[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

STOKED for this final group to come out. I purposefully avoided playing any of the new leaders until this last one comes out cause:

A) give myself a Civ break
B) make it feel like one giant expansion of leaders
OMG, I should actually boot up a game with only the Leader Pass civs.

Unknown. Speculation is that it was the preliminary DLC associated with Caesar
Yeah, thats what I remember too, that it was something like Leader Pass Julius or something, but can it may be Leader Pass July? like there would be another one? Or this just my insanity speaking.

Yeah, thats what I remember too, that it was something like Leader Pass Julius or something, but can it may be Leader Pass July? like there would be another one? Or this just my insanity speaking.
I can't speak for your insanity, but with all the "next chapter in Civilization" talk going on, I can't help but feel that Test LPJ is a defunct artifact of some Firaxian's mistake.

yeah, you are probably right. Thanks :D
I had a bit of a revelation. The NFP had a DLC that represented the whole pass for someone who wanted to buy all the packs at once. The LP doesn't appear to have that. So, LPJ probably acts as the DLC for buying all the LP packs at once, provided you didn't have the anthology set (or equivalent) previously.

I had a bit of a revelation. The NFP had a DLC that represented the whole pass for someone who wanted to buy all the packs at once. The LP doesn't appear to have that. So, LPJ probably acts as the DLC for buying all the LP packs at once, provided you didn't have the anthology set (or equivalent) previously.
On Steam, at least, the "Leader Pass" is $20 and I don't see a way to buy the individual packs.

Y'all, I'm just so so happy that this Mac user finally gets to play with the new toys. Getting them all at once, well, you can really feel the constrictions that Firaxis was seemingly put under in making them, yes. Nzinga Mbande looks amazing and is powerful, but not very interesting to play as, for instance, and that applies to a lot of these (though few if any of the rest look as great as Nzinga's model, obviously.) Nader Shah should have come with a unique unit indicative of his time period (and there are a couple to choose from), I could gripe about a number of things but but but...

I actually got the rest of the leaders, which I wasn't expecting, and I'm having a ball. Really only messed around with SteamVicky and Ludwig so far, but I super enjoyed Lincoln, Nader Shah, Tokugawa, Muhteşem Suleiman and others when they came out as well, even if I can always think of the ways I would have designed them.

We got a Germany that's not centered on war, which I love. We got a truly different way to play as Byzantium that still works with Byzantium's CUA. We got two daftly-wild hyper-aggressive warmongers in Julius Caesar and Varangian Harald who both play differently from how I've played the game before now (though I haven't messed around with V-Harald yet, I've definitely never played anyone - even Corvinus - the way V-Harald looks like he should be played.) I wish the dev team hadn't been constrained about which mechanics they could mess with, not adding leader-specific uniques, etc. I get the feeling that they didn't think they'd have such constrictions when they started this project, and that some leaders had to be "watered down," which is unfortunate.

But y'all, I'm loving this right now.

Last edited:
Hi,

Always read but never post user here. Kinda crazy how things went on with this LP and Civ6, not sure about the aftertaste though. Part of me wants a LP2 (smaller, half the content size) but geez seems like 2K 'setup' Firaxis to failure here (and Aspyr also imploded part of it), even using a secondary team of devs, and we are talking about a freaking 30y old franchise. I don't think it's unreasonable to us to think that Ed and whomever was behind the LP needed to work with this while working on Midnight Suns and its dlcs.

What I like about the LP are some models, animations (Nzinga, Lincoln, Nader, Wu Zetian, Yongle and Sejong) and also spoken lines. I really, really appreciate how spoken lines make all difference imho on leader immersion. I also liked the abilities and, strangely, how being 'handcapped' on coding made some of them seem like will be used effectively by AI bc they are direct (with a few exceptions maybe). Wouldn't be surprise if the new leaders ranks among best AI benchmarks. I never thought I would really want personas, but after this LP I think there's still room to play a bit with it (hence my wishes of a smaller LP2). Personally, I really like Civ6 Agenda system (even though it's very formulaic) and how the new Agendas kinda went full circle with some of them (JC and Qin, Ramses countering Kupe, etc.).

What I don't like is how they (2K) went on ad the franchise's Anniversary just to constrain (at least, it looks like) the team and let them fall short of some things. Some very visible things. On a freaking 30y old well established franchise! What about that neck piece (not sure the name) from Ramses which someone here rightly said it appeared like an asset placeholder? There's a couple of leaders that uses very similar pieces and it's shocking the asset quality difference (and not bc artistically wasn't good, just not enough polish). Literally on the guy that's on the cover of the LP while Nzinga, Abe and Bess (not as much as Nzinga and Abe) received more polish attention. What about size, animation, appearence of some leaders on the meeting screen, their icons and some other garment assets (looking at your armors Harald and Qin) looking clearly rushy? Someone posted on YT all leaders screenings and sometimes it hits hard even when the transition is from NFP leaders to LP ones (fun good side one: love how Yongle, Sejong and Kublai outfits are different enough but with a belt that ties them all).

It also makes me sad to think that I am locked with an outdated and buggy version of the game on consoles (not only without new content, but without the fixes too) bc... I don't know, apparently Aspyr sold more Civ copies on iOS and Mac than on PS/Xbox/Switch but I guess will never know why the apparently arbitrary choice. Very disregardful (even in a business meaning/context) whomever that leads Aspyr.

But that's it,
Thank you Ed, Carl, Andrew and the whole team, behind the game and all dlcs. Thank you for the extra ideas from LP. Dope ride, great time!

See you next turn :egypt:

We got a Germany that's centered on war, which I love.
Haven't they always? :p
I assume you meant to add in a "not" in the middle, unless there is something about Ludwig that I missed.

One quick question I'd like to raise with the fine group at CFC; have people been getting the Steam/Epic Achievements with these new leaders? I'm disappointed that there aren't new achievements to go with the new content that been added, but I can understand that there might not have been time to think up new/interesting achievements. But I won a game with NeoCleo recently and did not get Daughter of Isis.
So it would be really off-putting if the new leader content did not tie in with the existing Steam/Epic Achievements. I'm playing on Epic btw, so maybe it's just an Epic thing

I’m quite positive (in the negative mood way) they did not work on achievement support. Otherwise, probably we would have got some additional achievement to have fun with, but we got nothing.

I don't know why it bums me out not to get new achievements, especially for the leader game wins, but it does.
It truly is an eternal enigma.

Top Bottom