• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Boring Thread

Hey, hey there, Plains Cow. Watch it. This isn't the EXCITING thread, you know!

It’s raining here today, so that means I’ll be wearing my waterproof shoes. The trade-off is that they are less comfortable than my other shoes. But, I value dryness over immediate comfort.

I'm drinking Diet A&W Root Beer.

I'd mention the chapter of a Downton Abbey fanfic I read earlier, but it's too exciting.

I walked by a Coke machine and thought “hmm, a Diet Coke sounds good” and knowing there is one by where I was working, I went back to discover that while the machine is branded Coca-Cola, it only had Fanta.

Pepsi machines here have the same deal—Pepsi branding, but sometimes, no Pepsi. That’s fine, the sugar-free Pepsi here isn’t good anyway.

This is it.

I’m doing my laundry in the morning before work because during the daytime the machines are sometimes in use.

I have about 20 minutes left before I have to pull everything out of the dryer.

Pretty boring.
The solution to this problem is simple to any individual versed in self reliance and free marketeering.

Simply take ownership of the unoccupied resource - washing machine usage time - and gate access to the rest.

“How?” You ask. Simple: add coin slot operated “access tabs” to the exterior of every washing machine.

Whether the machine is already coin use accessible, you have now put to work all that idle waiting time that had been sitting empty.

And think of the extra value provided to those who thought their wash would only cost $1. Now they can savor the value of a $2 wash, thanks to you!

I've started to develop a cold. It's boring because I'm only dripping from one nostil.
Drip drip, sniff
The slow spondee of my energy ebbing away.
Drip drip, sniff.

The solution to this problem is simple to any individual versed in self reliance and free marketeering.

Simply take ownership of the unoccupied resource - washing machine usage time - and gate access to the rest.

“How?” You ask. Simple: add coin slot operated “access tabs” to the exterior of every washing machine.

Whether the machine is already coin use accessible, you have now put to work all that idle waiting time that had been sitting empty.

And think of the extra value provided to those who thought their wash would only cost $1. Now they can savor the value of a $2 wash, thanks to you!
What’s this, some kinda troll? I’m at work eating lunch (tuna on a croissant!) and my eyes are just glazed over like, what the frick are you talking about. Add to that I don’t care because it’s like, it’s uh, laundry.

I want to say this was boring, but this is the boring thread, so I guess, good job.

by sheer coincidence, i have monday and wednesday off from work both this week and the next. which two weekdays i get off from work each week is something that varies, so it's pretty rare that they line up like this. not that interesting tho.

It's trash day so, you know, I had to put the trash cans out.

I'm sitting at my desk at work trying real hard to get motivated to actually do some work. Instead I'm here at CFC looking for excitement. I found this boring thread.

I am happy.

@Gori the Grey It's trash day here as well and I put out my trash can this morning. Hopefully it will be empty when I return home this evening.

What’s this, some kinda troll? I’m at work eating lunch (tuna on a croissant!) and my eyes are just glazed over like, what the frick are you talking about. Add to that I don’t care because it’s like, it’s uh, laundry.

I want to say this was boring, but this is the boring thread, so I guess, good job.
I’m just offering you tips to upgrade your game, hustler. Giving you the tools to succeed in the hunt! But I guess you can lead a horse to water and all that jazz.

In case you need a sound track to listen to as you read the boring thread, here is a link to "Boring Song"

Valka might like Penguin Lament, from the same album, but it is too exciting for this thread, much like her fanfic.

It is two weeks before final exams, and I have no students during my office hours, so I am bored and, therefore, here in this thread.

@Gori the Grey It's trash day here as well and I put out my trash can this morning. Hopefully it will be empty when I return home this evening.
I gotta say, that's my hope too: that the trash collectors will collect the trash.

Last edited:
Read title as the bong thread.

I gotta say, that's my hope too: that the trash collectors will collect the trash.
It's 6 hours later. The suspense is killing me. Did they take your garbage away?

It's 6 hours later. The suspense is killing me. Did they take your garbage away?
They did, yes. And I've put the receptacles back in their place. So there's that. Thanks for asking.

Top Bottom