luxury resources. Something like:
+1 Combat Strength for all your Naval units for each Great Works of Writing in the Capital city. +100% reward when plundering Trade Routes. Naval victories grants Gold equal to 50% of the Combat Strength of the defeated unit.
It feels very "déjà-vu" while doesn't making real sense. But somehow, I would not be surprise to see something like that.

Last edited:
Speaking of the potential for leaders to bring new unique buildings/districts: what I would like to see is Ramesses II come with a unique Holy Site that uses the unique graphics from the Gifts of the Nile scenario. They could call it a Necropolis or Sanctuary of Amun or something.
It's pretty wild to me that Russia remains the only civ with a unique holy site.

It's pretty wild to me that Russia remains the only civ with a unique holy site.
The theater square (Acropolis/Greece) and commercial hub (Suguba/Mali) are the only other specialty districts that only have one unique version, not counting the water park. Every other specialty district has two unique version so its not super weird that there is only one unique holy site.

Last edited:
Speaking of the potential for leaders to bring new unique buildings/districts: what I would like to see is Ramesses II come with a unique Holy Site that uses the unique graphics from the Gifts of the Nile scenario. They could call it a Necropolis or Sanctuary of Amun or something.
I'm not going to get my hopes up because I believe in the interview they said that we weren't going to get any new wonders, units, buildings etc., but I would love this.

I'm not going to get my hopes up because I believe in the interview they said that we weren't going to get any new wonders, units, buildings etc., but I would love this.
Oh sure, I would bet every dollar to my name it won’t happen. It’s a shame though—those assets they created for that scenario are beautiful and begged to be implemented into the real game.

I’ll also never understand why they didn’t port the Gold Ore resource from the Australia scenario.

They could technically do that... they have the assets for it. It would actually be a doable cheap option for them.

It's possible they were refering to LP style things, as in, independent new wonders, units or buildings. Unless they specifically mentioned that leaders won't have them.

It's possible they were refering to LP style things, as in, independent new wonders, units or buildings. Unless they specifically mentioned that leaders won't have them.
Here's what they mention in the interview:
Aside from new leaders, are there any other new features we don’t know about? Perhaps new buildings, improvements, or wonders tied to certain leaders?

[All the Leader Pack additions are] all fully voiced and animated, like all of our leaders are. Definitely the new agendas change the game up a lot, because now there are things you normally would have done that these leaders are going to pick up on. But, we have not added new wonders or anything like that.

Still doubt it’ll happen though.
My main doubt is mostly about giving a unique district to a Leader. Somehow, I find more likely they update Egypt abilities and switch the Sphinx for the Necropolis as their primary UI. They could have fun and change the adjacency bonuses to something like +2 from Wonders (instead of Natural Wonders), +2 from River (instead of +1 per Mountains), and +0.5 from Farms (instead of Woods). Maybe they would add flavors and add something like "+1 Great Engineer point" and/or copy the Communist legacy bonus "+0.6 Production per Population". Yet, more likely doesn't mean probable: it would still be unlikely.
They could still save the Sphinx, like Portugal has both Feitoria and Navigation School, and Māori has both Pā and Marae. But in both latter case, they go througth their unique unit. It would mean that the Maryannu Chariot Archer would be able to build a Sphinx? That would feel quite weird.

Here's what they mention in the interview:
Does not neccessairly mean they exclude new assets/units if they attached to leaders, the way I see it that specifcally just says that it's JUST Leaders that we are getting, but what content is available in them, could mean we could get new unique building replacements and unique unit replacements.

My main doubt is mostly about giving a unique district to a Leader. Somehow, I find more likely they update Egypt abilities and switch the Sphinx for the Necropolis as their primary UI. They could have fun and change the adjacency bonuses to something like +2 from Wonders (instead of Natural Wonders), +2 from River (instead of +1 per Mountains), and +0.5 from Farms (instead of Woods). Maybe they would add flavors and add something like "+1 Great Engineer point" and/or copy the Communist legacy bonus "+0.6 Production per Population". Yet, more likely doesn't mean probable: it would still be unlikely.
They could still save the Sphinx, like Portugal has both Feitoria and Navigation School, and Māori has both Pā and Marae. But in both latter case, they go througth their unique unit. It would mean that the Maryannu Chariot Archer would be able to build a Sphinx? That would feel quite weird.
Totally agree that if they do bring the Necropolis on board, then it absolutely makes more sense the way you describe it. Great ideas too! However, to me, adding a new asset AND reworking a civ seems like way too much rocking the boat for this DLC.

Regarding the Sphinx, I dislike it as UI. It just doesn't look impressive or feel fun to use. I'd have preferred it if we got a Great Sphinx wonder instead...imagine how grand that could be!

Overall, this upcoming Builders DLC is what got me the most excited when they announced the Leader Pass. Necropolis or not, I just hope the leader abilities are fun...

Was Ramesses known to build sphinxes? If so, that could be his UI instead of a whole district if they want to portray him as a builder. :dunno:
Does not neccessairly mean they exclude new assets/units if they attached to leaders, the way I see it that specifcally just says that it's JUST Leaders that we are getting, but what content is available in them, could mean we could get new unique building replacements and unique unit replacements.
Good point. I guess it's open up to interpretation because it is kind of a vague answer.

Overall, this upcoming Builders DLC is what got me the most excited when they announced the Leader Pass. Necropolis or not, I just hope the leader abilities are fun...
By the way Ramesses isn't part of the Builders pack. He's part of the Rulers of Sahara with Ptolemaic Cleo and Sundiata Keita. The Builders pack won't probably be until March.
Thanks, I wasn't sure.

Top Bottom