1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Combat and Stacking Overhaul .3

Ranged units stack with melee, strategic resources works differently

1. fuad

fuad Chieftain

Hi great mod !!! It’s working great on my pc however I tried to use it in the iPad version but it did the same problem ranged vs ranged units , I know that the iPad version ain’t fully updated like the pc version but is there a way to make this work on the current version of the iPad or should I wait till it gets the full update like the pc one ?

New update : I changed the
    <LoadOrder>1000</LoadOrder>
    To
    <LoadOrder>10200</LoadOrder>
    And the mod works on IPad

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 11:41 AM
  2. MagicCuboid

MagicCuboid Chieftain

Love the mod so far. I was just wondering if Persia is working as intended. They function like archers rather than warriors when it comes to stacking limits, which takes them down from one of my favorite unique units to being a little meh. Their melee strength is only 30 and their attack is 25. This makes a great classical era archer, for sure, but the cost of losing swordsmen is a little steep.

That said, there is some tactical advantage in being able to let the Immortals stand solo sometimes and "tank" for a wounded retreating Spearman, etc.

edit: So, after a bit more play I think the Immortal might not be as imbalanced as I initially thought. They're built quickly and the choice between range and melee is pretty powerful.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018