Civver Looking For PBEM Game...

Hi all, looking for a PBEM or other asynchronous game to join or start. First time poster here on Civfanatics, am Noble/Monarch level on single player. Thanks!

Hi all, looking for a PBEM or other asynchronous game to join or start. First time poster here on Civfanatics, am Noble/Monarch level on single player. Thanks!
Well a big welcome. You've arrived at a good time, some new games are just getting ready to start and would welcome new players.

Indeed, it is exciting to see new people joining us. Do you play mods or just vanila BTS? (my standard question :lol: )

As of now, vanilla BTS. I'd be happy to do mods, but am on a Mac and using Steam, so that might limit the repertoire of mods.

There is alot of action in full-featured, as-designed, BTS up here without getting into strange variations wherein the designers & other "insiders" have a distinct advantage & often are a hassle just to get "mod" set up & running.
Especially if U R willing to sub into an existing game as a replacement.
Have U set yourself up at http://www.pbemtracker.com/ ? Virtually all up here, mod or as-designed, use it.

^^ He is right about tracker, but he is wrong about mods :) Stay with the open mind, I don't think Steam and Mac are worse than Windows 8, duh.

P.S. Please keep exact same name for tracker as you have here.

Hey there I'm new to PBEM but quite fancy it to actually play a game through to completion. I normally play online with the standard simultaneous turns, although pretty sure I could transfer over quite easily. Most of the time I play teamers although a good FFA is also quite a lot of fun, which are normally played rather quickly and rarely get past the middle ages.

Don't really do single player much but just tried the BOTM and won that fairly easily which was emporer so probably around that level. Besides this would be more like online stuff anyway which is always fairly warfarey.

Think it may be nice to get some games going, especially interested in the ones where you can control complementary civs. Seems like a nice idea and much like a team game - do you do any where players start allied?

PS I tried to register on the PBEM tracker although every name I tried, including a mash of 20 different characters were already taken. Are there any issues with it currently?

WELCOME to semi-sane, slow down & THINK world of PBEM. :wavey:
MUCH less warfare madness... unless U leave yourself TOO open. :trouble:
Have also tried the GofM = way too weird & cliquish &
online shoot'm up's = this great game has so many other ways to have fun & maybe win.

There several team games as well as 1-player-controls-multiple-civs contests. Both rather interesting approaches.
Ask & around. There arn't too many new games started, but if U R willing to be a replacement (good way to gain experience & friends) there are quite often slots avail. :scan:

As for Tracker... never heard of that issue. There is admin email on site; they get to Q's reasonably qik & are very helpful chaps.

Think it may be nice to get some games going, especially interested in the ones where you can control complementary civs. Seems like a nice idea and much like a team game - do you do any where players start allied?

PS I tried to register on the PBEM tracker although every name I tried, including a mash of 20 different characters were already taken. Are there any issues with it currently?

Welcome, your Evilness :salute:! Traacker is having issues currently, try to email admin and ask him about that.

DO you play mods? Brand new game with Rhye's and fall of civilization starting soon, claim your spot now, it's gonna be fun.

As for teamwork -- I am really into WW2 games and play one private game with War in Pacific scenario -- obviously USA and British Empire are permanently allied against Japan there, do give you an example...

Yeah tracker was having issues but the admin has sorted them now. I know what you mean about GoTM but the start ups are rather interesting and I needed something to play where I am currently as my internet doesn't allow me to play online.

However I definitely do need to slow down to get the most out of my civ - used to the 'blazing timer is not quick enough' type of games! Although reaching industrial/modern in a couple of hours is pretty good going.

I don't really play mods, I rather like standard BtS and am more interested in balance rather than historical accuracy. Although tbf there are always issues like egypt with a horse cap or byzentines on medieval starts, overall the main game is pretty well done, save map generation.

Rhyes is one of the few mods I have tried, but I have found it to be quite buggy, especially if you have a DoW as you spawn, whether you recieve the extra units or just your workers. I often have to use worldbuilder when on my 6th turn they haven't arrived.

The main team games I was talking about were the 3v3 inland affairs which are thoroughly good fun, having two 'front' players warring and a 'back' player providing economic, wonder and then unit support. The 3 of you give a good range of tactics open and does speed up teching as they are very unit heavy games.

I have now joined a couple of games and hoped that would give me more info about them however it hasn't. Do I need to try and find them in the forums or email them? What is the convention? I have also set up a duel game to gets things rolling.

Looking For: can play about anything but prefer huge maps with many civs, none players replaced by AI, will play BTS(3.19) only
Favorite Civilizations: Bismarck aus Germany
Communication: pm here, e-mail
Experience: SP only can beat emperor and sometimes immortal for conquest/domination victory
Playstyle: powerhungry expander if im small, peaceful builder if im big, cooperative,

Welcome. :wavey: I personally like your choices & stated playing style. :thumbsup:
R U willing to step into a game as a replacement?

Ty!
Id like to know some more about settings, civilizations and what era the game is in before I say yes so plz some more info

Of course. Each game has that sort of info on 1st page of game's thread.

Chek out/subscribe to "Replacement Hall" thread so game admin'rs know U R interested & avail.

Good luck with finding some good action & strategy! :thumbsup:

Btw civtilidy in case you like RFC and want something different, this game is still desperately looking for players.

Hey, I'm definitely not new to CIV or to the forum, but I haven't played any CIV multiplayer in my life and now is probably a good time to start ! (I'm signed on for the RFC PBEM, but as Vikings so I won't be playing for some time)

I was searching the PBEM page for games starting soon, are there any ? I'd rather start with a standard-ish game, to get more familiar with multiplayer.

I was searching the PBEM page for games starting soon, are there any ? I'd rather start with a standard-ish game, to get more familiar with multiplayer.

Check my post just above this one for the other RFC PBEM I'm hosting. Only one more player. :cry:

If you really insist on some degree of normalcy, how about Back to Back?

I would like to play a PBEM game, although I am going to have to wait a couple of weeks to start one, I should be able to start in mid September. If anyone would like me to play in their upcoming PBEM game, or substitute in a current game, please let me know.

I have no qualifications and thus will have to build a reputation. ;)
I really have no favorite preferences, and am willing to try new things.
I live in the USA: CST zone, but I have an odd schedule, and thus am more often available on weekdays, and during the day time. :p
Contact: Either by e-mail or by PM, are there any Xfire users here?

Welcome. We just filled a couple of slots.
But keep an i on the Replacement thread & something may open up.

Enjoy. :hatsoff:

Top Bottom