• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Colored or White Lights?

What kind of lights do you like best?

• White Lights

Votes: 34 51.5%
  • Multi-Colored Lights

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • Single-Colored Lights (red, blue, green, etc.)

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
So, what kinds of lights have you seen this year for decorations? I've seen more colored lights this year. For about 10-15 years, it's been all white lights, and now it's going back to colors. (mostly red,green, and blue lights).

There's even some with only red or only blue lights. My mom thinks the red glow looks scary. I think all blue lights on a tree look scary.

So, what lights do you like best?

Personally, I like colored lights. It's what I remember as a kid, and it's nostalgic.

I pity your area.

All white lights?

There is nothing like a fresh Torontonian night, with newly fallen snow lining the roofs and trees and multi-coloured lights filling the darkness.

Is the poll asking for what has been seen, or what is liked?

I have seen and I like mostly uniform themes, so I voted white, but it's not strictly true.

My decorations will be a mish-mash of whatever survived from previous years, and will most likely combine to make a multi-coloured mess :D

multi colored.

however my wife likes white ones, so our tree has white ones. :)

White Lights.

(Darn 10 character limit :arg: )

For most of my life, I live in an area where there's only white light, and they stay up all year (just not on). Now that we're richer, and moved to a wealthier communitie and I see pretty christmas lights around christmas, I must admit that color lights are pretty awesome.

Well I was trying to decide between multicolored and white, and after I decided on multi, I realised accidentally voted white :cry:

I prefer monochromatic lights to many colors (there is a house nearby that does all blue and it looks really great), but I voted multicolored to prevent white lights from winning. White lights are boring and conformist.

Coloured! White lights are so bland...It's just not Christmas. They're pretentious and wrong.

Cuivienen said:
I voted multicolored to prevent white lights from winning. White lights are boring and conformist.
Damn right! :goodjob:

Most of the lights around here are all white (kinda' boring to me).

I dig colored lights. But I like those really big ones, like we had in the old days. Especially a house / yard covered with them, because it almost looks like a candy house. :D

We still use big lights in combination with small lights. We actually have white lights on our house, but white lights are okay when interspersed with colored lights.

Single-Colored (red, blue, green, orange, pink (yes, my house has some pink lights :p )

No! White lights are winning! Vote, all ye who love colored lights, for we must drive back the tide of the bland and nondescript!

I like all blue.

Top Bottom