1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilizations Reborn

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by 1SDAN, Sep 27, 2019.

1. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

That's amazing :lol:

Crimean Lord likes this.
  2. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

Actually, I might be totally wrong here, but I do not see the UP as a big advantage. To add to it, the Kievan starts with Tributaries. It means the cities will use food for production when building both military units and buildings and they won't grow. Only exception are wonders and some civilian units. Solution might be to switch to Conquest and grow cities when building military units. It is still a bit contradictory to what we are used to: build a building when our city grows (and that's why I got a problem with it probably :).

I understand this is for UHVs: Kiev will grow when building that wonder and other smaller cities will use the food to build temples... later units.

1SDAN and Crimean Lord like this.
  3. Publicola

Publicola Prince

Do sheep and cows contribute to the Silk Road corporation, or does it just attract Silk Road to cities that may not benefit from them?

Are you still able to build settlers/khagans, or are you limited to the ones you get for free?

1SDAN and Crimean Lord like this.
  4. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

They contribute and give benefit, and yes you can still build Khagans.

I wanted the Saltovo to both represent the Khazars' history as a prominent alternate route along the silk road and the Saltovo culture economy that they were known for, while with Khagans I wanted to represent the Bek/Khagan setup of the Khaganate. While neither are particularly unique to the Khazars, they were large parts of their nation, properly assists them towards their UHVs and helps give them a unique gameplay experience.

Here's a small tip for the Kievan Rus: Even with Tributaries, you still grow while constructing wonders, commerce, and non-military units (missionaries, work boats, etc)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Publicola and Crimean Lord like this.
  5. star15389

star15389 Prince

We have a few cases of relocations in DoC still. Vijayanagara -> Bangalore, Coyuca -> Guadalajara, for example

Crimean Lord likes this.
  6. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

I'm sorry but could you explain what you mean by "cases of relocations"?

7. ozqar

ozqar King

I think they meant to post in the city name manager thread. Relocations: multiple cities sharing the same tile and appearing under different circumstances.

1SDAN likes this.
  8. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

New update: Merged latest DoC, adopted DoC's Relations Stability system once again.

Oh. That makes sense.

Crimean Lord likes this.
  9. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

It seems I forgot to document that Monasteries give a flat 2 science, a feature that's been in since day 1. The OP now reflects that.

Rodnok and Publicola like this.
  10. Publicola

Publicola Prince

I'd suggest that it should be a bit more (3 or 4?) to make them more worthwhile, especially as civilizations develop. (In Europe, it was the most developed regions that built monasteries). One possibility might be to start out giving +2 flat science, but then add 1 or 2 extra science once a civilization discovers a related medieval tech like theology.

1SDAN likes this.
  11. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

Might be the bottom part of the tree, with Theology, Scholarship (both suit well with monasteries) or the following technologies. For Western European civilizations there isn't much interesting currently and even for orthodox ones there is just some wonder or two.
    I'd suggest start with 2 (or even with 1) and give +1 here and there.
    Total monasteries output shouldn't be higher than 4 though. It could be abused with more religions similar to current 10 % in the main branch and their second bonus are the missionaries which are often the main reason to build them.
    That's just my opinion, what do you think?

1SDAN likes this.
  12. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

It's a very good idea, though it'd require adding a new XML tag to do so. I'll look into it and alternate methods of achieving similar results.

Crimean Lord likes this.
  13. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Hotfix: Readded Worst Enemy Penalties

14. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Religious cathedrals only provide happiness when it is the one of your state religion. Your getReligionHappiness() function counts all cathedral happiness, even if it is not of your state religion.

Also, the long list of every temple and cathedral is a bit quirky. You could use something like this:
    Spoiler :
    Code:
    def getReligionHappiness(iPlayer):
        iStateReligion = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).getStateReligion()
        iHappiness = 0

for iReligion in range(iNumReligions):
            iTemple = iJewishTemple + 4*iReligion
            iCathedral = iJewishCathedral + 4*iReligion

iHappiness += getNumBuildings(iPlayer, iTemple)
            if iReligion == iStateReligion:
                iHappiness += 2*getNumBuildings(iPlayer, iCathedral)

bTolerant = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).getCivics(iCivicsReligion) in [iTolerance, iSecularism]
        for city in utils.getCityList(iPlayer):
            if bTolerant:
                iHappiness += city.getReligionCount()
            elif iStateReligion != -1 and city.isHasReligion(iStateReligion):
                iHappiness += 1

return iHappiness

1SDAN, Crimean Lord and Kott like this.
  15. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Thank you so much. That coding wizardry makes perfect sense in hindsight.

It seems I forgot that the happiness bonus is tied to the state religion.

New update: Cleaned up getReligionHappiness code

Crimean Lord likes this.
  16. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Merged latest DoC

Crimean Lord likes this.
  17. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Merged latest DoC

Rodnok and Crimean Lord like this.
  18. Crimean Lord

Crimean Lord Warlord

I've decided to make YouTube's Episodes based on Dawn of Civilization (Reborn) :cool:
    Of course: Russia-the-Mother:mischief: have priority for me - because I make that Episodes for the russian-speaking fans of Civ:)

1SDAN and black213 like this.
  19. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

I am honoured you made a video on the mod. Thank you so much.

Also I noticed towards the end Python reported an error, do you happen to still have the PythonErr log file?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Crimean Lord likes this.
  20. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Also, the vassal glitch seen in the video is purely visual. If you have chipotle enabled and press Ctrl+Z you will see that you're not shown as a vassal there but rather some other nation you've not met. I'm not sure why this happens and have yet to reproduce it, I am very sorry for the confusion.

Crimean Lord likes this.