~ Ethne
~ The_One
~ Agares_AngelOfDespsir

:D

xDDD

(( note: i was "The_One" ))

edit:
Lemonized_Jelly on irc said:
<Agares_AngelOfDespair>: The One can't come back to #erebus when the taint of Agares is here because he would destroy it.
can you explain it ?? :D

explain what?

The One left Erebus, and cannot come back because it would destroy everything, because of Agares's taint.

And when I left, the evil, madness inducing taint that was in #erebus left as well.

:D

1288 Many FFH2 forum thread titles (like Adepts' Experience or Minster Koon Thinks He's Grigori) sound like great book or short story titles to you. And vice versa.

1291: You settle a city in the desert in regular BtS because "there's enough good land here and plenty of food once I cast spring on the, ohwait, OH NO!"

1292. You commit necromancy on a just for fun thread abandonned for more than a year.
1293. You think the Time Vortex is Ceridwen's Vault and the Time Lords are Emrys from another Vault.:gp:
1294. You think ninjas are Sidar scouts and could teleport to their souls.

1295) You're still subscribed to a thread from a year ago about FFH.

1296 - You've been saying "Just.. one.. more.. turn.." to yourself for the past four hours...

1293. You don't go to gothic churches because they are the basis of satanist mad scientists.
1294. You think being greedy, an anarchist and/or a satanist makes you a very good scientist.
1295. Should you ever be playing normal BtS, you wonder how that guy who looks nothing like Varn Gossam or Decius can have several Teutoriges and you never build more then four Berserkers or Crossbowmen.
1296. You delete all files on your computer not necessary for Fall from Heaven (maybe excluding the internet so you can update it or read the FfH forums.
1297. You take Death III so you can play FfH nonstop forever.
1298. You create a new difficulty which is to Diety what Diety is to Settler, naming it "Kael".
1299. You play all the scennarios on Kael and always score a "Chthulhu".
1300. Kael is too easy for you.
1301. You know more about the setting then Kael and Magister Cultuum combined.

1303. When you hear about a blizzard covering half the country you think it is the work of Mulcarn.
1304. You are afraid that the riots in Egypt will raise the Armageddon Counter.
1305. You think that Mana travels in carts along roads.

In general, I would tend to agree with rlaf about the differences being linguistic. With species as different as humans and lizardmen it would make sense for them to be unable to pronounce the same names. I'm not sure I agree with his example though.

Its not Yavweh, its YHWH, the Tetragrammaton (Yahweh is our best guess though). There is no way to know if there is a long A sound. No one knows the vowels. Hebrew did not have vowel points at the time the scriptures were written, and since the Jews were so careful not to take the name in vain, the proper pronunciation has long been lost. (This may be in part because when the commandment not to blaspheme the name was translated to Aramaic the word used also meant pronounce.) (Samaritans preserved the pronuciation as Yahwe or Yahwa.) The misreading "Jehovah" comes from putting the vowel points of of Adonai (the title, "lord") in between the consonants of the tetragrammaton to remind readers to use the title instead of the name. (Sometimes Elohim was used instead of Adonai.)

There are some Christians who emulate Jewish practice and avoid saying God directly. Circumlocutions in references to the divine were quire common among Christians a couple centuries ago.

This is why we keep magister around. I'm glad we have somone like him. :)

Hey, man. I was jus goin off of wat I've heard Jews say, how they pronounce it. I know the Jewish alphabet caused some problems for the other languages (when translated) cuz of the fact that it is, as you said, Tetragrammaton.

And, yes, some Christians do emulate the practice of not sayin God directly. But in general, many don't. Even goin so far as to break one of the 10 Commandments, "Don't take the name of Lord in vain", by sayin "Oh my God". Anyway, nough religious/linguistic debate. We're stealin the thread.

474. You've often noticed that Elohim, the Jewish word meanin "Fullness of the Gentiles", doesn't describe the Elohim civ well cuz they are no Jews in dark fantasy mods. It's also an Easter Egg; see the thread on "Easter Eggs".

Elohim means gods, not fullness of the gentiles. And the Elohim are based on a middle eastern tribe of the same name.

Top Bottom