Cohan's Public House (formerly The Grey Hare)

Hello! I've just read everything, and might have some thoughts to add. It looks like 100K might be in our plans, or at least a start in that direction. I just used your suggestion of getting to replacable parts fast to get Russia an 1140AD win, and I think the fast research needed to do this gives us the flexibility to change our plans, if need be.:)

A couple of questions, though.

1. How likely are the other teams to have an isolated start as we appear to have?

2. If 1, then might not other teams be looking for a wonder-generated GA?

3. How realistic are our chances of getting Pyramids given Team Saber's base civ is Ottos?

4. If we pursue TGL, we hurt the chances of the sci. civs getting such a GA, unless they build MoM. If we get that, we would most likely pick up BW&IW quickly without researching it ourselves. With enough contacts, we might even reach the MA first, since the line of tech we are on most likely is not being pursued by the other teams. Therefore, we might want to be a little stingy with tech trades, but negotiate aggressively to see how bad they want the techs and also appear eager to get their techs.

Observations: we are currently growing nicely with the managed start underway, and it seems reasonable to expect we could get 60 cities on this island as killercane suggests. I agree that prioties should be growth and contacts, for now. Of course, this is my first MP, but I thought I may as well share some thoughts.:)

Welcome Prince M! We always need new thoughts on this thing. After dotmapping, I think we have room for 54-55 cities, including one on the island/continent Northwest and one in the fog Northeast, which looks like plains by the hill and might continue. There may be another landmass there.

Rik made the map so the starts should be similar. Everyone is probably isolated, and the demographics add more reasoning to that.

TGL will give us slightly over 10,000 beakers if we get up to Invention. If we consider lost settlers, production, etc., I would estimate the 400 shields to cost us 5 commerce/shield or so. We do recoup this a bit by buying settlers in monarchy and settling faster. And it denies the others a golden age wonder until late with Newtons. We could even build MoM if we get the FP in place and have nothing else to build.

I do have another question, how does F7 work in MP? Do we see the wonders being built by other teams when we meet them, and do we get messages when a wonder is completed by other teams as in SP? We have three pre-builds to hide our intentions with our current tack to Monarchy. I think TGL is worth a go depending on what our contacts reveal/do not reveal in the next 20 turns or so. We just might control the gateway to the MA.:)

It works the same as in SP. We must have contact with others for them to see our wonders being built. They will show up in F7 to everyone upon completion.

Heya gang. I would like to be deeper into this game but it looks like I'm going to be stuck lurking the perimeter for the rest of the year. I'm taking a new job Monday that's a big opportunity for me and it's going to be the most fun I've had at a job since I got paid for making pizza's in my folks joint when I was 12.

Anyway, I promise to be decked out in full paranoia once we start making contacts and deals.

Hey best of luck JB. If you don't stop by for a beer every so often we'll send a posse to Ohio for you.

Well, since you were foolish enough ask...

We generate a massive amount of simulation data around here and the move is afoot to put in place a system to manange the data as-well-as the workflow. Such systems are well established for product data (PDM) but not for Engineering data. I just so happened to have a goofy background in both engineering and the software tools that crank out the reams of data. Add to that the last four years of project management and I was sort of a natural to take on the job of putting together the plans to get this in place.

The hardest part of the job will be communicating w/ my new, and very odd, coworkers. This all falls within IT and now I'm one of them. And good communication skills in IT are not always easy to find. Resistance is futile! Anyway, if I have insulted any of you IT types then my objective has been met. :)

This is supposed to be my first day on the new job but the bossman is on his last day of vacation to a Star Trek convention. He's beaming in tomorrow.

Hugs and kisses.

JB - IT Geek

Has a nice ring to it, don't you think? :joke: No, it sounds like a challenge JB. I wish you the best of luck.

Sir Bugsy said:
Ever see the Mighty, Mighty Bosstones? They have a band member who is the designated dancer. That can be your role Prince.

I have seen them, sounds great to me.:)
I just hope I don't turn into Will Ferrell on cowbell in that SNL skit about Iron Butterfly.:lol:

Also, good luck on the new job jb.:)

Well, since you were foolish enough ask...

We generate a massive amount of simulation data around here and the move is afoot to put in place a system to manange the data as-well-as the workflow. Such systems are well established for product data (PDM) but not for Engineering data. I just so happened to have a goofy background in both engineering and the software tools that crank out the reams of data. Add to that the last four years of project management and I was sort of a natural to take on the job of putting together the plans to get this in place.

The hardest part of the job will be communicating w/ my new, and very odd, coworkers. This all falls within IT and now I'm one of them. And good communication skills in IT are not always easy to find. Resistance is futile! Anyway, if I have insulted any of you IT types then my objective has been met. :)

This is supposed to be my first day on the new job but the bossman is on his last day of vacation to a Star Trek convention. He's beaming in tomorrow.

Hugs and kisses.

Sounds like mine (although a different field) - I build financial projection models for an insurance company working out how mush cash we need to fund the losses from US hurricanes.

Since our motto is "Hit bottom and digging", or something to that affect, I would like to nominate the Chicago Cubs as our official Team Gong adopted Major League Baseball team. The Cubs, more than any other professional sports team epitomize dwelling in the cellar and clawing and the earth beneath them.

:)

Top Bottom