Resource icon

Combat and Stacking Overhaul .3

Question why does the AI stack compared to multiple units per tile mod for example?

Because the game doesn't use the global parameter setting the number of units allowed per tile when it checks AI units position (somewhere in the code someone has not used the normal check for number of unit per tile assuming wrongly that the global parameters was useless).

That parameters is used in the MUPT mod, while I change the ranged and recon units to support units, which is a kind of stacking needed for the base game.

The obvious limitation of my method is that it won't allow more than 2 combat units per tile until the DLL is released, while MUPT just require a bug fix on Firaxis side to work for the AI too.

Thanks for the good and constructive review, always useful, and I'm pleased to know that the comments in there are helping to tweak the mod.

I have to say this is a good mod. After playing a few times, I feel I can't go back to vanilla. Having ranged units NOT stacked with melee units now feels weird and it bothers me when an archer is on its own.

Also, initially I was in favour of the 2 tile range for archers and crossbowmen but the 1 tile range is actually better, imho.

Well done.

Will this mod be updated for the Summer 2017 patch?

Does it start or are you back to main menu ?

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

No it's works fine actually. Turns out I had another mod activated.

Actually, there may be a small problem with Nubia. When using the Pitati (UU) the unit for some reason doesn't stack. Also, there's an issue where ranged units sometimes can't attack a unit next to them with full movement. If I move the mouse over the target it doesn't become red, but just has a '1' with no circle around it.

I wonder if anyone is having this issue.

I am having the same problem. Slingers (haven't tested other ranged units) cannot attack adjacent enemy units - the attack button is grayed out the same as if there is no enemy in range.

I am having the same problem. Slingers (haven't tested other ranged units) cannot attack adjacent enemy units - the attack button is grayed out the same as if there is no enemy in range.
Same problem here only I discovered that it was only other ranged units they could not attack, e.g. my archer could attack an enemy warrior but not slinger.

Hoping for an update as I really like this mod.

\Skodkim

Hello. I have encountered an issue possibly regarding this mod. All recon and ranged units die instantly when attacked, regardless of health and combat strength. This has never happened in any of my games prior the Summer 2017 patch.

I decided to go into the CSO_Rules.sql file to see what could possibly be causing my lone field cannon with full health to get one-hit killed by a Barbarian scout coming out of the fog of war. I removed the lines of code that create the new formation classes for ranged and recon units. I started a new game, and my first scout stopped getting insta-gibbed by Barbarian spearmen waltzing out of their encampments to hit my scout from across the river.

In addition to the formation class issue. I am also experiencing the issue with ranged units being unable to attack one-another. I don't know why it be like it is, but it do.

Yes, and it doesn't look good, on first look I don't think this can be fixed on my end, I don't know what they've changed in the code, but I'm afraid we won't be able to fix that until they do it in a patch or we have access to the SDK.

Added specific formation class for ranged and recon, let me know if it works as pre-summer patch, TIA.

Yes, I've not uploaded it on the workshop as it is very limited compared to the civ5 version ATM, it doesn't really justify the "overhaul" part yet...

Top Bottom