Civilization

Hmmmm The Dutch did spawn Utrecht awfully close to the Aztec boarder , not that there are abundant spots for cities left , but : its literally as close as they could get to the Aztec capitol.

I don't see many Dutch troops on the field. Perhaps because, they tried to establish this colony in a region they knew had dangers ,but , also knew they couldn't easily bring an army to.

Utrecht was a red herring , so , the Greeks would take out the Aztecs , then : the Dutch can beat India to colonizing the rest of the east without having to build an effective army.

True: the taking of Utrecht was an unwarranted aggression ,but , the Aztec people truly believe the gods will be angered when starved of sacrifice. Everyone in the world should know this by now, the Dutch of all people.

This empty space on the southeast looks like its all dessert. Only 3 people in the story would have the foresight to know desserts have a good chance of containing oil, i wonder how that will play into it.

Hmmmm The Dutch did spawn Utrecht awfully close to the Aztec boarder , not that there are abundant spots for cities left , but : its literally as close as they could get to the Aztec capitol.

I don't see many Dutch troops on the field. Perhaps because, they tried to establish this colony in a region they knew had dangers ,but , also knew they couldn't easily bring an army to.

Utrecht was a red herring , so , the Greeks would take out the Aztecs , then : the Dutch can beat India to colonizing the rest of the east without having to build an effective army.

True: the taking of Utrecht was an unwarranted aggression ,but , the Aztec people truly believe the gods will be angered when starved of sacrifice. Everyone in the world should know this by now, the Dutch of all people.

This empty space on the southeast looks like its all dessert. Only 3 people in the story would have the foresight to know desserts have a good chance of containing oil, i wonder how that will play into it.

Well, naturally the government of the Philosopher Kings did consider the possible provocation posed by Utrecht being so close to the Aztecs, but the fact that during the first war they beelined right toward the Netherlands proper and not the colony indicated that their designs were somewhat larger. Not to mention: Hey, it's Monty. We know what he wants...everything!

There is a distinct lack of siege in that army.....

Fantastic writing as always :) perhaps if you have the chance could we have an overview of the empire?

Fantastic writing as always :) perhaps if you have the chance could we have an overview of the empire?

Yeah, um...it would be irresponsible to use siege equipment against a civilian population. That would result in too much loss of life for our noble Philosopher King armies.

That, and I use what my militaristic city states give me. So far, no cannons. ;)

I see a couple of trebs in there , that's about as much as you need. Just enough to prep a city ,although , if Helmling has made a rule for himself that : it is immoral to use bombardments on a city , that complicates matters.

I see a couple of trebs in there , that's about as much as you need. Just enough to prep a city ,although , if Helmling has made a rule for himself that : it is immoral to use bombardments on a city , that complicates matters.

I haven't really. I just didn't build this massive army. It's literally all donated (except for some of the knights that used to be companion cavalry).

If you had Cannons you could justify it by saying that they're accurate enough to just break the walls, with no loss of civilian life...

This is just one of the examples of tech-tree idiocy that's often hard to account for in these stories. I mean, in real life, cannons came before muskets, but here I am about to have WWII-era infantry and yet, my best siege equipment is a trebuchet.

Go figure.

Anyway, my force superiority is such that I really don't need cannons right now. WWI infantry vs. musket men? Advantage me.

Okay, I tried to do this earlier, but I messed up some of the screen shots, so here you go:

A map of The Nation of the Philosopher Kings*
Spoiler :

*not all League states pictured.

i don't know if it's me or this forum has become a ghost town.

beautiful...*tear*

no seriously, i did a project on communism today so this is perfect

Top Bottom