1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Combat and Stacking Overhaul .3

Ranged units stack with melee, strategic resources works differently

1. fuad

fuad Chieftain

Hi great mod !!! It’s working great on my pc however I tried to use it in the iPad version but it did the same problem ranged vs ranged units , I know that the iPad version ain’t fully updated like the pc version but is there a way to make this work on the current version of the iPad or should I wait till it gets the full update like the pc one ?

New update : I changed the
    <LoadOrder>1000</LoadOrder>
    To
    <LoadOrder>10200</LoadOrder>
    And the mod works on IPad

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. MagicCuboid

MagicCuboid Chieftain

Love the mod so far. I was just wondering if Persia is working as intended. They function like archers rather than warriors when it comes to stacking limits, which takes them down from one of my favorite unique units to being a little meh. Their melee strength is only 30 and their attack is 25. This makes a great classical era archer, for sure, but the cost of losing swordsmen is a little steep.

That said, there is some tactical advantage in being able to let the Immortals stand solo sometimes and "tank" for a wounded retreating Spearman, etc.

edit: So, after a bit more play I think the Immortal might not be as imbalanced as I initially thought. They're built quickly and the choice between range and melee is pretty powerful.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  3. Ymir9

Ymir9 Chieftain

Another great mod, Gedemon!
    One possible bug: The resource bonuses don't seem to work when acquired through Hattusa's unique bonus.

4. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Chieftain

Seems to work with R&F from cursory testing so far, haven't had a comprehensive look yet tho (No Hattusa for instance) and am only in Medieval Era. Anyone else test this for R&F compatibility yet?

5. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Chieftain

How would I make changes to bring back the Observation Balloon now that we have the Drones as well? I'd appreciate a quick tutorial if at all possible.

6. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

in the CSO_Rules file delete line 75

(search for "balloon" and there it is)

Buni0ns likes this.
  7. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Chieftain

Thanks!

8. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Chieftain

Another quick question for self tailoring,

In CSO_Rules file line 41 reads:

UPDATE Units SET FormationClass = 'FORMATION_CLASS_SUPPORT' WHERE PromotionClass = 'PROMOTION_CLASS_RECON' AND Domain = 'DOMAIN_LAND';

Is that the line I delete to change recon units back to recon and not support? It looks like the change but it also reads green in notepad ++ which looks to me like it might just be comments? I am unsure.

Thanks in advance for clarification.

9. fuad

fuad Chieftain

Is this mod still compatible for Rise and fall expansion? Even with the new ranged units of the new civ’s?

10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Should be.
    @Bunions: it's commented out, the active code is a few lines below.

11. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

I cant remember: do CSs get wall with this mod?

EDIT: they do :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  12. petete1

petete1 Chieftain

Hi. Would it be possible to let explorers use autoexplore?

13. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

Gedemon, would it be possible to have only the 2UPT (range and melee on one tile) part of this mod as a standalone mod?