[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

Is there a way to launch the game on steam without updating it? Tried offline but it still wants to update.

I want to keep playing my ongoing save but I can't be bothered to go through all the mods, check what works, what doesn't :sad:

Edit: couldn't figure out a way. Guess I'll play Ludwig then...

Is there a way to launch the game on steam without updating it? Tried offline but it still wants to update.

I want to keep playing my ongoing save but I can't be bothered to go through all the mods, check what works, what doesn't :sad:

Edit: couldn't figure out a way. Guess I'll play Ludwig then...
There is a way, by going through your Steam Library. I believe you can right-click the game, and there's a menu where you can stop it from downloading updates

I don't know why it bums me out not to get new achievements, especially for the leader game wins, but it does.
My guesses on this
#1 Adding a achievement for Caesar would force full achievement players to get 2k accounts
#2 Too much code was overused for the LP that they couldn't get distinct trigger conditions (eg. Lincoln building Panama Canal giving achievement)
#3 Firaxis being lazy

It truly is an eternal enigma.
Because it would require heavy DLL work, I'd be you implementation of achievements is much more difficult than it seems.

In fact, there has not been a single new "feature" implemented in the leader pass, every leader uses pre-existing modifiers and pre-existing agenda (Suleiman literally uses the same agenda trait as the Sycophant, which requires me to fix him in my hidden agenda mod). The fixes are just small code changes they implemented here and there.

It's been very obvious to me that Leader Pass was developed with a handful of interns/skeleton crew.

#2 Too much code was overused for the LP that they couldn't get distinct trigger conditions (eg. Lincoln building Panama Canal giving achievement)
I got the achievement to build a Space Port next to a Seowon the other day while playing as Sejong, even though the achievement specifies Seondeok. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln could build the Panama Canal for the achivement.

Because it would require heavy DLL work, I'd be you implementation of achievements is much more difficult than it seems.
I don't believe it is; Civ VI handles achievements in a fashion reasonably similar to Civ V, but, more to the point, all the "Win a regular game as [leader]" achievements are handled by a single massive function, and the logic is really quite simple, so adding new ones for the Leader Pass leaders ought to be trivial. But as you say, the Leader Pass was clearly the work of a skeleton crew, and I think it's understandable that they forewent anything not absolutely essential

I got the achievement to build a Space Port next to a Seowon the other day while playing as Sejong, even though the achievement specifies Seondeok. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln could build the Panama Canal for the achivement.
Are you playing on Steam, or Epic?

Ludwig's character model doesn't look as bad as I perceived it from the still shots and short spotlight animation. I already commented that his animations and voice acting are pretty good, but just opening the character screen, his head seems normal sized.

Theodora on the other hand still looks plain, and has weirdish arms, but her voice is pleasant. I'm having a lot of fun with the farms adjacency. Culture from holy sites is obviously proving very strong, but the farms are really feeding that work ethic belief.

I can confirm that. I received Panama Canal achievement as Lincoln just this past week.

Sorry if this has been discussed to death, but if Theodora's UA has holy sites generating culture, shouldn't that mean they eventually generate tourism is well?

I'm well past Flight, and the tourism overlay shows no tourism generated from sites (without relics).

Sorry if this has been discussed to death, but if Theodora's UA has holy sites generating culture, shouldn't that mean they eventually generate tourism is well?

I'm well past Flight, and the tourism overlay shows no tourism generated from sites (without relics).
No, the effect from Flight only applies to tile improvements that give culture. If a district generates tourism by itself, it would be explicitly stated as with Vietnam's Thanhs.

A qa build was updated again today. The patch-ination continues.
That's a 2K QA update, which is often just an update to the Steam Launcher for Civ VI.

At most there is a possibility that it could be some kind of modding support to be added, because most official modding resources are available through steam and not the Game directly, but I doubt that at this stage of the Game. (Not that it isn't welcome :))

Might today be the day they will update the music bug on Mac and Xbox for Windows versions (soon™ as stated on their last patch) and, accordingly to my wet dreams, also bomb drop the console release of Leader Pads? :shifty:

I think it's reasonable enough, but not sure if Firaxis cofaspyrcof is up to their schedule whatever it is

Top Bottom